Feds charge six militia members in plot to kidnap Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer, court records show

Gopher_In_NYC

Reaction score

More Traitors masquerading as patriots - rot in prison if convicted. The great thing about these idiots is they almost always get caught before they do any real damage, as they invariably end up being non-educated white males the majority of the time. Dumbos many of them.

LANSING, Mich. – The federal government charged six people with conspiring to kidnap Gov. Gretchen Whitmer, according to newly unsealed court records.

Members of a militia group purchased weapons, conducted surveillance and held training and planning meetings, but they were foiled in part because the FBI infiltrated the group with informants, according to a criminal complaint.

The FBI became aware early in 2020, through social media, that a militia group was "discussing the violent overthrow of certain government and law enforcement components" and "agreed to take violent action," according to a sworn affidavit.

Plausible Deniability

Coffee is for closers
Reaction score
More than likely Dem voters in Michigan who think she's a complete effin' moron like everyone else

JimmyJamesMD

Reaction score

More Traitors masquerading as patriots - rot in prison if convicted. The great thing about these idiots is they almost always get caught before they do any real damage, as they invariably end up being non-educated white males the majority of the time. Dumbos many of them.

LANSING, Mich. – The federal government charged six people with conspiring to kidnap Gov. Gretchen Whitmer, according to newly unsealed court records.

Members of a militia group purchased weapons, conducted surveillance and held training and planning meetings, but they were foiled in part because the FBI infiltrated the group with informants, according to a criminal complaint.

The FBI became aware early in 2020, through social media, that a militia group was "discussing the violent overthrow of certain government and law enforcement components" and "agreed to take violent action," according to a sworn affidavit.

Wouldnt surprise me if FBI started this and convinced some knuckleheads to join.

Thats the only way they "stopped" terrorism in the US since 9/11.

Livingat45north

Reaction score

Umm, news note to the FBI, this has been happening in Portland now, and elsewhere (e.g., last night in Wisconsin), for the past three months...

Gopher_In_NYC

Reaction score
Wouldnt surprise me if FBI started this and convinced some knuckleheads to join.

Wow, how patriotic you are sir, denigrating a law enforcement agency, protecting another US citizen - elected to the highest office in her state.

I would have hoped that a man of letters and healing, such as yourself, would condemn that type of behavior regardless of someone's political affiliation.

My apologies for expecting too much from you.

Mea Culpa.

JimmyJamesMD

Reaction score
Wow, how patriotic you are sir, denigrating a law enforcement agency, protecting another US citizen - elected to the highest office in her state.

I would have hoped that a man of letters and healing, such as yourself, would condemn that type of behavior regardless of someone's political affiliation.

My apologies for expecting too much from you.

Mea Culpa.
I hear the same thing from my wife all the time

Wally

Reaction score

They have taken part in some very questionable entrapment schemes, I agree. But if your dumb enough to get talked into violent action, then I have little sympathy. If these guys are all impressionable teenagers I might have more sympathy and argue for minimal sentences.

I have a bigger problem with entrapment in money making schemes like selling drugs or guns.

Livingat45north

Reaction score
Yep, looks like it's a bunch of libs that we're planning to do this. More details to come out soon I'm sure. If this follows that once again it's libs, the MSM will drop the story immediately.

howeda7

Reaction score
Riiiiggggghhhhtttttttttttttt.

These militias are usually left wingers, amiright?
We know that at least one of them loved QAnon and Kyle Rittenhouse. That screams "leftist" to me....

Angry

Reaction score
I’ll go with leftist logic and say “she had it coming.“

TruthSeeker

Reaction score
Can't they just be anarchists?

Also, why are these groups always filled with white men?

Bad Gopher

A Loner, A Rebel
Reaction score
These people were planning on doing this...and some still think there won't be interference and possible violence at polling places on election day? Get real.

Minnesota

Reaction score
Over the summer, Croft and Fox gathered in Dublin, Ohio, to discuss their schemes with 13 others, talking about “creating a society that followed the U.S. Bill of Rights and where they could be self-sufficient,” investigators said. During that meeting, the group bounced around several different ways to achieve their goals—some peaceful, others violent, according to the affidavit.

Sounds pretty right-wing to me.

Spoofin

Reaction score
The absolute delusion shown in this thread is amazing.

RememberMurray

Reaction score
So, let's see... we have heavily-armed militia-types plotting an armed, violent rebellion against an elected state government, nipped in the bud by law enforcement.

