Fox News reporter confirms Ted Cruz flew to Cancun while Texas citizens suffer

Wally

Reaction score
Honestly, never knew a thing about him before he was hailed as the director of New York (really NYC's) covid crises back last spring. I know people really liked him back then, and were even talking he should run for president? I seem to recall.

Guess not anymore.

Ditto.
Still know nothing about him, never watched his news conferences. Why would I follow a local NY politician?

Ted Cruz affects my life as he is in the US Senate. That said, I don't really care about him either. I just like laughing at him. Thats the extent of it, he is a joke punchline.

MplsGopher

Banned
Reaction score
If the story is true Cuomo should be done.
What is "the story"?

I know people want it to be that he had the LTCF covid death numbers rigged, to lie about how many had died.

Obviously if that is true, it is damning, and obviously he's going to try to spin it, if it were true.

So how do we tell between: that wasn't the case, and it was the case but he's spinning it?

Section2

Reaction score
You too. You go first. Also, now you are admitting you were targeting me, when above you claimed you weren't.
What a surprise. Jake wants to have a multi post pissing contest. Back on ignore you go.

Section2

Reaction score
My CNN watching wife has been watching non stop Cuomo outrage. That network never pulls punches when it can make New York look bad.
I wouldn’t know, but I trust your word. Just seems like the national temperature on Cuomo is about a million degrees lower than Cruz.

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
I wouldn’t know, but I trust your word. Just seems like the national temperature on Cuomo is about a million degrees lower than Cruz.
Yeah, the Cuomo thing involves some moving parts, while Ted's dog (named Snowflake, not made up), makes for an easy to understand story. Some of this is partisan, and some of it is that people really have no attention span.

MplsGopher

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah, the Cuomo thing involves some moving parts, while Ted's dog (named Snowflake, not made up), makes for an easy to understand story. Some of this is partisan, and some of it is that people really have no attention span.
Lay out "the story", on Cuomo, then.

What do you think happened?

howeda7

Reaction score
When it says "Readout", I was expecting to see something like a transcript. But there is nothing on that webpage except a small overview?
They had to leave out the part where Biden asked Abbot to "do him a favor though." :cool:

MennoSota

Reaction score
Because they can't say a magical being told them the "rules”?

Yea ok.
You are just reinforcing my belief that religion is a mental illness.
They can say whatever their synapsis are telling them to say. What they say is meaningless because it is only what they personally feel. What someone else personally feels is equally true. Thus there is no definitive declaration, only relative feelings. It's meaningless. This is post-modernism and atheism. It boils down to nihilism.

Spoofin

Reaction score
There were 287 posts in this thread yesterday. There were 20 in the Cuomo thread yesterday.
If nothing else, we see where the GH lefties were focusing yesterday’s OUTRAGE.

MennoSota

Reaction score
Thanks goodness no theistic belief system has ever resulted in senseless genocide against people who hold different beliefs. Impermeable backstop, that.
Who would disagree?
However, can a theistic worldview declare definitive right and wrong? Yes. Why? There is a standard to go by.
Thus, atheists end up being hypocrites to their own logic as they borrow theistic morality and apply it to themselves as a standard, even though there cannot be a standard in such a naturalistic ideology. In atheism, right and wrong are just figments of imagination.

Wally

Reaction score
There were 287 posts in this thread yesterday. There were 20 in the Cuomo thread yesterday.

A bunch of people died who would have died anyways. You righties convinced me this is nothing to worry about.
🤷🤷🤷🤷

Wally

Reaction score
Who would disagree?
However, can a theistic worldview declare definitive right and wrong? Yes. Why? There is a standard to go by.
Thus, atheists end up being hypocrites to their own logic as they borrow theistic morality and apply it to themselves as a standard, even though there cannot be a standard in such a naturalistic ideology. In atheism, right and wrong are just figments of imagination.

I have my morals and you can't steal them!!!!!
(Stomping feet and waving arms)
😂😂😂

howeda7

Reaction score
11 pages on this, huh?

No one is going to give a crap about this in 2024.

And Cruz made the correct decision by turning on his heel and pushing over small children to run back to the airport as fast as he could, to cut his vacation short and get his ass back to Texas, pronto.

Oh yeah, yeah, we definitely believe you that you just felt like you had to chaperone your daughter down there, check things out, then come back right away. Yep, that was definitely the plan the whole time. Idiot.
Nationally no one will care by 2024. Texans will likely remember. He barely won last time but Cornyn just won by 10. He's a genuinely unlikable douche, even before he supported the insurrection and now this. If Beto or someone else decent runs, he will have a fight.

RememberMurray

Reaction score
Who would disagree?

Your premise that true morality and concepts of right and wrong can only have originated via theistic texts and doctrines is patently false.

Human existence predates religion by many years. Ancient humans would never have survived and thrived as a species if, long before the arrival of the first religions, they had not been able to find ways to coexist and even live cooperatively. There is no way that cooperation and shared interest can exist in a group that widely believes murder and theft are perfectly acceptable.

Since tribal/societal rules and norms existed long before humans invented religion, our morality exists independently of religion.

Last edited:

howeda7

Reaction score
That's because no one is spending dozens of post spinning and defending Cuomo the way you Fellas are poor Ted Cruz.

RememberMurray

Reaction score
Plus one of their Senators is Atheist Commie, but I'm not sure which one.

Something tells me we'll never get an answer to that perplexing GopherHole mystery.

Which one's the commie? Which one is the atheist? Only Menno knows...

Bad Gopher

A Loner, A Rebel
Reaction score
It's amazing how he thinks nobody will uncover or question his lies.

scools12

Reaction score
Come on Spoofin. The insurrection inciting seditious traitor not only took a flight to Cancun he left the family dog home alone.

Every American should be OUTRAGED 😡😡😡🤬🤬🤬

RememberMurray

Reaction score
Come on Spoofin. The insurrection inciting seditious traitor not only took a flight to Cancun he left the family dog home alone.

Every American should be OUTRAGED 😡😡😡🤬🤬🤬

You would think so; and yet only a certain percentage of us are outraged by the sedition and the blatant attempts to overturn the election.

scools12

Reaction score
You would think so; and yet only a certain percentage of us are outraged by the sedition and the blatant attempts to overturn the election.
Only problem you got here is Cruz didn’t incite anything nor did he try to overturn an election.

RememberMurray

Reaction score
Only problem you got here is Cruz didn’t incite anything nor did he try to overturn an election.

He participated in a cynical, dishonest ploy to delay the counting of votes on January 6.

He argued for creation of a committee to investigate bogus claims of voter fraud.

He supported Paxton's ridiculous lawsuit, which was a blatant attempt to overturn the election results in key states by disenfranchising certain voters.

He sent out a fund-raising message that read as follows: “Ted Cruz here. I’m leading the fight to reject electors from key states unless there is an emergency audit of the election results. Will you stand with me?”

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
That's because no one is spending dozens of post spinning and defending Cuomo the way you Fellas are poor Ted Cruz.
I'm searching for Republican with expensive groceries to compare him to.

Top Bottom