Don't be surprised if it's not a wall

bga1

Reaction score
$400M diverted from disaster relief.

Humbles and his fellas have assured us for years that Mexico was paying for trump's wall.

We have an annual 150 billion dollar illegal immigrant disaster annually thanks to you and the left.

Cruze

Reaction score
$400M diverted from disaster relief. Humbles and his fellas have assured us for years that Mexico was paying for trump's wall.

The Trumpster's supporters love it when he lies to them. I think it's kind of like a sexual thing for them.

How Tariffs Work, and Why China Won’t See a Bill

President Trump frequently promotes the idea that when the United States places a tariff on an import from another country, that other country directly pays the bill.

He’s wrong, but he keeps saying it.

On Sunday, the president cited American tariffs on Chinese goods as a reason the United States economy is doing so well. And he insisted that China — not American companies that rely on Chinese products — was bearing the brunt of his tariffs.

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
· May 5, 2019

For 10 months, China has been paying Tariffs to the USA of 25% on 50 Billion Dollars of High Tech, and 10% on 200 Billion Dollars of other goods. These payments are partially responsible for our great economic results. The 10% will go up to 25% on Friday. 325 Billions Dollars....

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

....of additional goods sent to us by China remain untaxed, but will be shortly, at a rate of 25%. The Tariffs paid to the USA have had little impact on product cost, mostly borne by China.

Read complete article at: https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/29/us/politics/how-tariffs-work-china.html

Last edited:

bottlebass

Main Member
Reaction score
9panH7J.png

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-immigration-pentagon-idUSKCN1VP2VY

So much winning!

howeda7

Reaction score
We have an annual 150 billion dollar illegal immigrant disaster annually thanks to you and the left.

$150 billion, eh? That's nearly $5,000 per illegal vote they cast!

Section2

Reaction score
announces campaign plan to build wall : RACIST
2 years in and hasn't managed to support wall: INCOMPETENT
starts building wall: CRUEL HURTING KIDS

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
announces campaign plan to build wall : RACIST
2 years in and hasn't managed to support wall: INCOMPETENT
starts building wall: CRUEL HURTING KIDS
There is that little nitpick about treating the defense budget as a slush fund, but why have a legislature at all?

Section2

Reaction score
There is that little nitpick about treating the defense budget as a slush fund, but why have a legislature at all?

I don't disagree with you at all. I'm referring to people so blinded by their hatred of Trump that any outcome causes them to fly into a frenzy. Wasn't speaking to reasonable people like yourself.

GopherJake

Reaction score
I don't disagree with you at all. I'm referring to people so blinded by their hatred of Trump that any outcome causes them to fly into a frenzy. Wasn't speaking to reasonable people like yourself.
Then ignore those people and focus on criticizing the things you do think matter, where you totally disagree with the president. But that's not what you're about. You are about 150 post pissing matches. If this was Obama pulling this stuff, you wouldn't shut up about how he is overstepping his authority - and rightfully so. But since it's Don, you focus on your stupid little defense of stupidity.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
B/c the legislature controls 99.975% of the rest of the budget.

But I’m confused. When Trump tries to spend or reallocate money, that is equivalent to coins in the sofa, from the budget, it’s the legislature’s responsibility to control and allocate the budget. But when the budget is short by a trillion dollars versus actual spending, it’s all Trump’s fault.

Section2

Reaction score
Then ignore those people and focus on criticizing the things you do think matter, where you totally disagree with the president. But that's not what you're about. You are about 150 post pissing matches. If this was Obama pulling this stuff, you wouldn't shut up about how he is overstepping his authority - and rightfully so. But since it's Don, you focus on your stupid little defense of stupidity.

I don't want to ignore those people. Those people are the problem. I don't think Trump building the wall is the problem. He definitely has a mandate to do it since it was basically his entire campaign.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Jake...seriously. There’s more than enough Trump criticism here and publicly. And I’d be willing to bet that those criticizing Trump the most, were the same ones almost silent on Obama.

There has been criticism of Trump from the Right here, but the criticism is viewed from a different perspective than the criticism from the lefties.

And just b/c people don’t spend 24/7 criticizing Trump doesn’t mean that righties don’t see many of his flaws. It’s just that there’s so much over the top criticism of Trump, some non-TDS perspective has to balance it out, if that’s possible.

bga1

Reaction score
Last edited:

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
Jake...seriously. There’s more than enough Trump criticism here and publicly. And I’d be willing to bet that those criticizing Trump the most, were the same ones almost silent on Obama.

There has been criticism of Trump from the Right here, but the criticism is viewed from a different perspective than the criticism from the lefties.

