ESPN: Washington State's Nick Rolovich says he's unvaccinated, will do Pac-12 media day remotely

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per ESPN:

Washington State head coach Nick Rolovich announced Wednesday afternoon that he has chosen not to receive a COVID-19 vaccine, and that he would be remotely joining Pac-12 media day on July 27.

"As the Pac-12 Conference has required that all in-person participants at next week's Pac-12 Football Media Day be fully vaccinated, I will participate remotely and look forward to talking about our football team and the incredible young men in our program," Rolovich said in a statement.

He continued: "I have elected not to receive a COVID-19 vaccine for reasons which will remain private. While I have made my own decision, I respect that every individual -- including our coaches, staff and student-athletes -- can make his or her own decision regarding the COVID-19 vaccine. I will not comment further on my decision."

Go Gophers!!

SixBySix

Reaction score
Seems like asking for a mess if he gets it and has to coach remotely for two games. Easily avoidable risk.

#2Gopher

Reaction score
I would think you would explain why he wouldn't get vaccinated. Right now he isn't doing his team, family, others he comes in contact with on sidelines any favors. Doesn't make a lot of sense.

fmlizard

Reaction score
He continued: "I have elected not to receive a COVID-19 vaccine for reasons which will remain private. While I have made my own decision, I respect that every individual -- including our coaches, staff and student-athletes -- can make his or her own decision regarding the COVID-19 vaccine. I will not comment further on my decision."
His private reasons are that he's a huge QAnon and MAGA stan who cares more about his personal politics than his players, team, or community.

He also kicked a bunch of guys off the WSU team for following the #weareunited movement last fall. I'm sure he will have great success recruiting players to Pullman, Washington.

WriterGoph

Reaction score
His private reasons are that he's a huge QAnon and MAGA stan who cares more about his personal politics than his players, team, or community.

He also kicked a bunch of guys off the WSU team for following the #weareunited movement last fall. I'm sure he will have great success recruiting players to Pullman, Washington.

I knew it had to be, but thanks for digging up that link.

MGGopher

Reaction score
It's only a matter of time before this thread melts down, but I did want to say I'm surprised that so many high profile athletes (and now a coach) are refusing to get vaccinated. One must have VERY ardent objections or fear to pass up what's essentially a guarantee against COVID. Just look at the PGA players and Olympians who have had years of work dissolve in an instant upon a positive test. Jon Rahm alone lost over $1 million because of his positive test earlier this summer. If a head FB coach has to miss a game or two, it's the same type of sorry situation. To each their own, but I can't access the level of fear these folks are carrying about this.

Gophers1992

Reaction score
It's only a matter of time before this thread melts down, but I did want to say I'm surprised that so many high profile athletes (and now a coach) are refusing to get vaccinated. One must have VERY ardent objections or fear to pass up what's essentially a guarantee against COVID. Just look at the PGA players and Olympians who have had years of work dissolve in an instant upon a positive test. Jon Rahm alone lost over $1 million because of his positive test earlier this summer. If a head FB coach has to miss a game or two, it's the same type of sorry situation. To each their own, but I can't access the level of fear these folks are carrying about this.
The same people who criticized everyone for "living in fear" are afraid of a tiny needle in their arm. Beautiful irony.

GopherPete

Reaction score
The same people who criticized everyone for "living in fear" are afraid of a tiny needle in their arm. Beautiful irony.
Some people in this thread are mistakenly labeling the choice to not vaccinate as one stemming from fear. It could be, that those making the choice to not get the vaccine have simply decided that there is not a need to subject their body to a medical experiment in order to potentially decrease their risk of contracting an illness which has a 99% survival rate among healthy individuals.

WriterGoph

Reaction score
This article seems to be a good read for Rolovich and others: https://www.al.com/news/2021/07/im-...eating-unvaccinated-dying-covid-patients.html

"I’m admitting young healthy people to the hospital with very serious COVID infections,” wrote Cobia, a hospitalist at Grandview Medical Center in Birmingham, in an emotional Facebook post Sunday. “One of the last things they do before they’re intubated is beg me for the vaccine. I hold their hand and tell them that I’m sorry, but it’s too late.”

