Fox News reporter confirms Ted Cruz flew to Cancun while Texas citizens suffer

Section2

Reaction score
100 year? They had a similar incident 11 years ago, just not quite as severe.

Yea greedy fucks want to make as much money as possible and don't give a shit about the consequences. They and the antiregulation lackies they buy off in the Texas government shift all the risk onto the citizens.

Its the republican way, profits for their donors and all risk is on the people. Subprime mortgage disaster is part of the same problem.
Not quite as severe. So like I said. 100 year.
I’m sure Texas energy is filled with cronyism. Cronyism is not a purely Republican problem. But for sure it is a problem. There’s a simple fix.

Section2

Reaction score
LMAO!! Ted has enraged everyone. You’d think he killed over 10k people and covered it up.

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
If I ever lose power and water for an extended period of time, I’ll be comforted to know that I can join a Zoom call with Amy. And that she’s here, in Minnesota, fighting for me.
If you assume that no one can be effective in that role, and trying is useless, than I guess we should continue to fund this mess and expect nothing.

scools12

Reaction score
You seem to be a really good listener. It really seems like you are invested in this conversation. Too bad you are so fucking stupid. Oh well, maybe next lifetime.
Such a leftist progressive whiny bitch.

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
She should give the ice cream to the homeless in her neighborhood. Heartless!
No. That would be a handout. There would be even more homeless in San Francisco if she did that. And then there’s the flaunting again. She’s going to stop eating so much ice cream.

scools12

Reaction score
I admit that I had to lookup who Beto was. Evidently he’s not even an elected official.
Actually it’s Robert Francis O’Rourke. Beto is his stage name. He goes by Beto when he rolls up his sleeves on Zoom calls.

Section2

Reaction score
Everything does. But this one has a moral hazard. The feds can’t regulate, yet will be the insurer of last resort. Perhaps Ted was trying to keep Texas independent by not actively lobbying or helping to coordinate federal aid.
Then the federal government shouldn’t bail out TX. Perfectly fine with me. TX can do whatever it wants.

GopherJake

Reaction score
Then the federal government shouldn’t bail out TX. Perfectly fine with me. TX can do whatever it wants.
They should stop asking for the help first. If they ask nicely ("pretty please with sugar on top, clean the fuckin' car"), I say we give it to them. Because we're not dicks.

Section2

Reaction score
They should stop asking for the help first. If they ask nicely ("pretty please with sugar on top, clean the fuckin' car"), I say we give it to them. Because we're not dicks.
Then give it to them. You are the ones enraged that they have the audacity to bypass federal regulators.

GopherJake

Reaction score
Then give it to them. You are the ones enraged that they have the audacity to bypass federal regulators.
Yo, Traitor, can you point to the evidence you have that I fall into your blanket statement?

Section2

Reaction score
Yo, Traitor, can you point to the evidence you have that I fall into your blanket statement?
I was speaking of the progs posting in this thread generally, rather than accusing you of anything.

Bad Gopher

A Loner, A Rebel
Reaction score
Just a reminder that this MIGHT only be the SECOND worst thing he's done THIS YEAR.

Wally

Reaction score
That's been answered multiple times already. Not that you care. He could do what Beto's doing. Or something else to help.
The whole idea of that is obviously foreign to Spoof and many on the right.

All a Senator could possibly do is sit and suffer in their house. Its not like they have a platform to help the people of their state.

Wow...

Okay, but as a dad wouldn't you do this if you had the chance?
Christ would be so proud of you...
I think I am tearing up.

You guys advocating for Teds selfishness and dismissal of his responsibility as a Senator....
Guess I shouldn't be surprised, todays right...

Last edited:

Section2

Reaction score
Words matter. You quoted my post and wrote that. Choose your words better.
Ones. Not one. I’m looping you in with a group of people who you see eye to eye with. You haven’t even bothered to deny it

Nax5

Reaction score
Perhaps they can elect an atheist communist like Georgia did.
I guess I asked the wrong question earlier. Does being an atheist disqualify you from being a good government official?

John Galt

Reaction score
If you assume that no one can be effective in that role, and trying is useless, than I guess we should continue to fund this mess and expect nothing.
Or we could not fund the mess.

So what exactly is a US Senator going to accomplish in this situation? Of course the optics are terrible, but it’s up to the utilities to restore power. I don’t need a politician grandstanding and pretending that they care and can do something.

MennoSota

Reaction score
I guess I asked the wrong question earlier. Does being an atheist disqualify you from being a good government official?
No. The atheist can never declare that what they are doing is good or bad. They are just acting according to the predetermined firing of their neurons. Others, who are not atheists, can declare if the atheist is acting good or bad, but the atheist will be a hypocrite by declaring himself good or bad. He just is doing what nature makes him do.

saintpaulguy

Reaction score

So what exactly is a US Senator going to accomplish in this situation? Of course the optics are terrible, but it’s up to the utilities to restore power. I don’t need a politician grandstanding and pretending that they care and can do something.
As a business person and as a private citizen, I have found contacting a Senator or member of Congress to be very helpful dealing with Federal bureaucracy. They have clout as overseers of the purse and regulations, the are listened to. It’s part of the job, really.

jovs

Reaction score

You are kidding right, smile smile wink wink, there is a politician in the white house that called around and found out that Dallas needed generators for there water treatment plants so people in that area have a supply of water and had the federal government provide the generators.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
It's coming. It's a question of when. Though this fiasco might slow down the migration of folks to Houston/Austin.
I honestly had never heard of the fact that the Texas state grid was disconnected from the rest of the national grid system and deregulated so that more profit could be squeezed out of it for its owners.

Just really pathetic. I bet many people who have moved there in the last X years had no idea of this either.

I had always assumed that it just made so much common sense that the national grid was there for every state (in the lower 48) to provide a market to buy power as needed, and that is so obviously a good thing.

Wally

Reaction score
No. The atheist can never declare that what they are doing is good or bad. They are just acting according to the predetermined firing of their neurons. Others, who are not atheists, can declare if the atheist is acting good or bad, but the atheist will be a hypocrite by declaring himself good or bad. He just is doing what nature makes him do.
Because if the bible didn't tell you not to you would be raping and killing, nice to know, that you know, you have no moral compass of your own...

Top Bottom