Don't be surprised if it's not a wall

Bad Gopher

A Loner, A Rebel
Reaction score
If I were D leadership, I would wait for their opening offer. Again, the shutdown was a hostage situation. Freeing the hostages doesn't put the onus back on the Ds. If Don wants his little wall, what is he offering in exchange?
Freeing the hostages but still holding a gun to their head. This continues to be not the way the country was ever intended to be run.

Gophers_4life

Reaction score
Freeing the hostages but still holding a gun to their head. This continues to be not the way the country was ever intended to be run.
No one ever envisioned a president who was so unqualified to lead people and be such a failure at running things.

howeda7

Reaction score
No one ever envisioned a president who was so unqualified to lead people and be such a failure at running things.
They envisioned it and put in place a mechanism to prevent it. It just failed to work.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federalist_No._68

Corruption of an electoral process could most likely arise from the desire of "foreign powers to gain an improper ascendant in our councils." To minimize risk of foreign machinations and inducements, the electoral college would have only a "transient existence" and no elector could be a "senator, representative, or other person holding a place of trust or profit under the United States"; electors would make their choice in a "detached situation", whereas a preexisting body of federal office-holders "might be tampered with beforehand to prostitute their votes".

Also, a successful candidate for the office of president would have to have the distinguished qualities to appeal to electors from many states, not just one or a few states:

Talents for low intrigue, and the little arts of popularity, may alone suffice to elevate a man to the first honors in a single State; but it will require other talents, and a different kind of merit, to establish him in the esteem and confidence of the whole Union, or of so considerable a portion of it as would be necessary to make him a successful candidate for the distinguished office of President of the United States.

bga1

Reaction score
If I were D leadership, I would wait for their opening offer. Again, the shutdown was a hostage situation. Freeing the hostages doesn't put the onus back on the Ds. If Don wants his little wall, what is he offering in exchange?
The offer is 5.7 billion for the wall in exchange for DACA. That's on the table.

GopherJake

Reaction score
The offer is 5.7 billion for the wall in exchange for DACA. That's on the table.
That’s not on the table. It was rejected as inadequate - an attempted trick even, as part of it was restoring things Don had also previously taken hostage. What’s really happening is Don is being dared to shut down the government again or to declare a national emergency, both of which would result in more embarrassing failure for him.

What do you think will happen, BGA?

bga1

Reaction score
That’s not on the table. It was rejected as inadequate - an attempted trick even, as part of it was restoring things Don had also previously taken hostage. What’s really happening is Don is being dared to shut down the government again or to declare a national emergency, both of which would result in more embarrassing failure for him.

I have no idea. I really doubt that the Dems keep their word to negotiate in good faith. I do think he will get the wall one way or another. National emergency or military funds are both possible. I don't see how declaring a national emergency hurts him at all. Congress is not doing their job and the people understand it and don't like it. One can say that Trump is not popular, and that's true. But the other politicians involved- Pelosi, Schumer and McConnell are less popular than Trump by a fair amount.

If the Dems rejected the offer, they returned with nothing. So he returns with the offer. The Dems said that they would negotiate if Trump reopened the government- which he did. This is on the Dems.

Bad Gopher

A Loner, A Rebel
Reaction score

Exactly. DACA stands as a perpetual hostage that Don can retake whenever he wants and trade it for whatever he wants at the time. Government by hostage taking is something we've never had before and something that undermines the democratic process. That's why it needs to be slapped down hard, now.

bigticket1

Reaction score
3 year temporary DACA fix isn't going to cut it - the courts are already providing that. Make it permanent relief, and discussions could be based on that as a starter.

bottlebass

Main Member
Reaction score
I have no idea. I really doubt that the Dems keep their word to negotiate in good faith. I do think he will get the wall one way or another. National emergency or military funds are both possible. I don't see how declaring a national emergency hurts him at all. Congress is not doing their job and the people understand it and don't like it. One can say that Trump is not popular, and that's true. But the other politicians involved- Pelosi, Schumer and McConnell are less popular than Trump by a fair amount.

