Evidence of Structural Racism

CutDownTheNet

Reaction score
CutDown is a guy who has some brains for sure, thinks he's got it all figured out, but he's not so good with the math and other important details.
Actually, I'm a Math major, and I still read advanced Math books occasionally. I'll beat you in Math any day of the week.

And what does Math have to do with me posting a silly meaningless post about eating junk food at McDonalds? I'm sure every Gopher grad has eaten a burger or two at the East Bank McDonalds. I know it's a who-cares topic, but somebody brought it up and I innocuously responded.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Actually, I'm a Math major, and I still read advanced Math books occasionally. I'll beat you in Math any day of the week.

And what does Math have to do with me posting a silly meaningless post about eating junk food at McDonalds? I'm sure every Gopher grad has eaten a burger or two at the East Bank McDonalds. I know it's a who-cares topic, but somebody brought it up and I innocuously responded.
Don’t argue with Jake. He’s the smartest guy in the room. 😋.

BTW, is bottlebass on vacation again? He drops off the map faster than a skid row drunk.

GopherJake

Reaction score
Doh Kay. Hint: You make lots of math errors in your posts - and that’s only in the first paragraph or two, because, as you know, I tune out your novels.

CutDownTheNet

Reaction score
Impossible. I've been told that the Dems have been fighting on behalf of the AA's for 30-40 years. Are you trying to say they haven't accomplished a f'ng thing?

I think you might finally be on to something here
Well, the Catch-22 for the Democrats was that if the Dems had actually worked hard toward making significant improvements in black-citizens' wages, education, housing, and investment, then they would no longer be able to browbeat blacks into voting Dem under the rubric of "voting Dem is the only way to make significant improvements in black-citizens' wages, education, housing, and investment."

The Dem solution to this conundrum was to continually adopt the carrot-on-the-end-of-a-stick approach. You know, the old analogy to a donkey who is induced to go faster because the rider placed a carrot on the end of a stick hanging it out in front of the donkey. The donkey is induced by the carrot, but never makes any progress in getting closer to the carrot.

Similarly, black citizens are told to vote Dem with promises of something that never materializes. Just ask Joe "if you don't vote Dem, then you're not black" Biden.

Perhaps if black citizens get wind of the carrot-on-the-end-of-a-stick trick that the Dems have been playing for 30-40 years, and vote Trump back into office, then Trump can lead the Republicans toward continuing the black-citizen's wage progress (after first recovering from the Covid dip) and expand on that with progress in the education, housing, and investment categories. Housing is going to be a critical need, since Covid unemployment has outlandishly affected the black and poor demographics such that many will be evicted soon. That might need to be the first focus since it's hard to educate homeless kids.

Last edited:

USAF

Reaction score
Well, the Catch-22 for the Democrats was that if the Dems had actually worked hard toward making significant improvements in black-citizens' wages, education, housing, and investment, then they would no longer be able to browbeat blacks into voting Dem under the rubric of "voting Dem is the only way to make significant improvements in black-citizens' wages, education, housing, and investment."

The Dem solution to this conundrum was to continually adopt the carrot-on-the-end-of-a-stick approach. You know, the old analogy to a donkey who is induced to go faster because the rider placed a carrot on the end of a stick hanging it out in front of the donkey. The donkey is induced by the carrot, but never makes any progress in getting closer to the carrot.

Similarly, black citizens are told to vote Dem with promises of something that never materializes. Just ask Joe "if you don't vote Dem, then you're not black" Biden.

Perhaps if black citizens get wind of the carrot-on-the-end-of-a-stick trick that the Dems have been playing for 30-40 years, and vote Trump back into office, then Trump can lead the Republicans toward continuing the black-citizen's wage progress (after first recovering from the Covid dip) and expand on that with progress in the education, housing, and investment categories. Housing is going to be a critical need, since Covid unemployment has outlandishly affected the black and poor demographics such that many will be evicted soon. That might need to be the first focus since it's hard to educate homeless kids.
It's so noble of you to tell black America how they should vote.

CutDownTheNet

Reaction score
It's so noble of you to tell black America how they should vote.
You're welcome. Just returning the favor, after Biden did so. The difference is, Biden offered no viable rationale, whereas I did.

Top Bottom