FOX News: Christianity Today Magazine calls for Trump's removal from office

Cruze

Reaction score
Will wonders never cease. The first crack in the Trumpster's Wall. It almost (but not quite) restores my faith in Christianity.

Christianity Today calls for Trump's removal from office following impeachment

One of the nation's top Christian magazine publications called for the removal of President Trump on Thursday, one day after the House of Representatives passed two articles of impeachment against him.

In an editorial titled "Trump Should Be Removed From Office," Christianity Today editor-in-chief Mark Galli invoked the mission of the magazine's founder, Billy Graham, to "help evangelical Christians interpret the news in a manner that reflects their faith."

"Whether Mr. Trump should be removed from office by the Senate or by popular vote next election—that is a matter of prudential judgment. That he should be removed, we believe, is not a matter of partisan loyalties but loyalty to the Creator of the Ten Commandments."

The CT editor-in-chief urged his readers to remind themselves "you are and whom you serve," warning them by asking "will anyone take anything we say about justice and righteousness with any seriousness for decades to come" if they don't "reverse course" with their support of Trump.

To use an old cliché, it’s time to call a spade a spade, to say that no matter how many hands we win in this political poker game, we are playing with a stacked deck of gross immorality and ethical incompetence," Galli wrote.

"Just when we think it’s time to push all our chips to the center of the table, that’s when the whole game will come crashing down. It will crash down on the reputation of evangelical religion and on the world’s understanding of the gospel.

Read complete article at: https://www.foxnews.com/media/christianity-today-trump-removal-impeachment

Go4

Reaction score
fake news media reporting on fake news! Sad!

MennoSota

Reaction score
Pretty sure you are a faithless person, Cruze. You're just digging for any chance to promote a Communist overlord as your leader.
As for Christians, I suspect most would drop Trump in an instant if a better person would be offered. What that means is that as horribly bad as Trump is, the Democrats roll out people who represent something even worse. Wrap your head around that for awhile, Cruze. The Democrats represent something even worse than Trump. That should reveal to you just how far the Democratic party has fallen as a party that represents true justice and virtue. The Democrats are so morally inept that even Donald Trump represents a moral upgrade. Shudder! This president represents a moral upgrade over the Democrats. That is just a sad statement for our nation when such worthlessness is offered as leadership for the nation.
Good luck Cruze. Perhaps your Communist party has boiled the frog and all virtue is dead in America.

GoodasGold

Reaction score
I like to consider myself evangelical. This is troubling.

Cruze

Reaction score
It should be obvious to even right wingers who only go to church on Christmas and Easter that Mark Galli's editorial calling for the Trumpster's removal is not going to be easily dismissed. Here is an article in which Galli explains his rationale for publishing the editorial:

Religion News Service

In an interview with Religion News Service on Thursday, Galli explained that he decided to publish the piece in part because of the magazine's history of speaking out during previous impeachment cases and in part because of Trump's actions. "It's just an unambiguous moment in which it is absolutely clear that there's just no question what (Trump) was trying to do," he said.

“This president has dumbed down the idea of morality in his administration. He has hired and fired a number of people who are now convicted criminals. He himself has admitted to immoral actions in business and his relationship with women, about which he remains proud.

His Twitter feed alone — with its habitual string of mischaracterizations, lies, and slanders — is a near perfect example of a human being who is morally lost and confused … The impeachment hearings have illuminated the president’s moral deficiencies for all to see.

This damages the institution of the presidency, damages the reputation of our country, and damages both the spirit and the future of our people. None of the president’s positives can balance the moral and political danger we face under a leader of such grossly immoral character,” Christianity Today wrote.

Read complete article at: https://religionnews.com/2019/12/19/christianity-today-editor-says-trump-is-morally-compromised-should-be-removed-from-office/

Last edited:

jamiche

Reaction score
Pretty sure you are a faithless person, Cruze. You're just digging for any chance to promote a Communist overlord as your leader.
As for Christians, I suspect most would drop Trump in an instant if a better person would be offered. What that means is that as horribly bad as Trump is, the Democrats roll out people who represent something even worse. Wrap your head around that for awhile, Cruze. The Democrats represent something even worse than Trump. That should reveal to you just how far the Democratic party has fallen as a party that represents true justice and virtue. The Democrats are so morally inept that even Donald Trump represents a moral upgrade. Shudder! This president represents a moral upgrade over the Democrats. That is just a sad statement for our nation when such worthlessness is offered as leadership for the nation.
Good luck Cruze. Perhaps your Communist party has boiled the frog and all virtue is dead in America.
You will give away the country (and the planet) to keep your AR15's, make abortion illegal, keep dark skinned people out and put gay people back in the closet. Don't pretend you would drop Trump in an instant if somebody better came along. You worship him in an animalistic way. He has brought your darkness out into the open.

justthefacts

Reaction score
You'll be supporting Bill Weld in the primaries, I assume? And you're upset that primaries in several states have only one candidate on the ballot?

Here's the CT article: https://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2019/december-web-only/trump-should-be-removed-from-office.html

theczar

Reaction score
CH

theczar

Reaction score
NEWS FLASH...Genius finds opinion piece written by democrat who wants trump impeached....WOW as Dave Lee would say

Nokomis

Nothing To Say
Reaction score
Your comment rings hollow. The exact same thing could be said about Republicans. Why has no credible candidate tried to primary him? Where are all the Christian conservatives? That's been my biggest disappointment of this election cycle -- that the party of supposed values doesn't have the guts to primary Trump.

