Fast Forwarding

Costa Rican Gopher

Mind of a Scientist
Reaction score
I like and admire your optimism, and I fervently hope it is warranted. But I'm scratching my head over the two bolded parts.

— How is the media "spinning" the situation (specific examples)? What do you feel their purpose is in doing so?

— Which (specific) scenarios do you feel were "doomsday" ones? How off-base were those specific scenarios? We'll hit 100,000 deaths in the U.S. pretty soon, possibly by the end of next week.
40k. I think we'll find out that the current numbers were purposely inflated in blue states for monetary & political reasons. Of those 40k, most were in nursing homes that Dem Governors intentionally sent sick Covid patients into, killing the elderly. The risk to everyone else, incredibly remote.

stocker08

Reaction score
40k. I think we'll find out that the current numbers were purposely inflated in blue states for monetary & political reasons. Of those 40k, most were in nursing homes that Dem Governors intentionally sent sick Covid patients into, killing the elderly. The risk to everyone else, incredibly remote.
40k? You mean 140k?

Blue states and their leaders are making themselves look worse by inflating the number of deaths in their states. HAHAHAHA! PIZZAGATE!

On the flipside....it's pretty likely that red states have been fudging their numbers to keep them artificially low. Florida is a pretty blatant example.

short ornery norwegian

Reaction score
My bottom line for the future. What is happening now will be the status quo - with some adjustments - until there is either an effective treatment, or a proven vaccine.

My biggest concern is that states start to "open up," people get used to relaxed standards, and then we get hit with a second wave in the late Fall or early Winter. that will result in restrictions being put back on, and the national mood will go into the tank.

Hey, maybe all the scientists are wrong. maybe this is all over with by the Fall. But I suspect that is unlikely. Really smart people who study this stuff for a living seem to think that we will see new waves or spikes in infections.

Like it or not, we will be living with Covid until there is a proven, reliable treatment or a proven, reliable vaccine.

Bad Gopher

A Loner, A Rebel
Reaction score
What's the likelihood of healthy children getting seriously ill or dying? 0.000000001?
The problem is them transmitting it and taking it home to their families and their teachers' households. Kids can't distance. They can't keep their hands off each other. It's unrealistic to think they can.

RememberMurray

Reaction score
Thanks for yet another idiotic, paranoid conspiracy fable.

bottlebass

Main Member
Reaction score
Holy sh!t....

This has got to be a bit.

Costa Rican Gopher

Mind of a Scientist
Reaction score
The problem is them transmitting it and taking it home to their families and their teachers' households. Kids can't distance. They can't keep their hands off each other. It's unrealistic to think they can.
How is that any different than them bringing home the flu?

I guess I'm confused. The goal is to achieve herd immunity. How can we do that if people aren't exposed to the virus?

Last edited:

Costa Rican Gopher

Mind of a Scientist
Reaction score
Holy sh!t....

This has got to be a bit.
Why, because I don't believe what CNN tells me?

We have doctors and local politicians across the country telling us that the numbers are being artificially inflated. You just choose not to listen to what they have to say.

How many seniors have the blue state governors killed so far by sending sick Covid patients into the nursing homes? 10k+ is a safe guess, & they're still doing it.

bottlebass

Main Member
Reaction score
Why, because I don't believe what CNN tells me?

We have doctors and local politicians across the country telling us that the numbers are being artificially inflated. You just choose not to listen to what they have to say.

How many seniors have the blue state governors killed so far by sending sick Covid patients into the nursing homes? 10k+ is a safe guess, & they're still doing it.
No, because either its a bit and you are trolling or you are clinically insane.

Look at the madness you are stating. You can't really believe that. It's a bit.

Goldteam

Banned
Reaction score
No, because either its a bit and you are trolling or you are clinically insane.

Look at the madness you are stating. You can't really believe that. It's a bit.
Many doctors have said they are being pressured to pad the stats for corona deaths? Is this true or false?

