Don't be surprised if it's not a wall

bottlebass

Main Member
Reaction score
You just stole _4life's argument? Maybe it is dorker's. Doesn't matter. You have just climbed into the clown car with the dumbest of tOTB. So are that desperate or that dumb?

Please explain how a completely enclosed space can be compared to a border wall. Talk about desperate and dumb, you guys keep reaching for ridiculous comparisons that just make you look foolish.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Hey you were the one who made the stupid comment without thinking. Hey look another stupid comment! Should we give all Venezuelans asylum since they are fleeing a dictatorship?

I never said the numbers were equal, just proving that even physical barriers don't prevent illegal immigration like you were claiming.
And I didn’t say ‘no one ever’ or ‘they never’, but it’s convenient for you to assume that.

If you were arguing with yourself, you could have quite a battle over things you didn’t say, but assumed. You really are a tool.

bottlebass

Main Member
Reaction score
And I didn’t say ‘no one ever’ or ‘they never’, but it’s convenient for you to assume that.

If you were arguing with yourself, you could have quite a battle over things you didn’t say, but assumed. You really are a tool.

So said "no need for a wall where there are physical barriers". Sorry that means you think no illegals cross where there are physical barriers. The only convenient thing is how stupid your post was and how easy it was to prove you wrong.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
So said "no need for a wall where there are physical barriers". Sorry that means you think no illegals cross where there are physical barriers. The only convenient thing is how stupid your post was and how easy it was to prove you wrong.
Me: “It gets cold in Minnesota in the winter.”
B@ss: “That’s a stupid comment. Not everyday is cold in Minnesota in the winter. I win.”

Yes, you win. You’re a tool.

bottlebass

Main Member
Reaction score
Me: “It gets cold in Minnesota in the winter.”
B@ss: “That’s a stupid comment. Not everyday is cold in Minnesota in the winter. I win.”

Yes, you win. You’re a tool.

Not the same, it obviously gets cold in MN in the winter. It's a little funny you can't comprehend this. If you wanted to make the comparison it would be:

KGF: "Every day is cold in MN in the winter"
Me: "That's a stupid comment"

I win, you show your stupidity again.

diehard

Reaction score
You take dorker08 and _4life points and argue them like jake. You have hit the bottom of the barrel. Maybe you need a break.

diehard

Reaction score
Don't get stuck in it or let it hit you in the ass. Maybe security issues are just too simple for a brilliant man such as yourself. Leave to others who know what they are doing.

bottlebass

Main Member
Reaction score
Don't get stuck in it or let it hit you in the ass. Maybe security issues are just too simple for a brilliant man such as yourself. Leave to others who know what they are doing.

I look forward to seeing your plan and the cost estimates to wall off the entire country and add a roof to the entire country.

diehard

Reaction score
bass, you are way better than to resort to an idiot jake style argument. Way better. Border security requirements are no secret and physical barriers are number one.

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
Can you leave the doors open? I have a toothache and can’t sleep. There have to be some old Quaaludes in the back...

stocker08

Reaction score
bass, you are way better than to resort to an idiot jake style argument. Way better. Border security requirements are no secret and physical barriers are number one.

Dumb righties still can't dispute the roof. Keep clogging up the OTB with your unqualified posts.

bottlebass

Main Member
Reaction score
You mean the doors work??? Like to keep people out?

Yes because the pharmacy is 100% walledoff and has a ceiling. Do you understand the difference between that and a partial wall with no other protection?

bottlebass

Main Member
Reaction score
Oh and pharmacies are still broken into all the time, so even more proof walls don't work.

diehard

Reaction score
Just lay your drugs out on an open counter with public access then.

justthefacts

Reaction score
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

bga1

Reaction score
Not equivalent. But keep trying.

BB- you are working a desperately silly line of reasoning here. The point is simple, more security is better than no security. We have a massive border problem that is multi faceted. We need better security at the ports and all points of entry. We need a wall that deters most from crossing. There is no way, ever, to stop every single person from crossing. The point is to lessen the problem in every area- for the good of society and for the good of even those Hispanics who are here. If we can get to a point where we have reasonably secured the border then I think it is reasonable to discuss compromises about who can be documented and remain here as guest workers and have legitimacy. It is insane to just continue to argue about this issue for years on end. Let's take some steps to add the wall, add additional security and clean up our immigration system for the good of everyone who is law abiding and in this nation. If the wall doesn't work then the left can say "we were right" and we can work on other means. But until there is evidence of that it is simply insane not to try something that stands in the way of a bigger resolution of this whole divisive argument.

The 5.7 billion Trump asks for is more than a reasonable ask considering that we have a true crisis in terms of illegal drugs coming across and a true crisis in terms of our national deficits. With illegal immigration costs annually running 100 billion to 150 billion, trying the wall at 5.7 billion is the smartest solution on the table. If the wall is granted and built then Trump will offer compromise on who can continue to be here and how we document them. That would be a great day for our country.

bga1

Reaction score
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Can you open a thread that features Kamala Harris on health care, if it doesn't give you whiplash to do so?

justthefacts

Reaction score
With illegal immigration costs annually running 100 billion to 150 billion

“Two things about the Center for Immigration Studies: one has to do with its origins and the second one, with its methods. Origins-wise, CIS is part of the nativist lobby and was founded by John Tanton, a white nationalist,” Lopez said. “Its analysis of reality and its policy prescriptions, therefore, are informed by insidious motivations.”

