Domestic Terror Attack - Please Post All Possible Charges and Those Charged Here!!!

howeda7

Reaction score
Seriously, the area around Target Field on Game Day must have every police officer who still works in Minneapolis. On my photos of my trip, I was going to document that, but figured I'd let them do their job.
I transferred from the Green Line to the A line at University and Snelling after the game, and there were six of St. Paul's finest keeping order there on the platform. In a sign of the times, they didn't seem to blink at the guy in front of me pulling a rip off a one hitter. Covid is over, and cannabis is legal, apparently.
Oh my. Someone alert Paul Gazelka.

Gopher_In_NYC

Reaction score
He’s putting season tickets to the twins on the line.
The mythical $5K (which he doesn't now or ever has possessed) which he blithefully stated he'd contribute to Pitino's buyout; I countered that he should donate it to a food bank. Shocker, no receipt has been proffered.

Gopher_In_NYC

Reaction score
200w.gif
Sometimes you gotta take out the trash!!

RememberMurray

Reaction score

Trumper On FBI Capitol Wanted List Attends Giuliani Event For GOPer Who Pushed Big Lie​

FBI suspect Sam Lazar posed for photos with Pennsylvania state Sen. Doug Mastriano, who backed Trump’s efforts to overturn the 2020 election.

Online sleuths know Lazar as #FacePaintBlowhard, and circulated images and videos of him as they traced his actions during the assault on police outside the Capitol. The FBI eventually posted an image of him online, looking for tips about his identity. What the bureau apparently didn’t realize at the time was that the suspect’s name was already public information: Lazar was featured in his local paper days after the Capitol attack after making extensive posts about his activities on Facebook.
A Jan. 10 story on Lancaster Online chronicled some of Lazar’s trip in D.C., sometimes relying on the videos he posted. The story highlighted his military-style outfit and his patch, which read “Blessed be the LORD, my rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle.” In a Facebook post after the Capitol attack, the news outlet reported, Lazar wrote that there was “a time for peace and there’s a time for war. Our constitution allows us to abolish our [government] and install a new one in [its] place.”

Members of an online community working to identify Capitol offenders spotted the man they knew as #FacePaintBlowhard as being among the first to storm through the barricades, yelling in an officer’s face, trying to grab a bike rack away from an officer, using a megaphone to direct the mob to push forward, holding a can of what looks like pepper spray, and then spraying the can at a police line. He also helped the mob use a giant Trump sign as a battering ram against a police line.
In a video shot down the street from the Capitol, Lazar told onlookers that they “maced ’em [law enforcement officers] right the fuck back.”
“Fuck the tyrants,” Lazar said. “We need to hang these motherfuckers.”

howeda7

Reaction score

In a video shot down the street from the Capitol, Lazar told onlookers that they “maced ’em [law enforcement officers] right the fuck back.”
“Fuck the tyrants,” Lazar said. “We need to hang these motherfuckers.”

A "tourist like" event.

STPGopher

Reaction score
Seriously, the area around Target Field on Game Day must have every police officer who still works in Minneapolis. On my photos of my trip, I was going to document that, but figured I'd let them do their job.
I transferred from the Green Line to the A line at University and Snelling after the game, and there were six of St. Paul's finest keeping order there on the platform. In a sign of the times, they didn't seem to blink at the guy in front of me pulling a rip off a one hitter. Covid is over, and cannabis is legal, apparently.
It is one of the things I've admired about St. Paul Police. They actually use discretion. Most all believe in cuffing and bringing in the suspect. Though not perfect, I have nothing but admiration for St. Paul Police.

Spoofin

Reaction score
There is an ongoing DOJ investigation. The FBI is reporting 491 charges from the 1/6 event already - with more to come. All good news - I hope they get them all and it seems to me the DOJ is the right group to investigate this.

So, my question is - What exactly is it that folks think Congress will discover if they investigate that the DOJ won’t? Congress! I suspect they know they will never get 10 R votes in the senate and it is simply theater to cause more OUTRAGE from their base.

Plausible Deniability

Coffee is for closers
Reaction score
There is an ongoing DOJ investigation. The FBI is reporting 491 charges from the 1/6 event already - with more to come. All good news - I hope they get them all and it seems to me the DOJ is the right group to investigate this.

