Ethics experts call for Senate investigation into Lindsey Graham's attempt to interfere with the election

Go4Broke

Reaction score
I guess it's going to be up to me to start another thread on unethical (if not criminal) behavior by right wing politicians.

So far America has strong evidence of only two people who have tried to interfere with the election. Their names are Donald Trump and Lindsey Graham.

We all know if similar calls had been made by a Democrat the GOP would have already scheduled the Senate hearings.

Ethics experts call for Senate investigation into Lindsey Graham's attempt to interfere with the election

In a letter, Walter Shaub, a former top ethics watchdog for the federal government, Richard Painter, the chief ethics lawyer for President George W. Bush's administration, and Claire Finkelstein, the director of the University of Pennsylvania's Center for Ethics and the Rule of Law, asked the panel to look into Graham's call last week with Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger, and whether Graham "suggested" that Raffensperger "disenfranchise Georgia voters by not counting votes lawfully cast for the office of president."

They also asked the panel to investigate whether Graham "threatened anyone with a Senate investigation of the Georgia vote tally."

In the letter, the three ethics experts and Trump critics wrote that if the allegations are true, Graham's conduct is "an abuse of office" and "unbecoming of a senator," and claimed that the Ethics committee led by Oklahoma Republican Sen. James Lankford and Delaware Democratic Sen. Chris Coons should "seek an appropriate sanction or any other appropriate remedy."

"For the Chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee to suggest to a state Secretary of State that he refrain from counting lawful votes threatens the electoral process and damages representative democracy," they wrote.

Raffensperger said on CNN's "The Situation Room" on Monday that Graham had hinted that he should try to discard some ballots in Georgia. "It was just an implication of, 'Look hard and see how many ballots you could throw out,'" said Raffensperger.

Georgia election implementation manager Gabriel Sterling, who works for Raffensperger, said on Tuesday that he had participated in the call with Graham on Friday. Sterling said he had heard the senator ask if state officials could throw out all of the absentee ballots where a "percentage" of signatures did not "truly" match.

https://www.forums.gopherhole.com/boards/forums/off-topic-board-politics-and-current-events.6/

Last edited:

howeda7

Reaction score
Lady G needs to resign in shame. They can appoint Nikki Haley to replace him.

Bad Gopher

A Loner, A Rebel
Reaction score
In a country that abides by the rule of law, there would be some jurisdiction that investigates this and prosecutes it if necessary.

One of the disheartening things of the past few years is the realization that some dude on the street is subject to field execution for a suspected non-violent misdemeanor offense while a powerful, connected person can commit an apparent felony out in the open and do so because they know that nobody will dare hold them accountable.

Last edited:

BarnBurner

Reaction score
In a country that abides by the rule of law, there would be some jurisdiction that investigates this and prosecutes it if necessary.

One of the disheartening things of the past few years is the realization that some dude on the street is subject to field execution for a suspected non-violent misdemeanor offense while a powerful, connected person can commit an apparent felony out in the open and do so because they know that nobody will dare hold them accountable.
😂😂😂😂😂😂

cncmin

Reaction score
I'm telling you, it sure seems that Graham has a ton of skeletons locked up in Trump's closet and is afraid of what is going to happen when they are found. He is a desperate man acting desperately.

Bad Gopher

A Loner, A Rebel
Reaction score
I'm telling you, it sure seems that Graham has a ton of skeletons locked up in Trump's closet and is afraid of what is going to happen when they are found. He is a desperate man acting desperately.
I've seen quotes by people who used to work for him that they can't figure what's happened to the guy. It literally all seemed to change that one time he went golfing with Trump. Since that round, he's been an uncompromising, shameless henchman for him. I wonder what was talked about over that round.

cncmin

Reaction score
I've seen quotes by people who used to work for him that they can't figure what's happened to the guy. It literally all seemed to change that one time he went golfing with Trump. Since that round, he's been an uncompromising, shameless henchman for him. I wonder what was talked about over that round.
The data point very strongly to blackmail.

Bad Gopher

A Loner, A Rebel
Reaction score
The data point very strongly to blackmail.
Look around and tell me we don't live in a mafia state. Even private citizens are starting to adopt mafia tactics (threatening and planning to kidnap and murder state governors.) What happens when a political leader disappears like Jimmy Hoffa did?

cncmin

Reaction score
Look around and tell me we don't live in a mafia state. Even private citizens are starting to adopt mafia tactics (threatening and planning to kidnap and murder state governors.) What happens when a political leader disappears like Jimmy Hoffa did?
If RW media and the Republican Party itself doesn't stop this, our country is going to tumble hard.

Let's say, by chance, that Trump would succeed in overturning the election somehow. And lord knows how desperately he's trying. How many states secede? The entire West Coast? New England? Does the military step in, protect the Constitution and control the situation? Which side do they support? Putin couldn't have dreamed a better scenario than what he got out of his puppet. This country is tearing itself into pieces, as about 40% of the country is suckered by one of the biggest and most transparent frauds the world has ever known. This is scary stuff, and completely unnecessary. The Republican Party isn't just standing by watching us fall, they are directly assisting in that fall.

Bad Gopher

A Loner, A Rebel
Reaction score
If RW media and the Republican Party itself doesn't stop this, our country is going to tumble hard.

Let's say, by chance, that Trump would succeed in overturning the election somehow. And lord knows how desperately he's trying. How many states secede? The entire West Coast? New England? Does the military step in, protect the Constitution and control the situation? Which side do they support? Putin couldn't have dreamed a better scenario than what he got out of his puppet. This country is tearing itself into pieces, as about 40% of the country is suckered by one of the biggest and most transparent frauds the world has ever known. This is scary stuff, and completely unnecessary. The Republican Party isn't just standing by watching us fall, they are directly assisting in that fall.
The Russians never stopped trying to beat us, and you have to hand it to them for their tenacity. It was probably naive to think that "the long twilight struggle," as Kennedy described it, would end for good when the Iron Curtain came down.

Gopher_In_NYC

Reaction score

F IT, i'm leaving. I'll go marry a fat Canadian

Top Bottom