Everything will be better in two weeks

cncmin

Reaction score

It will be very interesting and phenomenal.

He really believes that he can fool most Americans into believing there is anything behind all of this BS. Thankfully, he is able to fool less than half.

Ogee Oglethorpe

Over Macho Grande?
Reaction score
Two weeks?? Everything looks great NOW! What are you talking about?

All this election garbage going on, I got up, looked in the mirror and I'll be damned... still RICH, good-looking, successful business owner married to a rich, beautiful and sexy, successful sole-proprietor minority business owner. I mean really, what is there to be upset about?

WhoFellDownTheGopherHole?

Reaction score

All this election garbage going on, I got up, looked in the mirror and I'll be damned... still RICH, good-looking, successful business owner married to a rich, beautiful and sexy, successful sole-proprietor minority business owner. I mean really, what is there to be upset about?

Absolutely, sounds great from an egocentric view. Kudos to you bud.

Gopher_In_NYC

Reaction score

That you take none of those things when you go to your final resting place.

Wally

Reaction score

Do you call her Pocahontas?
😆

Ogee Oglethorpe

Over Macho Grande?
Reaction score
Should he feel bad about those things?
I forgot the worst part of the deal. Immediately after those good feelings, I had these bouts of emotional sadness, thinking about folks like JTF and howie and the youngsters I have on Ignore who are looking for Joe to make their lives better.

I mean seriously, imagine languishing for the last 4 years in misery and depression, looking forward to November of 2020, and your guy wins and IT'S JOE!!! Joe is here, Joe is going to deliver all those people into a politically correct wonderland and financial success and comfort, a life one can only dream of before.

It's like crossing the finish line in first place and having the guy with the starter pistol shoot you in the face. It's just not fair.

cjbfbp

Reaction score
I am not looking for that.
I am looking for a safer, more stable and stronger country and world long into the future, not at how much I will save in taxes next year.
Well said. I'm not looking for that either.

I'm going to be a little more pessimistic yet hopeful in my expectations. When conservative political satirist, PJ O'Rourke, endorsed Clinton in 2016 he wrote: "She may be wrong about everything but at least she's wrong within normal parameters."

Things may still be messed up with the split government in DC but at least they'll be messed up within normal parameters.

Wally

Reaction score
Well said. I'm not looking for that either.

I'm going to be a little more pessimistic yet hopeful in my expectations. When conservative political satirist, PJ O'Rourke, endorsed Clinton in 2016 he wrote: "She may be wrong about everything but at least she's wrong within normal parameters."

Things may still be messed up with the split government in DC but at least they'll be messed up within normal parameters.
I am still not optimistic, nothing much is going to happen, I can safely predict that. If the economy really goes to shit the deciding factor will be how the Republican Senate responds.

Section2

Reaction score
I am not looking for that.
I am looking for a safer, more stable and stronger country and world long into the future, not at how much I will save in taxes next year.
The two are related.

Minnesota

Reaction score

Posting constantly about how you’re not mad usually means you’re mad.

Section2

Reaction score
The two what?
Cutting my taxes makes the world safer?
Big government causes wars, economic and social instability, and a weaker country.
Big government requires big taxes.

Wally

Reaction score
Big government causes wars, economic and social instability, and a weaker country.
Nice, you pulled that straight out of your ass based on.....nothing.

cncmin

Reaction score
lol. no. This is simply false. For a perfect example, see China's history. Also, the U.S. was in an awful lot of wars in the 1700s and 1800s and early 1900s. This set of data alone squashes your hypothesis to tiny bits.

Section2

Reaction score
lol. no. This is simply false. For a perfect example, see China's history. Also, the U.S. was in an awful lot of wars in the 1700s and 1800s and early 1900s. This set of data alone squashes your hypothesis to tiny bits.
Please do explain your perfect example.

Bad Gopher

A Loner, A Rebel
Reaction score
I doubt if anyone who pulls off a coup in a third-world country has to convince most of the population of their BS. They only have to pull enough levers and exploit enough weaknesses in the system to tip the scales in their favor.

Regardless of how well any individual is doing in any present moment, how important is it to people that they have a functioning democracy? Because if people are going to start rejecting any election outcome they don't like just because they don't like it, then we don't have a functioning democracy anymore.

Bad Gopher

A Loner, A Rebel
Reaction score

I'm going to presume that none of your teachers or parents taught you to only care about yourself and not about the larger society or civilization. So when and where did you become like this? Or am I wrong, and your mama didn't teach you right?

Section2

Reaction score
Ok, I see. Its because our government is to big. I sort of agree, need to cut military spending at least in half. If you buy it your gonna use it.
How on earth did you originally interpret my post?

Section2

Reaction score
I doubt if anyone who pulls off a coup in a third-world country has to convince most of the population of their BS. They only have to pull enough levers and exploit enough weaknesses in the system to tip the scales in their favor.

Regardless of how well any individual is doing in any present moment, how important is it to people that they have a functioning democracy? Because if people are going to start rejecting any election outcome they don't like just because they don't like it, then we don't have a functioning democracy anymore.
The problem is that you have been asleep for 4 years and just woke up.

Top Bottom