End Racism on Gopherhole: Yes or No?

End racism on Gopherhole?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Bob_Loblaw

Reaction score
We've seen your views on the OTB. Disgruntled Trump worshipper. I take it back....you're not qualified for a GED.
I'm actually not qualified for a GED but I still have never voted for Trump.

MaroonShaft

Reaction score
Tim it is not a bit. I started cussing to get the mods because this place allows racism to limit the size and richness of the community.
And it’s like. Wait. What the fuck are we doing here
You gotta love this guy. Normally it is tempting to make argument by hyperbole, but MaroonShaft can't be spoofed. He is the real thing. I am starting to like this guy.
youll learn to or you’ll find a new board. I’m here. I’m queer. But I’m also concerned about the racism that keeps ppl from contributing here. It should obviously be addressed. And it’s obvious how white this place is. I don’t think it represents the demographics of student ticket holders. Not even close

Last edited:

WoodburyTim

Reaction score
We've seen your views on the OTB. Disgruntled Trump worshipper. I take it back....you're not qualified for a GED.
What if everyone who doesn't agree with your politics isn't a far right Trump supporter? Trump was extremely unpopular, but yet many voted for him simply because your far leftist ideology is really limiting and off putting. You seem to believe that everyone that doesn't agree with you are these hateful backwoods racists, but the statistics don't really seem to support that. Perhaps your views are just as angry and narrow minded as the people you seem to hate?

Bob_Loblaw

Reaction score

youll learn to or you’ll find a new board. I’m here. I’m queer. But I’m also concerned about the racism that keeps ppl from contributing here. It should obviously be addressed. And it’s obvious how white this place is. I don’t think it represents the demographics of student body or student ticket holders.
Dude. You're letting me down. You gotta hide the bit.

WoodburyTim

Reaction score

youll learn to or you’ll find a new board. I’m here. I’m queer. But I’m also concerned about the racism that keeps ppl from contributing here. It should obviously be addressed. And it’s obvious how white this place is. I don’t think it represents the demographics of student body or student ticket holders.
Perhaps I'll get in line and throw on my jack boots and march how you want me to march, but there is a much better chance, I'll just observe your posts with amusement.

MaroonShaft

Reaction score
What if everyone who doesn't agree with your politics isn't a far right Trump supporter? Trump was extremely unpopular, but yet many voted for him simply because your far leftist ideology is really limiting and off putting. You seem to believe that everyone that doesn't agree with you are these hateful backwoods racists, but the statistics don't really seem to support that. Perhaps your views are just as angry and narrow minded as the people you seem to hate?
Never said they were. I hate liberals too, Tim.
And listen buddy you were the one who immediately went to intelligence arguments when I’m hammering this out on a tiny phone like not fully engaging with guys like you or bob or whoever. You guys are all the same to me. I know I don’t have to read your posts. Sometimes I do, but if I’m in a rush I’d skip you to read that mpls person or a few others. Not you. I’ve read enough from you.

MaroonShaft

Reaction score
T
his is just such a stale line of argument my dude. I can barely bring myself to engage with this I’m sorry. You gotta figure some shit out on your own.

MaroonShaft

Reaction score
T

his is just such a stale line of argument my dude. I can barely bring myself to engage with this I’m sorry. You gotta figure some shit out on your own.
And I hate liberals even more some days so fuck off
He is one of my favorite posters.
abd you’re a poster I had never even thought about because I saw that you were aboutafter reading literally one or two posts. Now I don’t read you sorry.

MaroonShaft

Reaction score
Welp my phone and the webpage are breaking so more on this tomorrow.

mid you see Nadine tell her gopher hole basically belongs to me now

WoodburyTim

Reaction score
Never said they were. I hate liberals too, Tim.
And listen buddy you were the one who immediately went to intelligence arguments when I’m hammering this out on a tiny phone like not fully engaging with guys like you or bob or whoever. You guys are all the same to me. I know I don’t have to read your posts. Sometimes I do, but if I’m in a rush I’d skip you to read that mpls person or a few others. Not you. I’ve read enough from you.
When the quoted portion is from another poster, in this case stocker, that is who the reply is intended for.

stocker08

Reaction score
I love how Traflagar added votes into his polling numbers to make up for the "shy" Trump voters. The ones that plan to vote for him but don't want to admit it. Those people are all over the OTB.

It's not well hidden. You can tell when they ardently defend Trump and on the other hand bash everything left. I only think I've seen you post there a few times....but Bob isn't tricking anyone.

MaroonShaft

Reaction score
We can chat about this more manana if the race scientists haven’t been banned or suspended.

MaroonShaft

Reaction score
Tim, i think you’re starting to come around. More work on you tomorrow.

Bob_Loblaw

Reaction score
Welp my phone and the webpage are breaking so more on this tomorrow.

mid you see Nadine tell her gopher hole basically belongs to me now
I think she is currently interviewing a basketball manager for his opinion on Courtney Love's political views. When that wraps, I'll let her know.