And just b/c people don’t spend 24/7 criticizing Trump doesn’t mean that righties don’t see many of his flaws. It’s just that there’s so much over the top criticism of Trump, some non-TDS perspective has to balance it out, if that’s possible.

Well,you seem to unbothered by an ever increasing Executive Power, and have now adopted the "the budget is so large MY line item doesn't affect it" mantra. This isn't even close to classical conservatism, but it seems to jibe with Trumpism--"if Trump does it, defend it".

howeda7

Reaction score
Well,you seem to unbothered by an ever increasing Executive Power, and have now adopted the "the budget is so large MY line item doesn't affect it" mantra. This isn't even close to classical conservatism, but it seems to jibe with Trumpism--"if Trump does it, defend it".

+1,000

howeda7

Reaction score

This. If some R's actually spoke out about the things that allegedly concern them, it would lead credence to their "TDS" claims. But other than an occasional "I don't agree with him on everything" it's silence. Instead it's all focused on mocking "Libs" for getting upset with his lies and corruption or deflecting to Joe Biden or "The Squad."

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
The Obama administration also reallocated over a couple hundred million dollars from FEMA to the border in August of 2014 too. The media didn’t care then.

The Trump administration doesn’t do a thing without extraordinary examination.

I don’t consider the repurposing of $4B of the Federal budget within the Dept of Defense spending a huge presidential overreach.

It’s certainly not as much as an overreach as declaring 800,000 illegal alien children legal for an indefinite period of time.

bga1

Reaction score

The wall is the best and perhaps only shot we have of attacking a persistent 150 billion dollar annual cost. If Trump does it and we like it - we defend it. I happen to like most of what he is doing because he is doing exactly as he promises, unlike most politicians. Your posts are starting to look more like Howie's. You will find that a year from now, when there is perhaps 500 miles of the new wall up, we will be seeing that illegal crossings are down and illegal crossings in the areas with the wall is minimal. Once that is done, we build more. When the border is secure we can all have a productive discussion about what to do about the people that are still here illegally. At that point I think you will find that amnesty for some, guest worker status for others and deportation for the criminals will be an excellent solution. Border first, then comprehensive immigration reform. Put the fire out and then rebuild- not the reverse.

Section2

Reaction score
This. If some R's actually spoke out about the things that allegedly concern them, it would lead credence to their "TDS" claims. But other than an occasional "I don't agree with him on everything" it's silence. Instead it's all focused on mocking "Libs" for getting upset with his lies and corruption or deflecting to Joe Biden or "The Squad."

A ton of conservatives speak out against Trump on issues that concern them, and rip on him for being an idiot. it's not silence at all. It's silence on MSNBC and in your bubble.

Section2

Reaction score
The Obama administration also reallocated over a couple hundred million dollars from FEMA to the border in August of 2014 too. The media didn’t care then.

The Trump administration doesn’t do a thing without extraordinary examination.

I don’t consider the repurposing of $4B of the Federal budget within the Dept of Defense spending a huge presidential overreach.

It’s certainly not as much as an overreach as declaring 800,000 illegal alien children legal for an indefinite period of time.

Everything is a crisis and an example that our democracy is in peril, and bla bla bla. Just pick a couple. Show us that you can ignore some nonsense. Don't make EVERYTHING out to be some assault on some high minded principle.

Section2

Reaction score

I'm absolutely bothered by an increasing executive power. Are you? Trump doesn't even have the power on Tariffs. Congress does. They could end all his tariffs today. Or is it the undoing of the obama executive orders? What are the examples of out of control executive power. I don't really see Trump as expanding it. But I would absolutely love to support any effort to restrict the power of the presidency.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Everything is a crisis and an example that our democracy is in peril, and bla bla bla. Just pick a couple. Show us that you can ignore some nonsense. Don't make EVERYTHING out to be some assault on some high minded principle.
I’m really starting to worry about howie. It can’t be healthy for the mind to be this distressed 24/7.

Even spg is starting to lose perspective.

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
I'm absolutely bothered by an increasing executive power. Are you? Trump doesn't even have the power on Tariffs. Congress does. They could end all his tariffs today. Or is it the undoing of the obama executive orders? What are the examples of out of control executive power. I don't really see Trump as expanding it. But I would absolutely love to support any effort to restrict the power of the presidency.
Yes, I am concerned, and was under Obama as well. It allows Congress to sit on their hands, and now it looks like this....
duck season.jpg

jamiche

Reaction score
A ton of conservatives speak out against Trump on issues that concern them, and rip on him for being an idiot. it's not silence at all. It's silence on MSNBC and in your bubble.

Twenty examples, please. That shouldn't be hard over a 2.5 year period.

bottlebass

Main Member
Reaction score

What was the money used for? Was it something actually useful or was it useless like a wall?

Top Bottom