FakeNews

Section2

Reaction score
Whew, that was close. Alex Padilla nearly got away with besmirching the good name of <checks notes> white supremacy. Thank goodness you were here.
I'm sure you know the game the left is playing with these kinds of characterizations. Instead of a white supremaCIST doing something, blame falling on the individual, white supremaCY did something, and we can attibute all kinds of things to white supremacy, and yada yada yada the president is a terrorist.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
I heard one of the Dems say that hate crimes were on the rise. Are you telling me they’re wrong?

Also, in the pre-debate show, DNC Chair Tom Perez said the climate change is threatening “the universe”. That sounds really serious.

cncmin

Reaction score
I'm sure you know the game the left is playing with these kinds of characterizations. Instead of a white supremaCIST doing something, blame falling on the individual, white supremaCY did something, and we can attibute all kinds of things to white supremacy, and yada yada yada the president is a terrorist.
Terrible take. Of course an idea does not kill, by itself, it requires a person using that idea as a basis/reason for his/her acts. I'm curious why you have chosen to try to assume this battle, which on its surface should be apolitical. The "Left" goes overboard on charges of racism, yet there is no doubt at all that racists tended to be far more violent than non-racists. Why in the world are you supporting a white supremacist murderer in this thread?

cncmin

Reaction score
I heard one of the Dems say that hate crimes were on the rise. Are you telling me they’re wrong?

Also, in the pre-debate show, DNC Chair Tom Perez said the climate change is threatening “the universe”. That sounds really serious.
I don't know whether the tweeter is correct or not regarding her first statement. What I do know is that using data from a year when Barrack Obama was still President to try to make her point is flat out stupid. It is notable that you agreed with her terribly flawed "analysis".

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
I don't know whether the tweeter is correct or not regarding her first statement. What I do know is that using data from a year when Barrack Obama was still President to try to make her point is flat out stupid. It is notable that you agreed with her terribly flawed "analysis".
I hadn’t read the article, but why would that matter? Hate crimes are down while Dems are claiming that they’re up.

stocker08

Reaction score
Reason.com

A hack website with absolutely zero credibility. "Free minds and free markets" LOL!!!! Always playing the slanted angle. ZERO credibility. Toss this one in the dumpster.

bga1

Reaction score
Reason.com

A hack website with absolutely zero credibility. "Free minds and free markets" LOL!!!! Always playing the slanted angle. ZERO credibility. Toss this one in the dumpster.
Let's play a game. You toss one news source in the dumpster, we'll toss one. When we are all done there will be none left and we can just go back to arguing, source free.... which would be better for you really since you really have no information to offer anyway.

stocker08

Reaction score
Let's play a game. You toss one news source in the dumpster, we'll toss one. When we are all done there will be none left and we can just go back to arguing, source free.... which would be better for you really since you really have no information to offer anyway.
You've already called everything that doesn't pander to the extreme right "fake news". Deuce has done the same. His anarchist website certainly scores a zero on the credibility scale that you righties built.

Section2

Reaction score
Terrible take. Of course an idea does not kill, by itself, it requires a person using that idea as a basis/reason for his/her acts. I'm curious why you have chosen to try to assume this battle, which on its surface should be apolitical. The "Left" goes overboard on charges of racism, yet there is no doubt at all that racists tended to be far more violent than non-racists. Why in the world are you supporting a white supremacist murderer in this thread?
I’m not. I’m doing the opposite.

I can’t logically follow this line of reasoning: “I think white people are superior, therefore I’m going to murder two nonwhite children and an adult and then commit suicide”.
I’m fine characterizing this murderer as a white supremacist. I’m uncomfortable with blaming the murder on white supremacy because I can easily see the tactics of the left.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Section2

Reaction score
Do yourself a favor and put stocker on ignore. He’s not even enjoyable to humiliate. Terrible takes, unearned arrogance, completely ignorant. You don’t have to like Reason but they are not partisan. They are harder on republicans generally.

stocker08

Reaction score
Do yourself a favor and put stocker on ignore. He’s not even enjoyable to humiliate. Terrible takes, unearned arrogance, completely ignorant. You don’t have to like Reason but they are not partisan. They are harder on republicans generally.

