- Oct 8, 2011
- Reaction score
Maybe not a launching pad to top 20 seasons and championships but I do think it was a launching pad on the recruiting front. I don't know that guys like Ortiz or Dickerson are looking our way without 2019.People need to start understanding what 2019 was and what it wasn't.
- Penn State was amazing and will always be a feather in Fleck's cap. Franklin was so impressed, that he store Ciarrocca away.
- The bowl game was a nice surprise and a great win, too. Especially given what the media and everyone thought was going to happen. Auburn was dejected to be in that game, compared to what they thought they could've accomplished that year, and also assumed they'd just "out speed" us or something.
- The Iowa and especially Wisconsin games were disappointments.
- Every other Big Ten game was against a down or easy opponent.
- Non-conf games could've easily been 0-3.
It was a great season. Hey, I'll take being lucky over being good. But in hindsight, we should've understood why it wasn't going to be a launching pad.