So, my question is - What exactly is it that folks think Congress will discover if they investigate that the DOJ won’t? Congress! I suspect they know they will never get 10 R votes in the senate and it is simply theater to cause more OUTRAGE from their base.

You know the answer to that. Everyone does. "Look over here, look over here!!" so nobody looks over there... sleight of hand, been used by people for centuries to prevent you from seeing certain things going on

RememberMurray

Reaction score

A Republican congressman who denied there was an insurrection and likened Capitol rioters to tourists was photographed barricading the chamber doors against them​

A photo emerged of a GOP lawmaker who last week downplayed the Capitol siege and compared the rioters to tourists barricading the House doors with furniture on January 6.

Rep. Andrew Clyde said during a House oversight committee hearing on Wednesday that it was a "bald-faced lie" to call the riot an insurrection. He said the riot, in which hundreds of Trump supporters breached the Capitol, resembled a "normal tourist visit."

After Clyde's comments, a photographer shared a photo he had taken of Clyde using furniture to barricade the House against rioters trying to force their way in to disrupt the certification of President Joe Biden's election victory. Several people died in the riot.

60a228e31b5cea0019c45438.jpeg

RememberMurray

Reaction score

Mother Of Capitol Officer Brian Sicknick Seeks Meeting With GOP Over Jan. 6 Commission​

The mother of U.S. Capitol Police officer Brian Sicknick, who died after he engaged with rioters during the Jan. 6 Capitol attack, is requesting meetings with Republican leaders to convince them to back a proposed commission to investigate the day’s deadly events.
Senate GOP leaders are expected to block a bipartisan measure to form a 9/11-style commission about the insurrection. Gladys Sicknick first told Politico on Thursday she is seeking sit-downs with Republican senators in the hopes of pushing them to move forward with the commission.

“Not having a January 6 Commission to look into exactly what occurred is a slap in the faces of all the officers who did their jobs that day,” Sicknick said in a statement to Politico. “I suggest that all Congressmen and Senators who are against this Bill visit my son’s grave in Arlington National Cemetery and, while there, think about what their hurtful decisions will do to those officers who will be there for them going forward.”

Brian Sicknick suffered two strokes after he engaged with rioters and died the next day. Though a medical examiner said Sicknick died from natural causes, two men were arrested after spraying Sicknick with chemical spray the day of the attack.

Francisco J. Diaz, Washington, D.C.’s chief medical officer, said “all that transpired played a role in his condition.”

At least 140 other officers were injured in the day’s attack. Two other officers who responded to the Capitol insurrection later died by suicide, including Howie Liebengood, a 15-year veteran of the force whose family has also asked for a Jan. 6 commission.

“We believe a thorough, non-partisan investigation into the root causes of and the response to the January 6th riot is essential for our nation to move forward,” Liebengood’s family said in a statement earlier this month. “Howie’s death was an immediate outgrowth of those events.”

RememberMurray

Reaction score

He Called FBI Agents Nazis. The Feds Just Arrested Him For Storming The Capitol.​

In multiple tweets, Adam Weibling defended the Capitol riot and described its participants as “patriots” and “brave.”

Adam Weibling, a 38-year-old Texas man, made no secret in recent months of his contempt for the FBI, likening its agents to Nazis and “terrorists” in a series of conspiracy-laden tweets. His dislike for them surely grew on Tuesday when they arrested him for storming the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6.
FBI agents arrested Weibling in Katy, Texas, on charges of unlawfully entering restricted grounds and engaging in disorderly conduct inside the Capitol, according to court records. His first virtual appearance in D.C. court is scheduled for June 3.

According to an affidavit filed May 19 in the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia and signed by an FBI task force officer, Weibling can be seen in video recorded by a reporter pushing his way past police in riot gear to get inside the Capitol around 2:30 p.m. on Jan. 6.

Capitol surveillance video showed Weibling looking “disheveled” as he strolled into the building’s Rotunda following his encounter with the police officer, “often placing his hand on his head as if checking for a wound,” the affidavit stated.

