Fauci FOIA release

jamiche

Reaction score
Our donalds’ Donald had more access to intelligence info than anyone in the world. Why would he hire someone who was responsible for releasing a terrible bioweapon to be his top medical expert in the effort to combat this bioweapon?
Just asking for a friend.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
https://www.factcheck.org/2021/06/scicheck-viral-posts-pundits-distort-fauci-emails/

Viral Posts, Pundits Distort Fauci Emails

Thousands of pages of redacted emails to and from Dr. Anthony Fauci are now publicly available, thanks to journalists’ Freedom of Information Act requests. Some of those messages have been distorted in viral posts, particularly about face masks, the origins of the coronavirus and the effectiveness of hydroxychloroquine.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
bga1, CRG, et al's false claims about how Fauci's emails "prove" masks never worked, are completely and totally debunked, here:

While he wasn’t wrong — masks are most effective in slowing the spread of the virus because they help to contain the respiratory droplets from infected individuals, as we’ve writtenthe guidance about the use of masks changed. On April 3, the CDC reversed its earlier position and announced that it would recommend that people wear face coverings in public, citing new studies on the transmission of the virus that causes COVID-19.

“We now know from recent studies that a significant portion of individuals with coronavirus lack symptoms (‘asymptomatic’) and that even those who eventually develop symptoms (‘pre-symptomatic’) can transmit the virus to others before showing symptoms,” the CDC said in its announcement. “In light of this new evidence, CDC recommends wearing cloth face coverings in public settings where other social distancing measures are difficult to maintain (e.g., grocery stores and pharmacies) especially in areas of significant community-based transmission.”

This change in guidance from the CDC illustrates, too, how the understanding of science evolves and can change the recommendations.

Similarly, Fauci’s second sentence in the email — about the size of the virus — isn’t wrong, but the understanding of the efficacy of face masks in that regard changed.

Some social media posts have highlighted that section, in particular.

“Early on in the pandemic, prevention messaging was coming primarily from infectious disease experts who have little to no training in aerosol science,” Alex Huffman, an aerosol scientist at the University of Denver, told us in an email. “As the pandemic discussion has become more multidisciplinary, scientists and medical professionals of all descriptions have learned from one another, and realized that the narrow, disciplinary perspectives they may have started with were often insufficient to properly address the airborne nature of this particular disease.”

That includes aerosol scientists, who were able to add their expertise to the broader public health debate.

So, as Huffman explained to us, it’s true that the virus might be 0.1 or 0.2 microns and a paper or cloth mask wouldn’t filter something that small. But “viruses don’t fly out of your mouth by themselves. They are encased in droplets,” he said. Those droplets come from the lungs, nose or mouth and include proteins, salts and some viruses.

“It doesn’t matter how big the virus is, it matters how big the droplet is,” Huffman said.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Huh. Exactly what I said. How about that.

Masks reduce the risk by some amount more than zero, even cloth and paper masks, because they can and do catch larger particles/droplets.

Duh.

Section2

Reaction score
You would have to assume then, that the intelligence community wanted China to release a bio weapon, and hide it from the President. We are getting pretty deep into conspiracy stuff at this point.
Not my point. The intel community was at odds with Trump and far from at his command. They were working against him. I don’t think it’s a conspiracy.
I wouldn’t be surprised if some in the intel community would have no problem with a flu that meant the end of Trump. At all costs. But I don’t believe that would be possible outside of a handful of people conspiring.

RememberMurray

Reaction score
Hillary's emails. Vince Foster. Benghazi. Antifa. Obama's birth certificate. Pizza parlor pedophiles. Jewish space lasers. George Soros.

And now...

FAUCI!!!!!!

howeda7

Reaction score
Hillary's emails. Vince Foster. Benghazi. Antifa. Obama's birth certificate. Pizza parlor pedophiles. Jewish space lasers. George Soros.

And now...

FAUCI!!!!!!
No respect for Dr. Suess or Ze Potato Head.

RememberMurray

Reaction score
I heard he recently drowned in a pool of his own flop sweat, after having a nightmare about Hillary.

I haven't been following his 'career', but I assume he's parlayed his lame BENGHAZI grandstanding into a lucrative career at FOX, or some such.

RememberMurray

Reaction score
No respect for Dr. Suess or Ze Potato Head.

Ahhhh, yes. Dr. Suesse and Ze Potato Head...

Talk about a couple of wild swings-and-misses by the Seditionist Right. Nobody, but nobody, bought in to that lame bullshit. Not even the red hat morons.

howeda7

Reaction score
I haven't been following his 'career', but I assume he's parlayed his lame grandstanding into a lucrative career at FOX, or some such.
Apparently he indeed hosts a show on Fox News. Shocking. I can't believe KGF hasn't sung his praises yet.

