Don't be surprised if it's not a wall

diehard

Reaction score
You know you have a losing argument when you have to resort to euphemisms to sell things - in this case incessantly referring to this loser wall idea as "border security" or a fence.

Why are fences put up along the roadside of Interstates and other roads. They must not work. They don't even have a ceiling. We could save a lot of money not putting them up.

bottlebass

Main Member
Reaction score
Why are fences put up along the roadside of Interstates and other roads. They must not work. They don't even have a ceiling. We could save a lot of money not putting them up.

I wish the fences would have stopped the BLM people from walking onto and blocking the highways

diehard

Reaction score
Without an examine? My pharmacists can not even renew a scrip without the doctor's approval. Sounds like you hospital is headed for major lawsuits. Do you carry insurance beyond what the hospital has?

Bad Gopher

A Loner, A Rebel
Reaction score

Funny you should ask. For years the discussion in the AASHTO Green Book said that fences are placed to prevent people and animals from getting onto the freeway right of way. That was changed a number of years ago based on the realization that they don't prevent anybody from getting anywhere and that, by claiming they did, it exposed highway agencies to tort liability. The verbiage was changed to, "Highway agencies use fencing extensively to delineate the control of access acquired for a highway. While provision of fencing is not a duty, fencing may also serve to reduce the likelihood of encroachment onto the highway right of way."

I think you just performed a valuable self own by asking that question.

bottlebass

Main Member
Reaction score
Without an examine? My pharmacists can not even renew a scrip without the doctor's approval. Sounds like you hospital is headed for major lawsuits. Do you carry insurance beyond what the hospital has?

Of course I do.

Big difference between what retail pharmacists do and what hospital pharmacists do. I'm clinical bro.

bottlebass

Main Member
Reaction score
Funny you should ask. For years the discussion in the AASHTO Green Book said that fences are placed to prevent people and animals from getting onto the freeway right of way. That was changed a number of years ago based on the realization that they don't prevent anybody from getting anywhere and that, by claiming they did, it exposed highway agencies to tort liability. The verbiage was changed to, "Highway agencies use fencing extensively to delineate the control of access acquired for a highway. While provision of fencing is not a duty, fencing may also serve to reduce the likelihood of encroachment onto the highway right of way."

I think you just performed a valuable self own by asking that question.

Oh sh!t diehard do you need me to prescribe you some cream for that burn?!

diehard

Reaction score
We've known for some time you are "clinical." How did you fall for bad's swerve? It wasn't a good swerve. He admitted their fences are inadequately designed to accomplish their purpose (are we surprised that they were inadequately designed?). He also stated that they needed legal protection from their failed design (are we surprised). MN DOT civil engineers appear to be bozos.

bottlebass

Main Member
Reaction score
We've known for some time you are "clinical." How did you fall for bad's swerve? It wasn't a good swerve. He admitted their fences are inadequately designed to accomplish their purpose (are we surprised that they were inadequately designed?). He also stated that they needed legal protection from their failed design (are we surprised). MN DOT civil engineers appear to be bozos.

Are we going to be able to sue Trump for every illegal that crosses after his wall is complete?

bga1

Reaction score
Caught at a port of entry, just like the intelligent people have been saying all along.

I see. So you are saying that since most drug smuggling that is stopped is stopped at the points of entry because it comes in bigger loads and is quite a bit more easily detectable there- then you don't really care how much drugs are smuggled across the open borders or how many kids die from the associated drug overdoses. Got it.

justthefacts

Reaction score
Meanwhile major fentanyl bust at the border Saturday. Many many American lives saved for now.

Stopped at a legal port of entry, much like the vast majority of other drugs stopped at the border, per the DEA

bottlebass

Main Member
Reaction score
I see. So you are saying that since most drug smuggling that is stopped is stopped at the points of entry because it comes in bigger loads and is quite a bit more easily detectable there- then you don't really care how much drugs are smuggled across the open borders or how many kids die from the associated drug overdoses. Got it.

You still don't understand anything. Most drugs are coming through ports of entry. Very little percentage is carried across the border. And no I wouldn't say 250lbs of drugs on a truck carrying what tens of thousands of pounds of goods is easy to detect. I think it's pretty amazing any drugs are caught at all, but we are only catching a small percentage we should do better.

bottlebass

Main Member
Reaction score
Since this seems to be over your head beeg lets make it simpler for you. If you have 2 leaks but only 1 bucket to catch water you use the bucket on the bigger leak. Even that has to make sense to you.

bga1

Reaction score
Since this seems to be over your head beeg lets make it simpler for you. If you have 2 leaks but only 1 bucket to catch water you use the bucket on the bigger leak. Even that has to make sense to you.

We have the money for the two buckets. Try again. To make you even more foolish- the wall would actually pinch the action to smaller areas making stopping leaks even easier.

A guy has two roof leaks and the leaks could cost him thousands in repairs. He is too cheap to go to the hardware store for the second bucket which cost $5.

We are losing thousands of lives and 100-150 billion per year on the border leak and you claim we don't have the money for the second bucket which is a fraction of that amount. Weak. You are a terrible atheist. :)

Last edited:

bottlebass

Main Member
Reaction score
We have two buckets. Try again.

