Dunlap enters transfer portal

Taji34

Reaction score
Maybe his family convinced him not to move closer to home. They can see what Fleck is building and the opportunity he has if he stays (he likely wouldn't get playing time this year transferring so late even if he transferred to a team that is playing, plus he's pretty much a guaranteed starter here until he leaves. Plus the quality of education).

MRJ

Reaction score
So he came back before he went?

Interesting....

dlw4gophers

Reaction score
Whatever the reason. Glad your sticking around. Loved watching the line perform last year.

WriterGoph

Reaction score
Dunlap also re-tweeted this last night after his announcement. Interpret how you will, but looks like maybe the young man has been going through some mental anguish. If so, hope he finds some support and peace here with the team and U.

Last edited:

MRJ

Reaction score
Dunlap also re-tweeted this last night after his announcement. Interpret how you will, but looks like the young man has been going through some mental anguish for sure. Hope he finds some support and peace here with the team and U.

Maybe he just needs a break from football. Total speculation on my part, but it is certainly possible considering the amount of pressure these kids feel on a daily basis. Add in all the uncertainty regarding the season and I can completely understand if that's the case.

In any case, I'm thrilled that he's staying!

West Fargo Gopher Fan

Section 114 Row 2
Reaction score
Dunlap also re-tweeted this last night after his announcement. Interpret how you will, but looks like the young man has been going through some mental anguish for sure. Hope he finds some support and peace here with the team and U.

Or he is fine and just thought to RT in case it helps someone else out. Doesn't necessarily mean he is going through anything.

WriterGoph

Reaction score
Or he is fine and just thought to RT in case it helps someone else out. Doesn't necessarily mean he is going through anything.
True, that's a fair point. I guess I just connected the dots between "adversities", entering the transfer portal and then changing his mind a day later.

alchemy2u

Reaction score
His stances are absolutely unacceptable, I agree. See his other threads. I have asked him to be accepting of others and their viewpoints. He refuses and even says things like “ purging and cleansing”. It’s horrible. Please mplsgopher from anymore hateful posts. He is not what America should be.
I have not been reading his posts since I have him on ignore, but there are a lot of others that state opinions of what not America should be....

PitinoFan

Banned
Reaction score
I’m glad he’s returning. Maybe a long talk with PJ convinced him to stay. If he is going through some things, he’s better off sticking with an established support system.

Reaction score
I love how most of us rubes responded. Great news. These are tumultuous times for our Gopher athletes. Keep supporting these young adults

#2Gopher

Reaction score
Welcome back Curtis! Looking forward to seeing you on the field again!

Urbandale

Reaction score
There's always a chance that Fleck believes there will still be at least a partial season this year, reminded Dunlap that there was no possibility of playing anywhere else this year, and Dunlap decided his best move was to stay put rather than not play for a year.

GoGoGopher12

Reaction score
I’m just asking the question. Does “withdrawal” from the portal necessarily mean anything other than “I don’t require it’s service any further”?
Withdrawal means removed his name from the portal. Not transferring.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Everybody else got it.
I presented a valid case where “I withdrew my name from the portal” does not mean he’s staying.

How hard would it have been to use precise language?

Top Bottom