Dr. Fauci recommends people wear goggles now, along with mask to protect against Covid-19

Costa Rican Gopher

Mind of a Scientist
Reaction score
Will you wear goggles? It seems like such a minor inconvenience, & it's for the protection of others. Is it fair to say that if you don't, you're being selfish & want people to die?

"Dr. Anthony Fauci says that eye protection may be recommended at some point to help prevent spreading COVID-19."

“Theoretically you should protect all of the mucosal surfaces, so if you have goggles or an eye shield, you should use it,” he said.

"Qatar Airlines recently asked flight attendants to start wearing safety goggles, however, as well as full protective suits, masks and gloves. And some of the health experts who spoke with NPR recently suggested it might be wise to wear goggles or a face shield on a crowded airplane."

"But a recent report published in The Lancet that analyzed 172 observational studies on how physical distancing, face masks and eye protection affected the spread of COVID-19 suggested that people could be three times less likely to get infected if they wear eye protection. Face shields, goggles and glasses were associated with a lower risk of infection (6%) compared with no eye covering (16%)."

"And the CDC notes that while the nose and mouth are the main areas where the virus enters the body, “it may be possible that a person can get COVID-19 by touching a surface or object that has the virus on it and then touching their own mouth, nose, or possibly their eyes.”

Dr. Fauci recommends wearing goggles to prevent catching the coronavirus

Panthadad2

Reaction score
Can we just get a vaccine already so we can extract ourselves from the idiocracy we've created?

mjfelton15

Banned
Reaction score
1596061981371.jpeg
Guess this should include the question for Fauci, “why aren’t you wearing your goggles or face shield?” On top of all the other hypocrisies of this picture

Angry

Reaction score
Will you wear goggles? It seems like such a minor inconvenience, & it's for the protection of others. Is it fair to say that if you don't, you're being selfish & want people to die?

"Dr. Anthony Fauci says that eye protection may be recommended at some point to help prevent spreading COVID-19."

“Theoretically you should protect all of the mucosal surfaces, so if you have goggles or an eye shield, you should use it,” he said.

"Qatar Airlines recently asked flight attendants to start wearing safety goggles, however, as well as full protective suits, masks and gloves. And some of the health experts who spoke with NPR recently suggested it might be wise to wear goggles or a face shield on a crowded airplane."

"But a recent report published in The Lancet that analyzed 172 observational studies on how physical distancing, face masks and eye protection affected the spread of COVID-19 suggested that people could be three times less likely to get infected if they wear eye protection. Face shields, goggles and glasses were associated with a lower risk of infection (6%) compared with no eye covering (16%)."

"And the CDC notes that while the nose and mouth are the main areas where the virus enters the body, “it may be possible that a person can get COVID-19 by touching a surface or object that has the virus on it and then touching their own mouth, nose, or possibly their eyes.”

Dr. Fauci recommends wearing goggles to prevent catching the coronavirus
Doesn’t the Lancet still have egg on their face from the whole Hydroxichloriqine fiasco?

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
If you want to follow me,
You've got to play pinball
And put in your earplugs
Put on your eye shades
You know where to put the cork

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
We're not gonna take it
Never did and never will
We're not gonna take it
Gonna break it, gonna shake it
Let's forget it better still

GSUsTALON

Reaction score
Buy a $1.00 pair of yellow sunglasses. They work well day or night!

GSUsTALON

Reaction score
Should we also use a condom for our other head? :cool:

Spoofin

Reaction score
I already wear swim goggles everywhere I go. No big deal to me if it is mandatory.

Costa Rican Gopher

Mind of a Scientist
Reaction score
We're not gonna take it
Never did and never will
We're not gonna take it
Gonna break it, gonna shake it
Let's forget it better still
From the coast of gold, across the seven seas
I'm traveling on, far and wide
But now it seems, I'm just a stranger to myself
And all the things I sometimes do, it isn't me but someone else
I close my eyes, and think of home
Another city goes by, in the night
Ain't it funny how it is, you never miss it til it's gone away
And my heart is lying there and will be til my dying day...

So understand,
Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years...
Face up, make your stand
And realize you're living in the golden years

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
From the coast of gold, across the seven seas
I'm traveling on, far and wide
But now it seems, I'm just a stranger to myself
And all the things I sometimes do, it isn't me but someone else
I close my eyes, and think of home
Another city goes by, in the night
Ain't it funny how it is, you never miss it til it's gone away
And my heart is lying there and will be til my dying day...

So understand,
Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years...
Face up, make your stand
And realize you're living in the golden years
I love Maiden.

scools12

Reaction score
It just keeps getting more and more ridiculous. You can’t make this stuff up.

Bad Gopher

A Loner, A Rebel
Reaction score
All I can say is that, for Wes Johnson of the Twins, mission accomplished. Last night I said to my wife, "How do we even know that's him?"

bga1

Reaction score
I got an idea. If you are a high risk group for catching covid, YOU wear a mask and goggles and preferably stay home.
Yep and if those measures actually work then no one else who is not fearful or not at high risk has to worry about it.

mjfelton15

Banned
Reaction score
Why don’t we create even more of a bubble wrap society than we already have?

Top Bottom