Unfortunately, it's became clear that party affiliation defines American culture today. Order of allegiance in today's society:
1. Party
2. Country
3. Family
4. God
That order should really be reversed (however you define them).

jamiche

Reaction score
Your comment rings hollow. The exact same thing could be said about Republicans. Why has no credible candidate tried to primary him? Where are all the Christian conservatives? That's been my biggest disappointment of this election cycle -- that the party of supposed values doesn't have the guts to primary Trump.

Unfortunately, it's became clear that party affiliation defines American culture today. Order of allegiance in today's society:
1. Party
2. Country
3. Family
4. God
That order should really be reversed (however you define them).
There's an even easier way to handle the "if only there was someone more moral" argument that they always throw out there. Sota, humble beggar, charter school and the rest of their folks should be relentlessly lobbying repub senators to convict trump. Then they get Pence. Problem solved. Except it's not....they worship that angry beast. Trump legitimizes their visceral hatred and they love him for it.

kellyleeks

GH Hall of Fame '10
Reaction score
You will give away the country (and the planet) to keep your AR15's, make abortion illegal, keep dark skinned people out and put gay people back in the closet. Don't pretend you would drop Trump in an instant if somebody better came along. You worship him in an animalistic way. He has brought your darkness out into the open.
Wrong. Replace “dark skinned” with Moslems and people from shithole countries. Gays can stay out of closet, but don’t make me hire them and definitely no trannies anywhere. Don’t care about abortion either way.

theczar

Reaction score
Rev. Franklin Graham, who now leads the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association and prayed at Trump’s inauguration, tweeted Friday morning that his late father would be “disappointed” in the magazine. Graham added that he “felt it necessary” following the editorial to share that his father, who died last year after counseling several past presidents, had voted for Trump.
Christianity Today “represents what I would call the leftist elite within the evangelical community. They certainly don’t represent the Bible-believing segment of the evangelical community,” Graham told The Associated Press in an interview. He wrote on Facebook: “Is President Trump guilty of sin? Of course he is, as were all past presidents and as each one of us are, including myself.” You can all go back to being Godless Atheist’s who worship at the shrine of killing babies and selling remains to the highest bidder

GoodasGold

Reaction score
Is Franklin Graham’s late father looking down or looking up on this unfolding scenario?

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Wrong. Replace “dark skinned” with Moslems and people from shithole countries. Gays can stay out of closet, but don’t make me hire them and definitely no trannies anywhere. Don’t care about abortion either way.
Christians don't deserve North American any more than people of any other faith (or Atheists, for that matter).

Why do you think you're special? You're not.

Nokomis

Nothing To Say
Reaction score
A truer statement has never been posted on tOTB.

Nokomis

Nothing To Say
Reaction score
Rev. Franklin Graham, who now leads the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association and prayed at Trump’s inauguration, tweeted Friday morning that his late father would be “disappointed” in the magazine. Graham added that he “felt it necessary” following the editorial to share that his father, who died last year after counseling several past presidents, had voted for Trump.
Christianity Today “represents what I would call the leftist elite within the evangelical community. They certainly don’t represent the Bible-believing segment of the evangelical community,” Graham told The Associated Press in an interview. He wrote on Facebook: “Is President Trump guilty of sin? Of course he is, as were all past presidents and as each one of us are, including myself.” You can all go back to being Godless Atheist’s who worship at the shrine of killing babies and selling remains to the highest bidder
Perfect example of party first and God a distant second. Or maybe third or fourth behind money and self. It's hard to tell sometimes.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
A truer statement has never been posted on tOTB.
Your hatred will never win, in the long run. May take several more decades, but it will die away with your kind. Just as slavery eventually died out.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
They'll still vote for him.

He could piss on a Bible on national TV, they'd still vote for him.

They have no other choice. What are they going to do? Not voting or voting 3rd party is the same thing as voting Democrat, to them.

Nokomis

Nothing To Say
Reaction score
Your hatred will never win, in the long run. May take several more decades, but it will die away with your kind. Just as slavery eventually died out.
Hmm, perhaps you misunderstood my post.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
And yet, they don't care.
The number one thing, by far, that has divided the country: giving people no other choice but to vote for one party, if they want their vote to actually matter.

Section2

Reaction score
You don’t have to like Trump to realize he’s the enemy of your enemy. Far left progressives are completely anti Christian. Marxism destroys religion. There is no alternative to Trump for better or worse.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Far left progressives ... Marxism
Fantasy foes for you to "fight" against, to justify to yourself why you have to vote for Trump.

There are no such people running for POTUS, probably even in the Green party.

justthefacts

Reaction score

Q: Have you ever asked God for forgiveness?

A: That's a tough question. I don't think in terms... I'm a religious person. Shockingly... cause people are so shocked when they find this out, I'm protestant, I'm Presbyterian. I go to church, I love God, I love my church. Norman Vincent Peale, the great Norman Vincent Peale was my pastor. (blah blah blah redacted)

Q: But have you ever asked God for forgiveness?

A: I'm not sure I have. I just go and try and do a better job from there. I don't think so. I think if I do something wrong I think I just try and make it right, I don't bring God into that picture. I don't. Now when I take... you know when we go and church and when I drink my little wine, which is about the only wine I drink, and have my little cracker, I guess that's a form of asking for forgiveness.

SIDE NOTE: Peale did not lead a Presbyterian church and stopped leading services 31 years before this clip.

justthefacts

Reaction score

Q: What is God to you?

A: I think God is the ultimate. You look at this. You look at this incred... here we are at the Pacific Ocean. How did I ever own this? I bought it 15 years ago. I made one of the great deals, they say, ever on this piece of land. I have no mortgage on it, as you, I will certify and represent to you. I was able to buy this and make a great deal.

Top Bottom