Even the French are Sick of American Wokeness

John Galt

Reaction score
When the French start criticizing us over liberal policies, the end has truly arrived.

French leaders concerned American 'wokeness' will divide their country | The Post Millennial

French leaders concerned American 'wokeness' will divide their country
The French are warning that progressive American ideas are contaminating their society. French President Emmanuel Macron identified the threat as "Certain social science theories entirely imported from the United States."

According to The New York Times, officials, intellectuals, and journalists cited progressive ideas on gender, race and post-colonialism as undermining their way of life.

Some French officials blame the ‘wokeness’ of American campuses and cancel culture, which appear to now be becoming major issues in the country. Macron’s education minister warned, “There’s a battle to wage against an intellectual matrix from American universities.’’

Nathalie Heinich, a French sociologist told The Times, "It was a series of incidents that was extremely traumatic to our community and that all fell under what is called cancel culture," said.

France has its own version of the #MeToo movement which has even been confronting older feminists. Mass protests, following the death of George Floyd, broke out in France against the police. According to NBC News, Floyd’s death reignited tensions over the death of Adama Traoré, a Black man who died in police custody four years ago.

According to The Times, a group of 100 prominent scholars wrote a letter criticizing theories “transferred from North American campuses” in Le Monde.

Wally

Reaction score
They hate ##### more than Americans do.

Funny I just listened to a podcast and he was tslking about traveling to europe and he said the racism was very blatant.

John Galt

Reaction score

Funny I just listened to a podcast and he was tslking about traveling to europe and he said the racism was very blatant.
I’ve been in France 5-6 times, most recently for a week in 2019. And I have no idea what you’re talking about.

Section2

Reaction score

Well, if some guy on a podcast said it, you know it’s true. Especially a comedy podcast or morning show.

justthefacts

Reaction score
When the French start criticizing us over liberal policies, the end has truly arrived.

French leaders concerned American 'wokeness' will divide their country | The Post Millennial

French leaders concerned American 'wokeness' will divide their country
The French are warning that progressive American ideas are contaminating their society. French President Emmanuel Macron identified the threat as "Certain social science theories entirely imported from the United States."

According to The New York Times, officials, intellectuals, and journalists cited progressive ideas on gender, race and post-colonialism as undermining their way of life.

Some French officials blame the ‘wokeness’ of American campuses and cancel culture, which appear to now be becoming major issues in the country. Macron’s education minister warned, “There’s a battle to wage against an intellectual matrix from American universities.’’

Nathalie Heinich, a French sociologist told The Times, "It was a series of incidents that was extremely traumatic to our community and that all fell under what is called cancel culture," said.

France has its own version of the #MeToo movement which has even been confronting older feminists. Mass protests, following the death of George Floyd, broke out in France against the police. According to NBC News, Floyd’s death reignited tensions over the death of Adama Traoré, a Black man who died in police custody four years ago.

According to The Times, a group of 100 prominent scholars wrote a letter criticizing theories “transferred from North American campuses” in Le Monde.
Are the French the barometer by which you judge the validity of ideas?

John Galt

Reaction score
Are the French the barometer by which you judge the validity of ideas?
No. But I was told for 4 years how important it was how we are viewed by Europe. Is that no longer relevant? Or only relevant for the issues you care about?

LesBolstad

Reaction score
No. But I was told for 4 years how important it was how we are viewed by Europe. Is that no longer relevant? Or only relevant for the issues you care about?
Haha, justdishonesty boxed!

cncmin

Reaction score

justthefacts

Reaction score
No one ever told you that we should care what Europeans thought about cultural issues

WhoFellDownTheGopherHole?

Reaction score
I suspect the French are far more concerned about the dangerously anti-Western/anti-Democratic Trump cult part of America than the excessively "woke" American liberals.

Even the Brits, who elected a guy a lot like Trump (but much smarter and far less of an asshat), favor Biden over Trump by over a 3-to-1 margin.

After unpopularity of Trump in Western Europe, new poll suggests broad approval of Biden - The Washington Post
View attachment 11676
Oh weird, someone bringing sense to this conversation.

Wally

Reaction score
Yea we should throw out all of our long standing allies because......just because....thats basically what dumb f did.

GoodasGold

Reaction score
I don’t think the country is ready for women to hold high elective office.

John Galt

Reaction score
I suspect the French are far more concerned about the dangerously anti-Western/anti-Democratic Trump cult part of America than the excessively "woke" American liberals.

Even the Brits, who elected a guy a lot like Trump (but much smarter and far less of an asshat), favor Biden over Trump by over a 3-to-1 margin.

After unpopularity of Trump in Western Europe, new poll suggests broad approval of Biden - The Washington Post
View attachment 11676
So you're concerned about what the French think when it lines up with your political beliefs, but it's irrelevant for other cultural issues.

You couldn't have proven my point any better. Bravo.

cncmin

Reaction score
So you're concerned about what the French think when it lines up with your political beliefs, but it's irrelevant for other cultural issues.

You couldn't have proven my point any better. Bravo.
You actually had a point? You sounded like a nutter yelling at those dang kids to get off your lawn, and presented with evidence that proves that the French at large really don't agree with you, you pull a S2 pretzel and attack a strawman. Bravo!

Top Bottom