I made deuce tear up too many times so he blocked me. I ripped him to shreds a couple times recently and hasn't recovered. Terrible takes says the guy who wanted slavery and discrimination to continue unimpeded. Private roads, lol! Arrogance and ignorance? Look no further than every thread deuce posts in. He's a scholar on every topic....except when basic logic gets in the way and poor deuce has to play the fool, claim that everyone didn't understand him, and then claim victory.

No bigger loser on the OTB than deuce.

And yeah....reason is a zero credibility dumpster of a website. No reason at all to listen to that trash. Just one of deuce's anarchist sources.

justthefacts

Reaction score

Yes, they were down from other years in the past, but up over the several previous years.

https://www.npr.org/2017/11/13/563737883/hate-crimes-up-in-2016-fbi-statistics-show

That cites numbers from 2016. They went up again in 2017.

https://fox5sandiego.com/2018/11/13/hate-crimes-increased-by-17-in-2017-fbi-report-finds/

If I were trying to claim that the level of hate crime in 2017 had nothing to do with recent political events, I'm not sure I'd cite a drop from 2001 to 2016 while ignoring the trend from 2015 - 2017.

As for all the liberals here attacking S2's post because it was from reason: be better than that. You didn't even have to click the link to see what was wrong with that post. But then clicking the link made it even more egregious.

Last edited:

Ogee Oglethorpe

Over Macho Grande?
Reaction score
Hold the phone, stop the presses... Are you trying to tell us that in an era where what is defined as "hate" or "hate crime" is literally growing by the week, that is leading to a corresponding increase in what are called "hate crimes"?

I just can't believe that!

Section2

Reaction score
I made deuce tear up too many times so he blocked me. I ripped him to shreds a couple times recently and hasn't recovered. Terrible takes says the guy who wanted slavery and discrimination to continue unimpeded. Private roads, lol! Arrogance and ignorance? Look no further than every thread deuce posts in. He's a scholar on every topic....except when basic logic gets in the way and poor deuce has to play the fool, claim that everyone didn't understand him, and then claim victory.

No bigger loser on the OTB than deuce.

And yeah....reason is a zero credibility dumpster of a website. No reason at all to listen to that trash. Just one of deuce's anarchist sources.
I didn't block you, I put you on ignore. I've definitely lost arguments on here, but I have never come close to losing an argument to you, let alone get shredded. All conversations end the same way: with you abandoning the argument and resorting to petty insults and cliches. Sorry that upsets you.

I'm a scholar on one topic, economics. Just so happens that this topic touches all others. I'd happily defer to you on accounting, not my specialty and I don't find it interesting at all.

bga1

Reaction score
I didn't block you, I put you on ignore. I've definitely lost arguments on here, but I have never come close to losing an argument to you, let alone get shredded. All conversations end the same way: with you abandoning the argument and resorting to petty insults and cliches. Sorry that upsets you.

I'm a scholar on one topic, economics. Just so happens that this topic touches all others. I'd happily defer to you on accounting, not my specialty and I don't find it interesting at all.
Doesn't a poster first have to make an actual point to win a debate? I can't recall stocker making a point in recent years. Maybe he thinks that he should be given a "universal basic credit" for debating. Even if he never wins, he would get some occasional credit for winning? If you have stocker on ignore you are receiving the same amount of information as when he was being viewed.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score

Stroker will be taking a 6 month vacation from the OTB in 3 months. Then we won’t have to ignore him.

howeda7

Reaction score
Reason.com

Lol. Sounds legit! Is that 2's personal site?

Section2

Reaction score
Lol. Sounds legit! Is that 2's personal site?
Have you seriously never heard of Reason? Talk about living in a bubble and echo chamber.

Nick Gillespie? One of the better writers and interviewers in the country.