“Second, CIS reaches misleading conclusions because its findings are based on methodological flaws and exaggerations in order to paint immigrants in the worst light possible. Either of those reasons should be enough to discount CIS as a credible source to influence immigration policy.”

Alex Nowrasteh agrees that CIS’ findings can be unreliable. Nowrasteh works at the Cato Institute, a libertarian think tank, and has written critically of CIS in the past.

“I always double-check CIS research to make sure it’s methodologically sound,” Nowrasteh told us. “Some of their work, such as their summaries of recent Census or ACS data, are fine. Much of their work on the economic effects of immigration or terrorism is typically very weak, methodologically unsound, and erroneous claims to find causation without any supporting statistical evidence.”

CIS claims to prove that immigrants are costly to US tax payers and often cites welfare payments to immigrants. However, both Lopez and Nowrasteh have the same objections to this analysis: it is not statistically sound.

Nowrasteh supports making it easier for immigrants to come to the US legally, but on the issue of Fox News citing CIS he told us: “I’m concerned when anybody uses unsound information or arguments to prove their point.”

Media Matters may approach immigration from a liberal perspective, but the Cato Institute and Alex Nowrasteh do not. Nowrasteh pointed to an article from Pro-Life site The Human Life Review, which condemns CIS for hijacking the immigration debate. It accuses CIS of favoring ‘population control’ and associates them with abortion.

The article was written by Mario H. Lopez, President of the Hispanic Leadership Fund, which is a center-right Latino advocacy committee, according to its website. Lopez has connections to the Republican Party through former President George W. Bush and Senator Orrin Hatch. He is hardly a liberal.

“CIS is openly terrified of increases in national population and supportive of trends that show a potential decline in population,” he wrote, going on to say: “To CIS, seemingly every supposed problem in the world can be solved by decreasing the size of the human population.”

https://contemptor.com/2019/01/30/f...k-despite-widespread-criticism-over-findings/

bottlebass

Main Member
Reaction score
BB- you are working a desperately silly line of reasoning here. The point is simple, more security is better than no security. We have a massive border problem that is multi faceted. We need better security at the ports and all points of entry. We need a wall that deters most from crossing. There is no way, ever, to stop every single person from crossing. The point is to lessen the problem in every area- for the good of society and for the good of even those Hispanics who are here. If we can get to a point where we have reasonably secured the border then I think it is reasonable to discuss compromises about who can be documented and remain here as guest workers and have legitimacy. It is insane to just continue to argue about this issue for years on end. Let's take some steps to add the wall, add additional security and clean up our immigration system for the good of everyone who is law abiding and in this nation. If the wall doesn't work then the left can say "we were right" and we can work on other means. But until there is evidence of that it is simply insane not to try something that stands in the way of a bigger resolution of this whole divisive argument.

The 5.7 billion Trump asks for is more than a reasonable ask considering that we have a true crisis in terms of illegal drugs coming across and a true crisis in terms of our national deficits. With illegal immigration costs annually running 100 billion to 150 billion, trying the wall at 5.7 billion is the smartest solution on the table. If the wall is granted and built then Trump will offer compromise on who can continue to be here and how we document them. That would be a great day for our country.

I agree! But we don't have no security as you claim. And unless you will wall off the entire country so no one can go around with a wall tall enough no one can cross it and deep enough no one can go under there is no point. It is that simple. The money would be better spent on a million other things before a partial wall. That is the point. Even you agree we need better security at ports of entry so spend the money there.

diehard

Reaction score
Not equivalent. But keep trying.

What is the reason I can not make a stupid post in regards to your stupid posts. Your ceiling comment is just as dumb as my leave the drugs out for self service in regards to security. Equivalent in stupidity, not in security. There are times I do not mind you presenting an opportunity to make as dumb a comment as you. Picking up on dorker/wtf/4life comments is well below your ability and general history.

bottlebass

Main Member
Reaction score
What is the reason I can not make a stupid post in regards to your stupid posts. Your ceiling comment is just as dumb as my leave the drugs out for self service in regards to security. Equivalent in stupidity, not in security. There are times I do not mind you presenting an opportunity to make as dumb a comment as you. Picking up on dorker/wtf/4life comments is well below your ability.

No it's not. You are asking if the door helps keep people out. If it was just a door with no walls and no ceiling would that door stop anyone? Think about that then answer honestly.

BarnBurner

Reaction score
I agree! But we don't have no security as you claim. And unless you will wall off the entire country so no one can go around with a wall tall enough no one can cross it and deep enough no one can go under there is no point. It is that simple. The money would be better spent on a million other things before a partial wall. That is the point. Even you agree we need better security at ports of entry so spend the money there.

San Diego residents disagree with you. Theiri wall works well.

diehard

Reaction score
Too stupid to think about. If you had your brain switched on it would be hurting right now.

Top Bottom