Election is pretty much over - Dems still as angry as ever

Costa Rican Gopher

Mind of a Scientist
Reaction score
Load of crap. Bush is a decent human being who we simply disagreed with. Trump is different. Trump is a pathetic low life.
Revisionist history. The left insisted Bush was "literally worse than Hitler" just as they did with Trump. They loaded 3.5 million unique photoshops of Bush as Hitler onto google. They attacked Bush's motorcade on inauguration night. There was never a time the Dems liked Bush, but just disagreed on policy. Absolute bullsh*t any everyone knows it. This, coming from a guy who was right there with you bashing Bush the whole time.

bush hitler.jpg

cjbfbp

Reaction score
Revisionist history. The left insisted Bush was "literally worse than Hitler" just as they did with Trump. They loaded 3.5 million unique photoshops of Bush as Hitler onto google. They attacked Bush's motorcade on inauguration night. There was never a time the Dems liked Bush, but just disagreed on policy. Absolute bullsh*t any everyone knows it. This, coming from a guy who was right there with you bashing Bush the whole time.

View attachment 10460
What kind of nonsense are you up to now? Beatles was speaking for himself. To refute that statement, you're showing a bunch of pictures that have nothing to do with Beatles. Try to stay on point.

cjbfbp

Reaction score
They are mad that Trump had approx 72,000,000 votes, and they want everyone to think the same way as they do.
Why would we be angry about how many votes Trump received if our side is on the path to beat him by 6 million votes or more? The majority of the American people voted like patriots and that's something to be proud about.

The fact that so many millions of people were willing to vote for Trump twice provokes disillusionment more than anger.

justthefacts

Reaction score
Why in the world are the Dems still as angry as they usually are, when it looks like they probably won? Here are a few ideas;

- They "won" and their prize they've waited 4 years for, their knight in shining armor, is JOE!

- It's pretty unlikely they are going to flip the Senate, as many of them expected

- They sustained some major losses in the House, not something they considered at all

- They're deeply disturbed that the folks on the Right haven't lost their minds nearly as much as the left has the last 4 years. Shrug and move on. Schadenfreude failed apparently

Something else? Doesn't make much sense, the dust has mostly settled from the election and there's more angst with the board lefties than ever. WTF.
If you haven't noticed, Dear Leader refuses to concede and start the transition.

Pretty simple.

Keep watching for Perdue to get to 50%, though

stocker08

Reaction score
Um, the President hasn’t conceded, there are grown adults spinning stories of massive fraud with a fairy tale path to Trump victory, and its the Democrats you are trying to dunk on?
If the dems are angry.....that makes the repubs morons. They are still claiming that Trump won and they are throwing MAGA rallies!

Maybe it's not just Trump that has dementia. It's a solid portion of the old white man party. :ROFLMAO:

Wally

Reaction score
Now they are screaming but Bush...
When will it end?
Lol

Nokomis

Nothing To Say
Reaction score
As a Dem voter, I'll take a stab. Dem voters in general see ourselves as smarter than Rep voters and get frustrated when others don't reach our level of intellect and insightfulness. We're also lazy in our efforts to understand other viewpoints, so we take the easy route and just label them as dumb, racist, or xenophobic.

For example, looks like Trump got 55% of white female voters. HOW COULD THAT BE!!?? I saw one FB post that basically said they're all Stepford wives. That's why Democrats continue to seemingly underperform in elections. Instead of just assuming they're all Stepford wives, maybe try learning what they're motivations are. Maybe she's from a working class family in a small town that lost her job. Trump speaks directly to these people. Democrats speak past them or about them.

Nokomis

Nothing To Say
Reaction score
As for Bush, yes, it's revisionist history. My wife and I have discussed (pined for) Bush throughout Trump's presidency. It's not that we now think Bush was a great President; we just didn't think at the time it could get any worse than Bush. Boy were we wrong!

