Fan attendance

IrishGoph55

Reaction score
I'm from California, was wondering what you guys know about attendance.
Do you guys think there will be any fans allowed at all?
Trying to keep my annual Gopher trip tradition going (went to the great Penn state game last season)

GopherWeatherGuy

Reaction score
B1G says no fans for all schools, family members may be accommodated though.

GopherJack

Reaction score
I'm from California, was wondering what you guys know about attendance.
Do you guys think there will be any fans allowed at all?
Trying to keep my annual Gopher trip tradition going (went to the great Penn state game last season)
I was at that game too. Cherish the memories of being there live!

Yah-E

Bulieve
Reaction score
Contacted box office today, they confirmed no fans for now and if anything changes...we’ll be notified.

A_Slab_of_Bacon

Reaction score
Outside special cases like family.

I expect from 0 to 0 fans...

Ogee Oglethorpe

Over Macho Grande?
Reaction score
B1G says no fans for all schools, family members may be accommodated though.
All family members or just ones that are COVID exempt/immune? Makes sense, I guess?

I would highly doubt that none of the B1G schools has a fans at any point this season, but I could be wrong. Pretty doubtful though

Goldmember

Reaction score
By the time the first games are being played, there will probably be a few thousand fans allowed. Offering a limited number of tickets to donors would help limit the enormous revenue shortfall.

MaroonShaft

Reaction score
Highly highly doubt we’ll see a few thousand fans in a month. It’s just not gonna happen folks.

Goldmember

Reaction score
Highly highly doubt we’ll see a few thousand fans in a month. It’s just not gonna happen folks.
No reason not to.
It’s free money to an organization that’s going to have like 100 MM budget shortfall.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
They're not even letting the volleyball and soccer teams return to playing some matches this fall, for fear that it could somehow screw things up with football.

If they're that afraid of covid mucking it up, zero chance for fans this fall.

Some guy

Reaction score
It’s an outdoor stadium with a capacity of 50,000. There is pretty much ZERO risk admitting +\- 5,000. So, sorry it’s not Covid. Guess again.
Here is the reason not to.

because if you allow any general ticket sales in it means that you give license for Nebraska to act like idiots and pack in extras

Pete smith

Reaction score
If you are watching the Okl/KState you are seeing 15,000 fans. Come on B1G open your eyes. Can’t expect Warren to notice, he is down watching Porter.

HoustonTXGopher

Reaction score
Let's wait and see if there is any cord reported from all the games taking place today and upcoming weeks. IMHO the BIG would be crazy not to sell 25% of seating capacity for all games if there is no Covid outbreaks in the next several weeks from these games.

WriterGoph

Reaction score
Let's wait and see if there is any cord reported from all the games taking place today and upcoming weeks. IMHO the BIG would be crazy not to sell 25% of seating capacity for all games if there is no Covid outbreaks in the next several weeks from these games.
The teams playing are having enough of their own outbreak issues each week, so I highly doubt the Big Ten wants to play with fire and risk any outbreaks being sprouted from fans attending.

A_Slab_of_Bacon

Reaction score
Don't ask S. Carolina how to host fans.

They've got this weird setup where they've got these continuous columns of fans up and down each section ... then separated by some seats... then another continuous column of fans.

Do they know people breathe out of their mouths not ears?

southCarFanStacks.png

Last edited:

Block M

Reaction score
Don't ask S. Carolina how to host fans.

They've got this weird setup where they've got these continuous columns of fans up and down each section ... then separated by some seats... then another continuous column of fans.

Do they know people breathe out of their mouths not ears?

View attachment 9453
Its South Carolina, what did you expect?

Cedar Rapids Gopher

Reaction score
By the way I had it and have the anibodys so I don't wear a mask but I social distance to make people more comfortable.

stocker08

Reaction score
Link to all studies you are referring too?
If mask work why social distance.
If social distancing works why do I need a mask.
Huh? Because they are more effective working in conjunction.

Say you're trying to lose weight. Would you exercise or eat better? I'll let you figure out which combo works the best.

WriterGoph

Reaction score
Uhhhhh, what?
Virginia Tech had 23 players out tonight. Georgia Southern had 30 out the week before. Notre Dame postponed their game this week. Just a few of the many available examples.

Not paying attention or just willfully ignorant?

Pompous Elitist

Reaction score
Link to all studies you are referring too?
If mask work why social distance.
If social distancing works why do I need a mask.
I‘m saying there is no evidence of any significant transmission outdoors with sufficient spacing, masks or not. I don’t think masks are necessary outdoors particularly when spaced 3+ feet. That’s a hypothesis that I cannot “prove” other than existing contact tracing onservations.

Pompous Elitist

Reaction score
Virginia Tech had 23 players out tonight. Georgia Southern had 30 out the week before. Notre Dame postponed their game this week. Just a few of the many available examples.

Not paying attention or just willfully ignorant?
Ypu probably mean they were caught up in high risk exposure/contact tracing, or were they all COV+?

fmlizard

Reaction score
People aren't paying enough attention to the scientific value of the huge unplanned outdoor Covid experiment done this summer. Cities all over America have had massive gatherings of sporadically masked, non-socially distanced people all summer long. Some for months on end.

None of these cities are Covid hot spots, or ever have been since June 1. Places like Portland and Minneapolis are actually Covid leaders.

Being outside has a huge prophylactic effect on Covid.

Top Bottom