Election is pretty much over - Dems still as angry as ever

justthefacts

Reaction score
Is this in response to the 55% white female votes for Trump? Does it matter? We all thought Biden would win by a much bigger landslide than he did (including me). 2016 obviously caught us all by surprise. So whether Trump got 55% of white women voters or 52% or 45%, it doesn't really matter. It's still much higher than any of us thought it would be, and we need to understand why.
1) In response to that and subsequent posts about various demos
2) I think 45% vs 55% is a very big deal. A Dem who gets 55% of all white women nationally is going to win almost every time.
3) My main point is that making sweeping declarations about the makeup of each party's constituency at this point is unwise.

Nokomis

Nothing To Say
Reaction score
1) In response to that and subsequent posts about various demos
2) I think 45% vs 55% is a very big deal. A Dem who gets 55% of all white women nationally is going to win almost every time.
3) My main point is that making sweeping declarations about the makeup of each party's constituency at this point is unwise.
I'm not talking one election though. If ~half of white women in this country feel Trump is their best option for President, then the Dems have a serious problem and will be unable to affect real change until they figure out why.

Gold Vision

Reaction score
I'm not talking one election though. If ~half of white women in this country feel Trump is their best option for President, then the Dems have a serious problem and will be unable to affect real change until they figure out why.
The split with the white women’s vote largely correlates to age and a education. My guess is that gap will continue to close as the baby boomer votes begin to decline and younger voters are registered.

Nokomis

Nothing To Say
Reaction score
The split with the white women’s vote largely correlates to age and a education. My guess is that gap will continue to close as the baby boomer votes begin to decline and younger voters are registered.
And we're back to my original point. If we continue to label and dismiss these voters as old & dumb (or worse), Dems will continue to underperform.

GopherJake

Reaction score
And we're back to my original point. If we continue to label and dismiss these voters as old & dumb (or worse), Dems will continue to underperform.
I also think there's a rising current of young people - ones that in the past wouldn't be bothered to vote - that have their giant trucks with their giant flags and were, in fact, bothered to vote and probably will again. They're pissed off - at what, we're not sure - but they have been awakened and feel they might be interested in having a say after all.

Nokomis

Nothing To Say
Reaction score
I also think there's a rising current of young people - ones that in the past wouldn't be bothered to vote - that have their giant trucks with their giant flags and were, in fact, bothered to vote and probably will again. They're pissed off - at what, we're not sure - but they have been awakened and feel they might be interested in having a say after all.
Yep. To Ted's point above, if Dems continue to take these blocs for granted (e.g. young voters), it will be to their own demise.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Let's have real talk now.

How is it possible to have a reasonable dialogue and negotiation with, and propose something that will satisfy, any person who genuinely believed that Trump was the best option for president??

These people believed that because: a) they want lower taxes/regulation/government, nothing you propose short of those reductions will satisfy them, b) they want abortion limits/religious freedom/conservative social ideals, nothing you propose short of giving into those will satisfy them, and/or c) they're actually insane (Qanon, or other conspiracy theories).

Is it really that hard to believe that (less than) half the country are such people? Not hard for me.

Last edited:

justthefacts

Reaction score
So I understand, you want to see and hear more of Trump?
I would like him to be working on getting a stimulus deal done, yes. If he put as much work into pressuring Senate Republicans about stimulus as he has into pressuring them into toeing the line on his election lawsuits, perhaps we'd have a deal in place.

Minnesota

Reaction score
I would like him to be working on getting a stimulus deal done, yes. If he put as much work into pressuring Senate Republicans about stimulus as he has into pressuring them into toeing the line on his election lawsuits, perhaps we'd have a deal in place.
I think if he had gotten just one more stimulus check out he probably would’ve won the election. Hard to imagine him doing anything meaningful now.

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
I think if he had gotten just one more stimulus check out he probably would’ve won the election. Hard to imagine him doing anything meaningful now.
That is something to wonder about. Somehow, he had it in his head that if he could get his court nominee through, the election would be solved there. This gambit has not worked out.

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
I will ask you - in advance - for Joe's schedule. Please make sure and provide it for all of us to see.
I've never made any claims as to Joe's awesome energy. He might be taking a nap right now. The President is not laying low because he's not fit--he's doing it because he's having a fit.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
I think if his ardent supporters would've taken this pandemic more seriously, maybe things wouldn't be so bad right now.

They cost him the election, by spreading the virus.

BarnBurner

Reaction score
I've never made any claims as to Joe's awesome energy. He might be taking a nap right now. The President is not laying low because he's not fit--he's doing it because he's having a fit.
Just tell us how rigorous Joe's schedule has been for the past 8 months, then contrast that to the current Presidents schedules. You know - the current prez you mentioned above.

USAF

Reaction score
Just tell us how rigorous Joe's schedule has been for the past 8 months, then contrast that to the current Presidents schedules. You know - the current prez you mentioned above.
I see a yuge "time spent golfing" gap.

Bad Gopher

A Loner, A Rebel
Reaction score
Anyone of any party who isn't angry and indignant about attempts to overturn a valid election result: I'm checking them for a pulse.

Ogee Oglethorpe

Over Macho Grande?
Reaction score
Anyone of any party who isn't angry and indignant about attempts to overturn a valid election result: I'm checking them for a pulse.
I do believe that the only issue is that there's an effort to merely verify that it WAS a 'valid' election result. Nothing more, nothing less.

Again, I would think the folks who wanted to chase the Russia thing for years and years to find nothing would be at least a LITTLE understanding and patient. It's not like this is holding Biden up from forwarding his mail or calling the movers

GopherJake

Reaction score
I do believe that the only issue is that there's an effort to merely verify that it WAS a 'valid' election result. Nothing more, nothing less.

Again, I would think the folks who wanted to chase the Russia thing for years and years to find nothing would be at least a LITTLE understanding and patient. It's not like this is holding Biden up from forwarding his mail or calling the movers
Chase it all you want. But use tact and do it with class and let the rest of the world get on with the transition. Biden won, Trump lost, it was a fair election. And you know all these things, so please stop trolling. Stand up and be the better man you claim to be - and I'm sure you are - Oh Gee. Stop living in the swamp with VictimGA.

jamiche

Reaction score
Chase it all you want. But use tact and do it with class and let the rest of the world get on with the transition. Biden won, Trump lost, it was a fair election. And you know all these things, so please stop trolling. Stand up and be the better man you claim to be - and I'm sure you are - Oh Gee. Stop living in the swamp with VictimGA.
Ogee is a good man. We are 1,000 miles apart politically but I know that he's a good guy. What I don't understand is why he's trolling this thing so hard.

Ogee Oglethorpe

Over Macho Grande?
Reaction score
Ogee is a good man. We are 1,000 miles apart politically but I know that he's a good guy. What I don't understand is why he's trolling this thing so hard.
I'd seriously have to go back and look but I don't recall making one single comment about Trump should have won. Yes, I believe the Dems cheated; to what extent and if it would have swung the needle, who knows. I'm under no illusion that Trump will stay in office for a second term and I have no issue with the ultra-racist Joe Biden taking office as long as the GOP retains the Senate.

Split government is good for almost everyone, at least I know it will be for me. I don't have a major dog in this fight in all honesty. My concerns have always been on a local level, i.e. make as much money as I can and GTFO as soon as possible. Never been all that concerned with who's residing in the WH, who needs the aggravation?

Top Bottom