Ogee Oglethorpe

Over Macho Grande?
Reaction score
As a Dem voter, I'll take a stab. Dem voters in general see ourselves as smarter than Rep voters and get frustrated when others don't reach our level of intellect and insightfulness. We're also lazy in our efforts to understand other viewpoints, so we take the easy route and just label them as dumb, racist, or xenophobic.

For example, looks like Trump got 55% of white female voters. HOW COULD THAT BE!!?? I saw one FB post that basically said they're all Stepford wives. That's why Democrats continue to seemingly underperform in elections. Instead of just assuming they're all Stepford wives, maybe try learning what they're motivations are. Maybe she's from a working class family in a small town that lost her job. Trump speaks directly to these people. Democrats speak past them or about them.
See, now this is a pretty reasonable take (hoping like hell you aren't attacked viciously by your own for speaking out on such things).

I think your characterization of the white females in a lot of ways applies to the black and hispanic vote. The gains in these areas in this election will not go ignored, and are probably a source of anger, rage, frustration from the lunatic side of the left that have always felt that those votes are OWED to the Dems (for what I have no idea).

To that end, I think the courtship of the black vote, and to some extent the hispanic vote, by both parties in the next 2-4 years is going to be really, really interesting to watch. The GOP will continue to try to expand on that part of their base, and maybe even to a greater extent than they have in the last couple years.

Do the Dems bury their head in the sand like they have in other areas of middle, blue collar America or do they do the opposite, crank that shit up to 11 and put an all-out full court press on the black vote; massive media campaigns, Hollywood and pro athlete elites being used to go after that demographic for 2022 and 2024, etc.

It's one thing I"m going to be watching. Any reasonable person would find it pretty hard to find the MASSIVE gains made under Trump (prior to COVID) by minorities in the areas of record low unemployment as well as minority small business ownership.

I've no doubt it will be entertaining, no matter what!

justthefacts

Reaction score
I'll just point out that exit polls without voter file verification are notoriously unreliable, and they figure to be even more so this year given heavy mail voting

GopherJake

Reaction score
See, now this is a pretty reasonable take (hoping like hell you aren't attacked viciously by your own for speaking out on such things).
There’s a pretty wide gap between what Nokomis said the general D view was and the extremist tripe TrollRG posted as the mainstream D view.

tikited

Me
Reaction score

It reminds me of something I saw on Bill Maher's show during the Bush/Gore election. There was a guy (leader of some gays for Bush group) on and he sat and listened to the democrat leaning panelists speak. At some point he couldn't take it any longer and said this is why you are going to lose. You talk down to the very people you need to vote your way. You call them names (hicks, etc.). People won't stand for that. I always remembered that. It came back when Joe was quoted saying, "you ain't black...". Not a good strategy when you aren't running against Trump.

bga1

Reaction score

I think your characterization of the white females in a lot of ways applies to the black and hispanic vote. The gains in these areas in this election will not go ignored, and are probably a source of anger, rage, frustration from the lunatic side of the left that have always felt that those votes are OWED to the Dems (for what I have no idea).

To that end, I think the courtship of the black vote, and to some extent the hispanic vote, by both parties in the next 2-4 years is going to be really, really interesting to watch. The GOP will continue to try to expand on that part of their base, and maybe even to a greater extent than they have in the last couple years.

Do the Dems bury their head in the sand like they have in other areas of middle, blue collar America or do they do the opposite, crank that shit up to 11 and put an all-out full court press on the black vote; massive media campaigns, Hollywood and pro athlete elites being used to go after that demographic for 2022 and 2024, etc.

It's one thing I"m going to be watching. Any reasonable person would find it pretty hard to find the MASSIVE gains made under Trump (prior to COVID) by minorities in the areas of record low unemployment as well as minority small business ownership.

Before the election had someone said, hey Trump is going to trounce Biden in Florida, he is going to nearly double his percentage of the black vote, do well with white suburban women and also with Hispanics, I'd have said Trump wins in a landslide. After the election and I find that he did all of those things....so I still think he won, with actual legal votes....in a landslide. The code didn't just break at 3 in the morning in 4 major urban areas making them different from all of the rest of America.