We are losing thousands of lives and 100-150 billion per year on the border leak and you claim we don't have the money for the second bucket which is a fraction of that amount. Weak. You are a terrible atheist. :)

We only have 1 bucket, address the more important issue. When that one is resolved move onto the second one. It's crazy you want to waste all this time addressing a trickle of narcotics coming across the border and do nothing about the tons of narcotics coming through ports of entry. Unlike you I care about those thousands of lives which is why I posted the fentanyl bust in the first place. That bust saved a lot of lives, unfortunately only temporarily if those addicts don't get the help they need. Oh wait you want to take their healthcare away so they can't get help. It's almost like you think christians are suppose to be anti compassion.

bga1

Reaction score
We only have 1 bucket, address the more important issue. When that one is resolved move onto the second one. It's crazy you want to waste all this time addressing a trickle of narcotics coming across the border and do nothing about the tons of narcotics coming through ports of entry. Unlike you I care about those thousands of lives which is why I posted the fentanyl bust in the first place. That bust saved a lot of lives, unfortunately only temporarily if those addicts don't get the help they need. Oh wait you want to take their healthcare away so they can't get help. It's almost like you think christians are suppose to be anti compassion.

No that's false, we have the ability to have the second bucket. Easy. Your method is flat out stupid. The bucket is cheap at the hardware store but you insist on employing labor to mop continuously leaking water day after day year after year, ruining the floors, woodwork, walls and insulation, because you refuse to pay for the bucket. We can do more than one thing at a time and doing the wall would help in focusing even more intense pressure that the pinch points where everything would be forced to go.

bottlebass

Main Member
Reaction score
We have the money for the two buckets. Try again. To make you even more foolish- the wall would actually pinch the action to smaller areas making stopping leaks even easier.

A guy has two roof leaks and the leaks could cost him thousands in repairs. He is too cheap to go to the hardware store for the second bucket which cost $5.

Oh cool way to change your post after I had already quoted it. I'm glad you brought up the middle paragraph. That's not what I'm saying at all. But you make a good point. You address the bigger leak first! So why do you want to address the trickle and then head to the hardware store for a bucket causing way more damage than what is needed?

bottlebass

Main Member
Reaction score
No that's false, we have the ability to have the second bucket. Easy. Your method is flat out stupid. The bucket is cheap at the hardware store but you insist on employing labor to mop continuously leaking water day after day year after year, ruining the floors, woodwork, walls and insulation, because you refuse to pay for the bucket. We can do more than one thing at a time and doing the wall would help in focusing even more intense pressure that the pinch points where everything would be forced to go.

Again yes we have the ability to get a 2nd bucket, but it's the 2nd bucket for a reason. Our government can't do more than 1 thing at a time. They can't even do this 1 thing. I'm not saying we ignore the 2nd leak for forever, but you ALWAYS address the bigger issue first.

bga1

Reaction score
Again yes we have the ability to get a 2nd bucket, but it's the 2nd bucket for a reason. Our government can't do more than 1 thing at a time. They can't even do this 1 thing. I'm not saying we ignore the 2nd leak for forever, but you ALWAYS address the bigger issue first.

You are really, really spinning here.

bottlebass

Main Member
Reaction score
You are really, really spinning here.

There is no spinning on my end. You are the one trying to fabricate crises to waste money on a monument for your leader. WHy not take the money and actually address a bigger and real problem?

justthefacts

Reaction score
https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...atrols-press-releases/?utm_term=.ba87b26e1301

Another metric would be the amount of — and it mostly comes through ports of entry, which is another discussion that we can certainly have here, but the amount of drugs that come through,” Kelly said.

Shortly after Trump was inaugurated, the CBP’s Paul A. Beeson offered similar testimony.

“The Southwest land border POEs are the major points of entry for illegal drugs, where smugglers use a wide variety of tactics and techniques for concealing drugs,” Beeson said, referring to ports of entry.

That is bolstered by the CBP’s own news releases. We reviewed every news release touting a drug seizure since Nov. 1, 2018. Of the 120 seizures included in those releases, 82 occurred at ports of entry. Another 14 occurred at or near immigration checkpoints like the one near Yuma listed above.

The rest, 24 of them, happened between ports of entry. Almost all of those shared similar characteristics: They were seizures of marijuana by agents in the CBP’s Rio Grande Valley sector in Texas. Usually, the seizure involved agents spotting people carrying bundles of marijuana across the river into the United States who then dropped the packages and fled south upon being confronted.

There was one noteworthy exception. On Dec. 6, agents spotted an ultralight aircraft flying across the border into California. They watched as it descended in altitude, later finding that it had dropped 129 pounds of meth near Calexico. The drugs were seized.

howeda7

Reaction score
There is no spinning on my end. You are the one trying to fabricate crises to waste money on a monument for your leader. WHy not take the money and actually address a bigger and real problem?

I love how Trump is going to declare an emergency 14 days from now. It's not an emergency if it can wait 2 weeks (or months or decades.)

howeda7

Reaction score
The wall may have already been built!

The simplest way to solve this conflict is for Qanon to tell Trump, Fox News, Beeg, CRG & friends that it has been built and the evil media/Deep State is lying about it.

True, the ones who actually live on the border might have a harder time swallowing it, but they will.

BarnBurner

Reaction score
My best guess for why you've gone completely off the rails in the last 24-30 months on this board is either you shacked up with a new girlfriend who is a radical Lib nut job or there was some other life-altering event in your life. Maybe the folks started making you pay rent for your room instead of giving you a free ride? I guess there could be something else but I'm coming up empty.

You think some of us are joking but holy crap, you are a different poster than you were a few years back, you and Bad. It's a little concerning, to say the least.

:clap:

Top Bottom