Early warning signs emerge of GOP loses after US Capitol riots

Gopher_In_NYC

Reaction score
Early warning signs emerge for GOP after US Capitol riots (yahoo.com)

Here we go and the longer Trump continues to be an ass the worse this will continue to get IMO.

HARRISBURG, Pa. (AP) — In the 36 hours after last week’s deadly insurrection at the U.S. Capitol, 112 Republicans reached out to the election office in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, to change their party registration. Ethan Demme was one of them.
“Ever since they started denying the election result, I kind of knew it was heading this way," said Demme, who is the county's former Republican Party chairman and has opposed President Donald Trump and is now an independent. "If they kept going, I knew there’s no way I can keep going. But if you’ve been a Republican all your life, it’s hard to jump out of a big boat and into a little boat.”
Officials are seeing similar scenes unfold elsewhere.

Spoofin

Reaction score
IMO, a better candidate could have beaten Biden, Trump assured D majority in the senate with the GA elections, and now he is driving more Rs away from the GOP. As far as recent and near term elections go - Trump has been the Ds biggest asset. Pretty ironic.

Bad Gopher

A Loner, A Rebel
Reaction score
I've said it before, and I'll say it again: this is not necessarily good. I'll take a healthy and sane Republican Party any day.

The thing is, they took Reaganism--much of which was dubious to start with--and have taken it to an extreme, and then mixed in all kinds of crazy shit. And once you're sufficiently committed to the original principles, it's hard to get off a moving train. That's how a lot of people have held tight to the party as it's gone wacko.

howeda7

Reaction score
I've said it before, and I'll say it again: this is not necessarily good. I'll take a healthy and sane Republican Party any day.

The thing is, they took Reaganism--much of which was dubious to start with--and have taken it to an extreme, and then mixed in all kinds of crazy shit. And once you're sufficiently committed to the original principles, it's hard to get off a moving train. That's how a lot of people have held tight to the party as it's gone wacko.
We need a sane conservative party, but the one we have now is terminally ill and beyond help. It needs the plug pulled and quick death.

Gopher_In_NYC

Reaction score
I think in some local hardcore areas and maybe some states, Trumpers will still have some longevity still - I type this as I watch a lunatic (EDP - Emotionally Disturbed Person) yelling at Schumer in NYC.

I think Trumpism as a national move is deader than a doornail and shows he just operates from his emotions and while he is clever/smart, he really isn't intelligent/strategic in any way shape of form.

Go4Broke

Reaction score
The Party of Lincoln as we have always known it is DEAD for all practical purposes. The only way it will ever become healthy, sane, and respectable again is for them to expel every last one of their members who voted against accepting the election of Joe Biden.

RememberMurray

Reaction score
The Party of Lincoln as we have always known it is DEAD for all practical purposes. The only way it will ever become healthy, sane, and respectable again is for them to expel every last one of their members who voted against accepting the election of Joe Biden.
The idea of real Republicans quitting the Republican Party because a lunatic has hijacked it seems exactly backwards to me.

Leaders of the real Republican Party could (and should) issue a statement: Trump is no longer welcome in the Republican Party, and has been expelled.

I really think Trump himself would leap at that chance; he (and his rampaging ego) would love, love, love to form his own party of Trump-worshippers, with himself as the one-and-only Dear Leader, always at the eternal center. All the red hats would immediately and gleefully leave the Republican party and join the new Trump True Believers party.

In one fell swoop, the GOP would rid themselves of this plague and pestilence.

No doubt, they'd have to weather a few election cycles where they'd take it on the chin, because the conservative vote would be split. But in the long run, Trump would certainly implode/self-distruct, and the GOP — just as certainly — would survive.

Top Bottom