If the Dems rejected the offer, they returned with nothing. So he returns with the offer. The Dems said that they would negotiate if Trump reopened the government- which he did. This is on the Dems.
Because everyone knows it's not a national emergency.

bga1

Reaction score
Because all leftists think it's not a national emergency when we have 20 million illegals in the country, lose $150 billion a year to the problem, have drugs smuggled into the country, lose 60,000 lives to drug deaths, have a 700,000 case backlog in the courts dealing with illegals and have people robbed raped and murdered annually by people here illegally. In fact leftists view it as a good thing.
FIFY

bottlebass

Main Member
Reaction score
How does a wall:
1. Remove the 20 million illegals in the country
2. Save 150 billion a year
3. Stop drugs from coming through ports of entry
4. Save lives of people that mostly get addicted by legal pharmaceuticals
5. Speed up the courts

Why not take some of that money you want to spend on a wall and actually spend it trying to fix one of the problems you listed. None of which are a national emergency, they have existed for years or decades and many of those problems have been improving. You have been continually owned on this subject. Just admit you want the wall so trump can have a monument.

diehard

Reaction score
I expect something to break tonight. Pelosi's facial expression will be priceless.

diehard

Reaction score
They moved the heavy equipment in yesterday at the Texas site. It should be something more significant announced tonight. We will see. Just speculating here.

bottlebass

Main Member
Reaction score
They moved the heavy equipment in yesterday at the Texas site. It should be something more significant announced tonight. We will see. Just speculating here.
Is that part of the construction agreed upon last year?

diehard

Reaction score
In your ^^uneducated^^ mind. You are losing in every post you make.

BarnBurner

Reaction score
How does a wall:
1. Remove the 20 million illegals in the country
2. Save 150 billion a year
3. Stop drugs from coming through ports of entry
4. Save lives of people that mostly get addicted by legal pharmaceuticals
5. Speed up the courts

Why not take some of that money you want to spend on a wall and actually spend it trying to fix one of the problems you listed. None of which are a national emergency, they have existed for years or decades and many of those problems have been improving. You have been continually owned on this subject. Just admit you want the wall so trump can have a monument.
Opioids are improving. Not a national emergency. How much do illegals cost taxpayers annually A master?

A Master opposite of the MSM.

bottlebass

Main Member
Reaction score
Opioids are improving. Not a national emergency. How much do illegals cost taxpayers annually A master?

A Master opposite of the MSM.
I said many of his problems are improving. Opioids are not but a wall doesn't stop people from becoming addicted and it definitely does not help treat them.

diehard

Reaction score
I said many of his problems are improving. Opioids are not but a wall doesn't stop people from becoming addicted and it definitely does not help treat them.
I blame much of that on "modern" medical practices. Not pharmacists. They can't prescribe drugs. (not calling you a liar over a little fibbing) It Very few things are simply binary issues.

monk10

Golden Gopher
Reaction score
We do not need 5 billion. Trump's strength is getting people to build stuff and not pay them. The wall can happen without 5 billion. Just let Trump convince a bunch of suckers to work for nothing like he always does. No need to cry about funding.

Bad Gopher

A Loner, A Rebel
Reaction score
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

diehard

Reaction score
@PrissyBritches. bad's go to news source. LOL!

Might have been his engineering professor as well.

Bad Gopher

A Loner, A Rebel
Reaction score
@PrissyBritches. bad's go to news source. LOL!

Might have been his engineering professor as well.
Why do you think the right-wing property-rights people aren't protesting when it's Trump doing the land grabbing?

bottlebass

Main Member
Reaction score
I blame much of that on "modern" medical practices. Not pharmacists. They can't prescribe drugs. (not calling you a liar over a little fibbing) It Very few things are simply binary issues.
You continue to show your lack of understanding for anything pertaining to the medical field.

BarnBurner

Reaction score
Tell us again, D lovers, why Obama did not address these pesky immigration and drug running and human trafficking and border security issues while in office for two terms?

bottlebass

Main Member
Reaction score
Tell us again, D lovers, why Obama did not address these pesky immigration and drug running and human trafficking and border security issues while in office for two terms?
The republicans held the house and senate, why didn't they?

Obama deported a lot of illegals. More than your dear leader.

BarnBurner

Reaction score
The republicans held the house and senate, why didn't they?

Obama deported a lot of illegals. More than your dear leader.
But the R's!!!

But DJT!!!!

Fact is nothing was done. A master. Your heros.

bottlebass

Main Member
Reaction score
But the R's!!!

But DJT!!!!

Fact is nothing was done. A master. Your heros.
Nope, you can't get me here I've said over and over both the Ds and Rs are to blame in this shutdown and wall debate. So much so people were calling me you. Suck it b!tch.

Top Bottom