Costa Rican Gopher

Mind of a Scientist
Reaction score
Supervisor Jim Desmond says San Diego has only had ‘six pure’ coronavirus deaths

“We’ve unfortunately had six pure, solely coronavirus deaths — six out of 3.3 million people,” Desmond said on the show. “I mean, what number are we trying to get to with those odds? I mean, it’s incredible. We want to be safe, and we can do it, but unfortunately, it’s more about control than getting the economy going again and keeping people safe.”

Costa Rican Gopher

Mind of a Scientist
Reaction score
It's madness that someone who has chronic heart disease & dies from it is counted as a Covid casualty, regardless of whether or not Covid was what caused the death. That's happening all over the country, and it's happening with all sorts of pre-existing conditions. The truth is the left has an agenda to inflate the numbers as much as possible to create fear in the people. The fact that virtually every pneumonia death is now counted a Covid also distorts the truth. We also have all sorts of problems with the accuracy of the tests. The original batch of tests were showing an 85% false positive rate, which is why they were withheld & that triggered the left because they wanted inflated results. We've probably all read the article by now about the African leader who was skeptical about the tests, so he had a goat & a piece of fruit tested, and they both came back positive. Last week there was an article about a woman who tested positive at work and was sent home. She went to the hospital and got retested, but was negative. There are all sorts of valid reason to question the numbers. Politics mostly, but also financial interests & ineptitude.

Veritas

Banned
Reaction score
The markets are tanking!! Says S2

It's too bad people really feel the need to lie, to try to win an argument on the internet.
That is certainly not "tanking". How can 24,000 + be "tanking" when it was 19,000 a month ago? Who is lying?

GoodasGold

Reaction score
That is certainly not "tanking". How can 24,000 + be "tanking" when it was 19,000 a month ago? Who is lying?
The markets are not now tanking. The will, however, re-tank in the not too distant future.

Veritas

Banned
Reaction score
Which states would you describe as "near the finish line"?

What does the word "finish" mean, in your context here? That the virus has run its course, and the danger has passed?
Still having the nearly irresistible urge to hide under your bed?

Costa Rican Gopher

Mind of a Scientist
Reaction score
Lewis County: take COVID-19 test results seriously despite apparent false positives

"LOWVILLE, N.Y. (WWNY) - While there appear to have been false positive COVID-19 tests in Lewis County, officials there are telling people it’s still important to trust the testing system.

Recently, 4 of Lewis County General Hospital's nursing home employees tested positive and then negative multiple times for COVID-19.

Another health system employee also initially tested positive, then later negative for the virus.

But despite these apparent false positives, Lewis County Manager Ryan Piche says the community still needs to believe in testing."

BarnBurner

Reaction score
T
Many doctors have said they are being pressured to pad the stats for corona deaths? Is this true or false?
True.
The first death in our county was assigned to covid. The person that died had stage 4 cancer.

Costa Rican Gopher

Mind of a Scientist
Reaction score
That's buffoon talk.
You can't debate it, because you're wrong. The risk is not even worth thinking about, if you're not in a nursing home, or already on death's door step.

The goal is still herd immunity, is it not? I'm starting to think far-lefties like you don;t want herd immunity, and instead want to stay locked down indefinitely. It feels like you're trying to change the rules of the game....again. Am I wrong?

Bad Gopher

A Loner, A Rebel
Reaction score
You can't debate it, because you're wrong. The risk is not even worth thinking about, if you're not in a nursing home, or already on death's door step.

The goal is still herd immunity, is it not? I'm starting to think far-lefties like you don;t want herd immunity, and instead want to stay locked down indefinitely. It feels like you're trying to change the rules of the game....again. Am I wrong?
You'd have a huge, sudden, unmanageable spike.

Costa Rican Gopher

Mind of a Scientist
Reaction score
You'd have a huge, sudden, unmanageable spike.
So herd immunity is not the goal anymore? Do you understand this is why no one believes you guys? You constantly move the goal posts. On everything. This is why I always try to pin you weasels & get you to commit to what your goal is. Because you can not achieve a goal, if it's not clearly defined. Also, who says there would be an unmanageable spike? I think we'd be fine.

Top Bottom