Evidence of Structural Racism

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Instead of just posting Tweets, could you once in a while give us the basis of the article that justifies the Tweet? That is IF you want the post to be considered.

I don’t have access to the WaPo article, but I am suspect of “analysis” that proclaims something so definitively, especially since it comes from politically biased sources like the WaPo.

Section2

Reaction score
Instead of just posting Tweets, could you once in a while give us the basis of the article that justifies the Tweet? That is IF you want the post to be considered.

I don’t have access to the WaPo article, but I am suspect of “analysis” that proclaims something so definitively, especially since it comes from politically biased sources like the WaPo.
It's ridiculous. At the end of the Obama admin, black home ownership rates were at a 50 year low, 41%. And I would guess that the majority of those homeowners are in urban areas with higher property taxes, or better known as areas of Democrat control. So they are quite literally VOTING for higher property taxes. That this could be explained by racial bias is absurd. JTF bought it without thinking again.

justthefacts

Reaction score
It's ridiculous. At the end of the Obama admin, black home ownership rates were at a 50 year low, 41%. And I would guess that the majority of those homeowners are in urban areas with higher property taxes, or better known as areas of Democrat control. So they are quite literally VOTING for higher property taxes. That this could be explained by racial bias is absurd. JTF bought it without thinking again.

forever a gopher

Reaction score
Without a link to the paper, it’s not possible to know what variables and controls they implemented. But there are a ton of potential variables that can affect this conclusion. Are they looking at specific, individual properties? Or “predominately black” areas based on census? I.e. whites in that same area are also subjected to those same disproportionate assessments? How often are the homes on average sold? The more often a house sells, the more data points a city has to determine values and correct the assessment (to a higher amount). Are black people less likely to fight the assessment with the city than whites? When we bought our house in Mpls, our house was assessed about 20% higher than we paid. So we had to jump through hoops to get it lowered.

Is it just because blacks make up a higher percent of city dwellers than burb dwellers, so on average they pay more? I didn’t like the taxes in Mpls, and moved to the burbs and my taxes went down in relation to what the home was valued at. If you vote for dems and higher taxes, you don’t really get to complain that you’re being taxed too much.

forever a gopher

Reaction score
13% of Americans are black. 52% of US homicides are by blacks

33% of black males have a felony record

95% are not criminals? Cmon JTF- your deception is usually a little better than this.

And 15% have not only been convicted of a felony, but have served time in prison (not just jail, but prison).

28.5% have spent time in jail.

You could argue that the criminal justice system is evidence of racism, but the assertation that 95% are not criminals is blatantly false.

justthefacts

Reaction score
Without a link to the paper, it’s not possible to know what variables and controls they implemented. But there are a ton of potential variables that can affect this conclusion. Are they looking at specific, individual properties? Or “predominately black” areas based on census? I.e. whites in that same area are also subjected to those same disproportionate assessments? How often are the homes on average sold? The more often a house sells, the more data points a city has to determine values and correct the assessment (to a higher amount). Are black people less likely to fight the assessment with the city than whites? When we bought our house in Mpls, our house was assessed about 20% higher than we paid. So we had to jump through hoops to get it lowered.

Is it just because blacks make up a higher percent of city dwellers than burb dwellers, so on average they pay more? I didn’t like the taxes in Mpls, and moved to the burbs and my taxes went down in relation to what the home was valued at. If you vote for dems and higher taxes, you don’t really get to complain that you’re being taxed too much.

bga1

Reaction score
Three things are known for sure:
1. Blacks commit more crimes, by a lot, than their white counterparts. More violent crimes by a factor of 3 to 4x. That stems from the breakdown of the family and poverty
2. The Democrat party is racist. Democrat policies have been employed to keep blacks unemployed,undereducated in poverty with broken families, and in jail for 60 years and before that the Democrats were the Ku Klux Klan party and the party of slavery. The Democrat party is the party that brought us abortion as an attempt to limit the black population. The Democrats are happy with ongoing dependency for black Americans, which gives them power over them.
3. JTF is a Democrat.

Time to cancel the Dem party and JTF.

Spaulding!No!

Reaction score
all things aside, black Americans Have no taste for killing and it’s what we all need to know. All the same.

From the Parkinglot

Reaction score
This is something that should be looked at. Also decriminalization of pot. Virginia just did so and it is now a civil penalty for possession up to a certain amount. The dealers will still go to jail.
What is this obsession with legalizing pot. Have you seen California they legalized it and the underground market is better than ever. The legal stuff is way to expensive with all the various taxes imposed. Plus they made so many barriers to entry it’s impossible to get a legal pot shop open.

howeda7

Reaction score
What is this obsession with legalizing pot. Have you seen California they legalized it and the underground market is better than ever. The legal stuff is way to expensive with all the various taxes imposed. Plus they made so many barriers to entry it’s impossible to get a legal pot shop open.
Personally, I don't use it or care. But having some folks in jail for it while nothing happens to the majority of the rest is not only unfair it's a waste of resources, IMO. Colorado has not had major issues with it. I know some people who moved there at least partially for that reason.

Section2

Reaction score
which is why the "legalize it and then regulate it" crowd had it wrong. "Regulate it" is almost as big of a problem as prohibition. Legalize it and decriminalize it and get out of the way.

justthefacts

Reaction score
which is why the "legalize it and then regulate it" crowd had it wrong. "Regulate it" is almost as big of a problem as prohibition. Legalize it and decriminalize it and get out of the way.
The problem is that the regulations that are causing problems are local regulations.

golf

Reaction score

Why do you just assume injustice? Maybe black drivers deserved to be searched this often.

It would be easier for conservatives to go along with such bogus interpretations if there was a corresponding call to responsibility. There never is of course which encourages the thought that articles such as this show a power grab by liberal elites who couldnt care less about helping the black community.

Of course this whole thread is bogus. Institutional racism is not a thing.

justthefacts

Reaction score
Why do you just assume injustice? Maybe black drivers deserved to be searched this often.

It would be easier for conservatives to go along with such bogus interpretations if there was a corresponding call to responsibility. There never is of course which encourages the thought that articles such as this show a power grab by liberal elites who couldnt care less about helping the black community.

Of course this whole thread is bogus. Institutional racism is not a thing.
A) They're traffic stops resulting in searches. "Deserves" at this level strains credulity.
B) The screenshot/article addresses this. Blacks are being searched more often, and yet the searches result in arrests less often. So, the numbers say that blacks are being searched disproportionately.

I wouldn't expect you to actually read the article that I linked, because I recognize it may cause you to encounter some data that might challenge you, but it goes further:

From the Parkinglot

Reaction score
If Trump wants to use his pardon power for someone other than a corrupt cronie for once, here is a layup opportunity.
I agree a life sentence is harsh, but look at the track record of crimes. He was a serial offender, so obviously the threat of jail was not enough to detour his behavior. I do agree that at 62 he would seem to not pose a threat to society and should be released.

From the Parkinglot

Reaction score
The problem is that the regulations that are causing problems are local regulations.

Why is that a problem. Regulations are regulations whether imposed by local, state, or federal government. You’re saying if weed were legalized in Minnesota there would be no local regulations.

Top Bottom