F.B.I. says there is no evidence antifa participated in storming the Capitol.

RememberMurray

Reaction score
The Federal Bureau of Investigation said on Friday that there was no evidence that supporters of the antifa movement — a loose collective of antifascist activists — had participated in the pro-Trump mob that breached the Capitol building on Wednesday.

Steven D’Antuono, an assistant director at the agency, said in a call with reporters that there was “no indication” of the group’s involvement among the rioters who stormed the Capitol.

RememberMurray

Reaction score
If there's anyone on this planet more loathsome than Trump, it might be Cruz.

Gopherlife

Reaction score
The Federal Bureau of Investigation said on Friday that there was no evidence that supporters of the antifa movement — a loose collective of antifascist activists — had participated in the pro-Trump mob that breached the Capitol building on Wednesday.

Steven D’Antuono, an assistant director at the agency, said in a call with reporters that there was “no indication” of the group’s involvement among the rioters who stormed the Capitol.

Is that because Antifa is just an idea?

Gopherlife

Reaction score
Quick question: are you PRO facsism?

Because, to me, being anti facsist seems like a reasonable philosophy.
Sure, it does, but peoples' actions also help to define them, in addition to their stated ideology.

Gopherlife

Reaction score
Antifa is short for antifascism. Any other questions?
It seems like you're suggesting that Antifa is just an idea, and not a group, which seems strange. When I search on the internet for "Antifa website", it brings up multiple groups of people with websites, and there even appears to be an "official" website that provides Facebook links to "chapters" in many different cities. The author of the article above might be confused, because the author mentioned that the "group's involvement" did not exist in this case. And, apparently, the assistant director at the FBI responded to a question about whether "a loose collective of antifascist activists" was involved. Are we talking about two different things?

WhoFellDownTheGopherHole?

Reaction score
It seems like you're suggesting that Antifa is just an idea, and not a group, which seems strange. When I search on the internet for "Antifa website", it brings up multiple groups of people with websites, and there even appears to be an "official" website that provides Facebook links to "chapters" in many different cities. The author of the article above might be confused, because the author mentioned that the "group's involvement" did not exist in this case. And, apparently, the assistant director at the FBI responded to a question about whether "a loose collective of antifascist activists" was involved. Are we talking about two different things?
That's not what comes up when I Google it. Links please.

Minnesota

Reaction score
Antifascism is an ideology. What you’re describing are antifascists, which, if you can parse despite your right wing media brain poisoning, is not a centrally organized group. Nice try.

Top Bottom