Reactions: SDR

Ogee Oglethorpe

Over Macho Grande?
Reaction score
Before the election had someone said, hey Trump is going to trounce Biden in Florida, he is going to nearly double his percentage of the black vote, do well with white suburban women and also with Hispanics, I'd have said Trump wins in a landslide. After the election and I find that he did all of those things....so I still think he won, with actual legal votes....in a landslide. The code didn't just break at 3 in the morning in 4 major urban areas making them different from all of the rest of America.
You can't expect to accurately count all of the votes until you know how many votes you have to count.

fan of Ray Williams

Reaction score
Are you "angry as ever"?

Wally

Reaction score
It reminds me of something I saw on Bill Maher's show during the Bush/Gore election. There was a guy (leader of some gays for Bush group) on and he sat and listened to the democrat leaning panelists speak. At some point he couldn't take it any longer and said this is why you are going to lose. You talk down to the very people you need to vote your way. You call them names (hicks, etc.). People won't stand for that. I always remembered that. It came back when Joe was quoted saying, "you ain't black...". Not a good strategy when you aren't running against Trump.
I agree. Thats why I was supporting Yang, he was someone who could draw in those people and he never talked down to anyone, he just tried to understand them, their situations and problems.

justthefacts

Reaction score
For the hundredth time, those 4 major urban areas are not different from all of the rest of America.

Ogee wants to know why Dems are still mad, here you go. The President has convinced a bunch of his cult members that this objectively disprovable nonsense is true. It's not only damaging people's faith in democracy, it's impeding the transition, which could affect our response to COVID as well as national security. It's the ultimate example of Trump's narcissism manifested in real world impact.

Two tweets here, but the whole thread is like this:

Nokomis

Nothing To Say
Reaction score
I'll just point out that exit polls without voter file verification are notoriously unreliable, and they figure to be even more so this year given heavy mail voting
Is this in response to the 55% white female votes for Trump? Does it matter? We all thought Biden would win by a much bigger landslide than he did (including me). 2016 obviously caught us all by surprise. So whether Trump got 55% of white women voters or 52% or 45%, it doesn't really matter. It's still much higher than any of us thought it would be, and we need to understand why.

Nokomis

Nothing To Say
Reaction score

I said this early in the 2020 campaign -- Dems LOVE to put voters in boxes (women vote, black vote, gay vote), and it gets them into trouble. Trump has a simple, populist message (so did Obama for that matter). Sometimes Dems are too intellectual for their own good.

Wally

Reaction score
I said this early in the 2020 campaign -- Dems LOVE to put voters in boxes (women vote, black vote, gay vote), and it gets them into trouble. Trump has a simple, populist message (so did Obama for that matter). Sometimes Dems are too intellectual for their own good.
Yes a simple dumb message wins lots of votes.

golf

Reaction score
:ROFLMAO: It’s pretty funny, sadly “Angry” is just a nickname my platoon Sargent gave me because I was quiet and nothing really ever bothered me. One of those oxymoron things, anyway it stuck.
Kind of like "rioting republican" ? :)

On the serious side, i think the thing that the dems/media really are desperate for is some sort of significant rioting from republicans. Not gonna happen.

Pre-election, how many dems do you think had cased out wal- mart in event of a trump win? Gotta know where to start.

Last edited:

saintpaulguy

Reaction score

On the serious side, i think the thing that the dems/media really are desperate for is some sort of significant rioting from republicans. Not gonna happen.
I think most will settle for a transition team.

Wally

Reaction score

Pre-election, how many dems do you think had cased out wal- mart in event of a trump win? Gotta know where to start.
Republicans stick to bombings...

Spoofin

Reaction score
Angry Rep voters are the same as angry Dem voters. If things don't go how they expect, it's always easiest to assume something nefarious.
Us Jorgensen voters don't get angry.

Top Bottom