Gophers1992

Reaction score
Some people in this thread are mistakenly labeling the choice to not vaccinate as one stemming from fear. It could be, that those making the choice to not get the vaccine have simply decided that there is not a need to subject their body to a medical experiment in order to potentially decrease their risk of contracting an illness which has a 99% survival rate among healthy individuals.
You just described fear when you called it a "medical experiment". It's ok to admit to being afraid.

WriterGoph

Reaction score
I'm sure the school administrators are all "Like I fucking needed this.".

I wouldn't expect an extension anytime...

What I'm curious to see is if Washington State is going to allow Rolovich to use an exemption for political beliefs.

PeoplesFront

Reaction score
"I’m admitting young healthy people to the hospital with very serious COVID infections,” wrote Cobia, a hospitalist at Grandview Medical Center in Birmingham, in an emotional Facebook post Sunday. “One of the last things they do before they’re intubated is beg me for the vaccine. I hold their hand and tell them that I’m sorry, but it’s too late.”
Sounds plausible.

33bc1aa0-9de7-4fda-9dfa-dc2d6b6c0804_text.gif

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Have not taken anything produced from pharma for almost 10 years. Don't get sick either.
Not a thing when you get older. Sorry.

Unless you're good with dying at 65, in agonizing pain, just to spite the world. Godspeed

GopherPete

Reaction score
Says who? I find it interesting that everyone equates aging with gaining weight, illness, being unhealthy, vulnerable to disease, etc. It is possible that we actually have a say on our own health and that we are all not actually doomed to get old fat and sick. Of course, this would mean that we have to make decisions and actually take actions that put our immune systems in a situation where they are able to operate and thrive as they are supposed to. Most people just make the choice not to do so and they reap the consequences.

Gophers1992

Reaction score
Says who? I find it interesting that everyone equates aging with gaining weight, illness, being unhealthy, vulnerable to disease, etc. It is possible that we actually have a say on our own health and that we are all not actually doomed to get old fat and sick. Of course, this would mean that we have to make decisions and actually take actions that put our immune systems in a situation where they are able to operate and thrive as they are supposed to. Most people just make the choice not to do so and they reap the consequences.
Sure, there's also a reason that people used to regularly die before age 35. Modern medicine is ok, don't worry it won't hurt you. Don't live in fear.

GopherPete

Reaction score
haha, there is no fear buddy. I know how to keep my body healthy and my immune system strong, and it includes avoiding pharma.

I mean come on, you can't seriously believe an industry which makes astronomical amounts of profits is actually in business to lose customers, do you?

GopherPete

Reaction score
Anyway, I've been down this road dozens of times and I'm sure the only thing we might agree on is that we disagree and aren't likely to change anyone's mind on the topic. I'm done posting in this thread.

WriterGoph

Reaction score
Have not taken anything produced from pharma for almost 10 years. Don't get sick either.

Has there been a pandemic like COVID in America the past 10 years?

Were you vaccinated when you were a child? Did you get a polio vaccine?

JimmyJamesMD

Reaction score
per ESPN:

Washington State head coach Nick Rolovich announced Wednesday afternoon that he has chosen not to receive a COVID-19 vaccine, and that he would be remotely joining Pac-12 media day on July 27.

"As the Pac-12 Conference has required that all in-person participants at next week's Pac-12 Football Media Day be fully vaccinated, I will participate remotely and look forward to talking about our football team and the incredible young men in our program," Rolovich said in a statement.

Go Gophers!!
Atta guy Nick Rolovich. I am proud of you. I will be cheering hard for your team this year

JimmyJamesMD

Reaction score
haha, there is no fear buddy. I know how to keep my body healthy and my immune system strong, and it includes avoiding pharma.

I mean come on, you can't seriously believe an industry which makes astronomical amounts of profits is actually in business to lose customers, do you?
atta guy!

Dont forget all of the times the major drug companies have gotten in trouble

Top Bottom