Meanwhile, on another thread here — in what is perhaps an alternate universe — we're being told that it is BLM that is soon to be terrorizing "a suburb near you".

My dog just heard a very shrill whistle...

CutDownTheNet

Reaction score
So, let's see... we have heavily-armed militia-types plotting an armed, violent rebellion against an elected state government, nipped in the bud by law enforcement.

Meanwhile, on another thread here — in what is perhaps an alternate universe — we're being told that it is BLM that is soon to be terrorizing "a suburb near you".

My dog just heard a very shrill whistle...
> we're being told that it is BLM that is soon to be terrorizing "a suburb near you".

Well maybe not near you just yet. They're busy terrorizing suburbs in Portland right now. Fortunately, you got the Rocky Mountains to slow down their eastward progress, so they might not make it to your neighborhood til Christmas.

CutDownTheNet

Reaction score
I looked at the mug shots of these idiots, and they all just look like idiotic blockheads. Not sure, but all of them except two had beards - and in fact they look more like Kentucky moonshiners than Michiganders. They just look like low-IQ people of no particular political persuasion. Only the couple non-beard ones were in their 20s it looks, the rest mostly in their 30s and one or more in 40s.

They are pretty much against government, period. I don't think they have any political alignment since they are opposed to government, so they don't really want to vote for anybody. They are apparently also against police, since some of them tried to scout out addresses of police to make a list of police homes to attack. These are some seriously crazy and delusional people, so we should thank our lucky stars that they caught these guys before they acted.

Apparently, they used encrypted messages on a Facebook group to communicate. Not sure how the Feds dealt with that, but I suspect the FBI used our national supercomputers to decrypt their messages via brute force search.

They had a meeting in a basement, that was hidden under a trap door under a rug. They said that the organizers collected any cell phones before the meeting, but an undercover (presumably FBI) informant was wearing a wire and taped the whole thing.

I watched the whole video, led by the Michigan DA, who introduced all the leaders of the key players involved in busting this up. This included two Federal District Attorneys (East and West regions of MI), the FBI, Michigan State Police, etc. They were trying to get dynamite to make bombs and their plan involved blowing up a bomb under a freeway overpass to distract police, while they went to abduct Gretchen from her vacation home. They allegedly scouted out both the vacation home and a nearby freeway overpass. Others from the same group either plotted or did try to storm the State House.

Apparently, at least some of these people were pissed at Trump too, but they were most pissed at Whitmer for her over-done Corona lockdowns. They were a relatively unknown group, flying under the radar. We can partially thank the neighbors (apparently) of one remote property that they used for training purposes - firing off a lot of rounds that the neighbors heard and were concerned and called authorities. They came from a bunch of small towns in Michigan, and one from Ohio, I guess.

By the way, in an unrelated prior event, there were some other militia members (not sure if the same group, but probably not as the internet notes that there are multiple militia groups in MI) that must be either antifa supporters and/or BLM supporters, who came out armed with AR-15s to "protect" the BLM/antifa counter-protesters who attacked the Proud Boys in their Michigan march a couple months ago. The police had a press conference in which the police admitted to a TV journalist that the counter-protesters were the ones that started the violence by attacking the Proud Boys. They showed new film taken from above by police cameras (from police on the rooftop, I guess) that clearly showed that it was the BLM+antifa people that attacked with punches and sorties into the Proud Boys, and the Proud Boys defended themselves with bear spray and a few return punches. The police also admitted that they messed up by arresting a journalist who was filming and live-streaming the event. Right after that brief skirmish, a huge crowd of BLM+antifa counter-protesters rioted near the police headquarters, complaining that the police "had not protected their city" from Proud Boys. A more accurate statement would have been that the police had not protected the city from BLM+antifa, and that the Proud Boys marched peacefully until they were attacked. It is unknown whether the BLM+antifa present were local or from out of town. The police admitted that they were not as well prepared as maybe they should have been, since they expected about 30 counter-protesters from the local church that sponsored a prayer vigil to "pray for the souls of the Proud Boys" when in fact, probably 300 counter-protesters showed up (including the militia guards with AR-15s, who thankfully did not get involved).

Last edited:

howeda7

Reaction score
These idiots were at the armed "We need a haircut" storming of the state capital and are tied to Boogaloo.

Top Bottom