RememberMurray

Reaction score
Apparently he indeed hosts a show on Fox News. Shocking. I can't believe KGF hasn't sung his praises yet.

Well, he's desperately needed there, to balance out the greatest bogeyman of all:

The Liberal Mainstream Media.

Spoofin

Reaction score
4 posts in a row of snarky Howie responses to the same poster so wacko he is on ignore. Nothing beats a good old fashioned echo chamber. 🤦‍♂️

RememberMurray

Reaction score
4 posts in a row of snarky Howie responses to the same poster so wacko he is on ignore. Nothing beats a good old fashioned echo chamber. 🤦‍♂️

Spoof can't resist. He's gotta do his thing.

By the way, it looks like Spoof is monitoring your posts pretty closely, Howeda. I think somebody has a crush on you!

golf

Reaction score
One of the main takeaways of all this is how evil is China. Million uighurs in reeducation camp, clamping down on hong kong, stealing intellectual property to grow their economy, starting the coronavirus in a lab and then covering up its origins. Now we see that china is putting pressure on taiwan such that some experts are speculating an invasion might come sooner than later. The ccp is culpable but i am guessing the majority of the chinese population is supporting xi in these matters.

This is going to really annoy some gh posters. But china vurus, china virus, china virus, china virus, china virus, china virus, china virus, china virus, china virus, china virus, china virus, china virus, china virus, china virus.

There, i feel better. Millions of people killed because of their stupid virus and they are accusing other countries of causing it, accusing other countries of being racist, and working with WHO to cover up its origins. At some point, the world better wake up about the depths of evil displayed by the xi regime.

Last edited:

Spoofin

Reaction score
One of the main takeaways of all this is how evil is China. Million uighurs in reeducation camp, clamping down on hong kong, stealing intellectual property, starting the coronavirus in a lab and then covering up its origins. Now we see that china is putting pressure on taiwan such that some experts are speculating an invasion might come sooner than later. The ccp is culpable but i am guessing the majority of the chinese population is supporting xi in these matters.

This is going to really annoy some gh posters. But china vurus, china virus, china virus, china virus, china virus, china virus, china virus, china virus, china virus, china virus, china virus, china virus, china virus, china virus.

There, i feel better. Millions of people killed because of their virus and they are accusing other countries of causing it, accusing other countries of being racist, and working with WHO to cover up its origins. At some point, the world better wake up about the depths of evil displayed by the xi regime.
Throughout history, many viruses have been named after their origin (Ebola, MERS, etc.). This was never racist until Trump did it.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
There, i feel better.
It makes you feel better to spew hatred towards hundreds of millions of everyday Chinese people, both living there as well as citizens of this country and others, who have nothing to do with the awful CCP regime?

That makes you a bad person, in my opinion. Sorry. Not sorry.

Minnesota

Reaction score
One of the main takeaways of all this is how evil is China. Million uighurs in reeducation camp, clamping down on hong kong, stealing intellectual property to grow their economy, starting the coronavirus in a lab and then covering up its origins. Now we see that china is putting pressure on taiwan such that some experts are speculating an invasion might come sooner than later. The ccp is culpable but i am guessing the majority of the chinese population is supporting xi in these matters.

There, i feel better. Millions of people killed because of their stupid virus and they are accusing other countries of causing it, accusing other countries of being racist, and working with WHO to cover up its origins. At some point, the world better wake up about the depths of evil displayed by the xi regime.

The neocon propaganda is definitely working.

golf

Reaction score
Throughout history, many viruses have been named after their origin (Ebola, MERS, etc.). This was never racist until Trump did it.

Certainly another example of the harmfulness of our media. America does have influence over china because of the trade we do with them. However our media provided cover for china in an effort to get trump. Therefore any effort to hold china accountable was and is mitigated. China knew this and took advantage of it. The damage our media has done in this regard is potentially incalculable.

Last edited:

golf

Reaction score
It makes you feel better to spew hatred towards hundreds of millions of everyday Chinese people, both living there as well as citizens of this country and others, who have nothing to do with the awful CCP regime?

That makes you a bad person, in my opinion. Sorry. Not sorry.

Bad golfer maybe. Bad person no.

I will condemn use of china virus if you condemn fauci/media/dem defense of china regarding origin of china virus.

golf

Reaction score

German measles, Spanish flu, Legionairres disease, West Nile virus, ebola. And none of these came from a lab.

GopherJake

Reaction score
German measles, Spanish flu, Legionairres disease, West Nile virus, ebola.
I agree with the point of this. Are you aware of whether or not the names were used pejoratively? That's the issue here, of course.

golf

Reaction score
I agree with the point of this. Are you aware of whether or not the names were used pejoratively? That's the issue here, of course.

There was no reason to use those other names pejoratively

Top Bottom