I get it. You are 100% Democrat establishment, so you aren’t looking for anyone with opinions outside the safe and acceptable MsM approved ones.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
A sign of the times:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/01/tech/robot-racism-scn-trnd/index.html?utm_content=2019-08-01T13:15:04&utm_source=twCNN&utm_term=link&utm_medium=social

Robot racism? Yes, says a study showing humans' biases extend to robots

..."The bias against black robots is a result of bias against African-Americans," lead researcher Christoph Bartneck explained to The Next Web. He told CNN, "It is amazing to see how people who had no prior interaction with robots show racial bias towards them."
The researchers think this is an issue that needs to be addressed. "If robots are supposed to function as teachers, friends, or carers, for instance, then it will be a serious problem if all of these roles are only ever occupied by robots that are racialized as White," according to the study...

stocker08

Reaction score

Yeah....you blocked me. Couldn't handle the embarrassment. Plus your memory is fading fast. Abandoning the argument is what you call it when you can't back up your stupid claims....and then resort to diverting the conversation as far away from the original topic as possible to try and save face....and nobody plays along with your silly charade so you claim some sort of odd fake victory? Interesting. It fits with your twisted views of many things.

And LOL at the economics scholar!!!! You just self-owned yourself in that Gillette thread. Too much deuce....too much.

stocker08

Reaction score
Doesn't a poster first have to make an actual point to win a debate? I can't recall stocker making a point in recent years. Maybe he thinks that he should be given a "universal basic credit" for debating. Even if he never wins, he would get some occasional credit for winning? If you have stocker on ignore you are receiving the same amount of information as when he was being viewed.
Maybe I should just spend half my waking hours spreading misinformation like you, booj.

Section2

Reaction score

This is incredible. Tries to get this black pastor to throw Trump under the bus, when he won't, they change the chyron around the 3 minute mark and Don Lemon goes on the attack.

GopherJake

Reaction score
All conversations end the same way: with you abandoning the argument and resorting to petty insults and cliches.
Outlasting your opponent in a debate is not a win, when you refuse to concede your L. You've taken several Ls that you would never admit to. At a certain point, the only thing to do is drop it. You aren't backing down, even in the face of you being quite obviously wrong.

Section2

Reaction score
Outlasting your opponent in a debate is not a win, when you refuse to concede your L. You've taken several Ls that you would never admit to. At a certain point, the only thing to do is drop it. You aren't backing down, even in the face of you being quite obviously wrong.
Stocker has been taken to the woodshed dozens of times and resorts to cliches and insults. It's not outlasting him.

Several Ls none of which you can mention. probably because they are matters of opinion for the most part.

GopherJake

Reaction score
Stocker has been taken to the woodshed dozens of times and resorts to cliches and insults. It's not outlasting him.

Several Ls none of which you can mention. probably because they are matters of opinion for the most part.
Statutory rape and private roads lead the list. You won't admit it, and will never stop posting in response. That doesn't mean they aren't Ls.

Section2

Reaction score
Statutory rape and private roads lead the list. You won't admit it, and will never stop posting in response. That doesn't mean they aren't Ls.
private roads isn't an L. That's an idiotic statement. and L in what sense? How dumb. I thought you'd come up with something better than that. Statutory rape? Good god man. Those are you two big examples!! LOL.

GopherJake

Reaction score
private roads isn't an L. That's an idiotic statement. and L in what sense? How dumb. I thought you'd come up with something better than that. Statutory rape? Good god man. Those are you two big examples!! LOL.
You're wrong. You took two big Ls there. Also, I bet you respond to this post saying I'm wrong and you're right and then 700 million more, if I keep posting in response. Point made.

justthefacts

Reaction score
The news media is very, very, very, very untrustworthy. So untrustworthy, in fact, that the Trump administration takes their advice on deciding who to appoint to Cabinet-level positions.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Ok, I understand now. Lefties can’t tell when he’s joking. They think he’s always serious.

Top Bottom