WorkingMyTailOff

Reaction score
without looking at the other thread I asked my son while we watched the game tonight if the Gopher's jerseys would trigger the folks that think racism is over and there is an equal playing field for all and he said yes. Sadly it sounds like that is the case. C'mon people it shouldn't be hard for everyone to agree that Black Lives Matter and support these young student athletes of color who have had to endure racism their entire life. Proud of the team for making the statement they did.

Bob_Loblaw

Reaction score
without looking at the other thread I asked my son while we watched the game tonight if the Gopher's jerseys would trigger the folks that think racism is over and there is an equal playing field for all and he said yes. Sadly it sounds like that is the case. C'mon people it shouldn't be hard for everyone to agree that Black Lives Matter and support these young student athletes of color who have had to endure racism their entire life. Proud of the team for making the statement they did.
It took a lot of courage.

WorkingMyTailOff

Reaction score
Hey P J all you are doing is just advertising the problems of Minneapolis. Just what we need for our recruits to see.
Instead of trying to cover up the inequality we have here, why don't we bring it out in the open so we can address it?

WoodburyTim

Reaction score
I love how Traflagar added votes into his polling numbers to make up for the "shy" Trump voters. The ones that plan to vote for him but don't want to admit it. Those people are all over the OTB.

It's not well hidden. You can tell when they ardently defend Trump and on the other hand bash everything left. I only think I've seen you post there a few times....but Bob isn't tricking anyone.
Well that sort of makes my point. People that didn't vote for Trump or did but aren't his ardent supporters can still find fault in what you believe. You seem to think that it is either one or the other. I can tell you that it is not.

Or look at this way. Are all non-Trump voters the same? You and MaroonShaft, intellectual and moral bedfellows?

Halsey Hall

Reaction score
I all for the message but would prefer it be under the numbers so we can see their names (I know the gold jerseys don't have names but i want names, since the announcers rarely identify the players).

WorkingMyTailOff

Reaction score
What happened at 38th and Chicago was f'ing terrible. We have to find a way to make something good out it. Like everything else, the president used these events to divide the country.
Maybe another thread is warranted where we talk about how we close the education and income inequality gaps that exist in the Twin Cities. It's one of the worst in the country. I like the idea of universal pre-k to help get kids from low income families in the entire state learning earlier. This would create some good jobs as well and allow their parents to work without expensive day care for part of the day.

stocker08

Reaction score
I'll stop you there. You lost him.......
The OTB has a rift between the left and the right. Very few moderates, if any, post there. Anyone can search your UN in the OTB....and see that you are strictly aligned with the furthest right posters there (booj, KFC, deuce). Same with Bob.

In this presidential election....1.7% of voters went with someone other than Biden or Trump. Funny that half of the right wing posters on the OTB aren't Trump voters. Oh wait.....no it isn't. You aren't tricky. You're sad and ashamed. But maybe shame is sign of better possibilities for you.

Pompous Elitist

Reaction score
Wow...just clicked on this out of curiosity and made it through first page.

Alcohol, or ?

stocker08

Reaction score
Well that sort of makes my point. People that didn't vote for Trump or did but aren't his ardent supporters can still find fault in what you believe. You seem to think that it is either one or the other. I can tell you that it is not.

Or look at this way. Are all non-Trump voters the same? You and MaroonShaft, intellectual and moral bedfellows?
Okay. I agree with that. But you can't act like you weren't doing the exact same. I laid out my position. Plenty of issues in this country. Nothing wrong with their message tonight.

WoodburyTim

Reaction score
Okay. I agree with that. But you can't act like you weren't doing the exact same. I laid out my position. Plenty of issues in this country. Nothing wrong with their message tonight.
Fair enough. I agree.

MinneStoa

Reaction score
The simple act of throwing "End Racism" on the nameplates of their jerseys directly led to--at the time of this post--120 comments in this thread, not to mention however many comments in however many other threads in however many other forums around the internet.

We can quibble about how effective it is, or how political it is, or whatever other nits you want to pick. But the fact is that it gets people talking. And it certainly draws some outsized responses from the "I'm not racist, but..." crowd. If even one person sees a comment in a forum like this and thinks "man, there's still a lot of racism under the hood of all this", then the act has served its purpose. It's nearly zero effort with nearly zero downside.

Bob_Loblaw

Reaction score
The simple act of throwing "End Racism" on the nameplates of their jerseys directly led to--at the time of this post--120 comments in this thread, not to mention however many comments in however many other threads in however many other forums around the internet.

We can quibble about how effective it is, or how political it is, or whatever other nits you want to pick. But the fact is that it gets people talking. And it certainly draws some outsized responses from the "I'm not racist, but..." crowd. If even one person sees a comment in a forum like this and thinks "man, there's still a lot of racism under the hood of all this", then the act has served its purpose. It's nearly zero effort with nearly zero downside.
You should paint it on your house and car.

You really think someone is going to read this thread and the racism in the thread is the thing that'll stand out?

Last edited:
Top Bottom