STPGopher

Reaction score

Mother Of Capitol Officer Brian Sicknick Seeks Meeting With GOP Over Jan. 6 Commission​

The mother of U.S. Capitol Police officer Brian Sicknick, who died after he engaged with rioters during the Jan. 6 Capitol attack, is requesting meetings with Republican leaders to convince them to back a proposed commission to investigate the day’s deadly events.
Senate GOP leaders are expected to block a bipartisan measure to form a 9/11-style commission about the insurrection. Gladys Sicknick first told Politico on Thursday she is seeking sit-downs with Republican senators in the hopes of pushing them to move forward with the commission.

“Not having a January 6 Commission to look into exactly what occurred is a slap in the faces of all the officers who did their jobs that day,” Sicknick said in a statement to Politico. “I suggest that all Congressmen and Senators who are against this Bill visit my son’s grave in Arlington National Cemetery and, while there, think about what their hurtful decisions will do to those officers who will be there for them going forward.”

Brian Sicknick suffered two strokes after he engaged with rioters and died the next day. Though a medical examiner said Sicknick died from natural causes, two men were arrested after spraying Sicknick with chemical spray the day of the attack.

Francisco J. Diaz, Washington, D.C.’s chief medical officer, said “all that transpired played a role in his condition.”

At least 140 other officers were injured in the day’s attack. Two other officers who responded to the Capitol insurrection later died by suicide, including Howie Liebengood, a 15-year veteran of the force whose family has also asked for a Jan. 6 commission.

“We believe a thorough, non-partisan investigation into the root causes of and the response to the January 6th riot is essential for our nation to move forward,” Liebengood’s family said in a statement earlier this month. “Howie’s death was an immediate outgrowth of those events.”

Let's take this moment to remember that blue lives matter!

THF2293-2.jpg

https://www.thedenverchannel.com/ne...-law-enforcement-with-blue-lives-matter-flags

howeda7

Reaction score

He Called FBI Agents Nazis. The Feds Just Arrested Him For Storming The Capitol.​

In multiple tweets, Adam Weibling defended the Capitol riot and described its participants as “patriots” and “brave.”

Adam Weibling, a 38-year-old Texas man, made no secret in recent months of his contempt for the FBI, likening its agents to Nazis and “terrorists” in a series of conspiracy-laden tweets. His dislike for them surely grew on Tuesday when they arrested him for storming the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6.
FBI agents arrested Weibling in Katy, Texas, on charges of unlawfully entering restricted grounds and engaging in disorderly conduct inside the Capitol, according to court records. His first virtual appearance in D.C. court is scheduled for June 3.

According to an affidavit filed May 19 in the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia and signed by an FBI task force officer, Weibling can be seen in video recorded by a reporter pushing his way past police in riot gear to get inside the Capitol around 2:30 p.m. on Jan. 6.

Capitol surveillance video showed Weibling looking “disheveled” as he strolled into the building’s Rotunda following his encounter with the police officer, “often placing his hand on his head as if checking for a wound,” the affidavit stated.

Just some tourists taking selfies. In Riot Gear.

STPGopher

Reaction score
So run for office when you don't believe in the union?

Also did it ever occur to these fools enemies of the U.S. could have waltzed right in with them? I guess if you are an insurrectionist you don't care who helps your cause.

Go4Broke

Reaction score

Prosecutors announce fresh charges against 'Maga Caravan' leader, others in January 6 insurrection

Kenneth Joseph Owen Thomas, 38, of East Liverpool, Ohio, was arrested in Alabama this week for federal charges that include assaulting, resisting or impeding certain officers; obstruction of law enforcement during civil disorder; and engaging in physical violence on Capitol grounds. Thomas made his initial court appearance in the Northern District of Alabama Wednesday, prosecutors said. He has not entered a plea and information about his attorney was unavailable on Thursday.

The Justice Department has brought federal criminal cases against about 450 people alleged to be connected to the Capitol riot, and in recent weeks, has built out cases against groups of people who traveled to Washington, DC, for Trump rallies on January 5 and 6.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/05/27/politics/january-6-insurrection-charges/index.html

RememberMurray

Reaction score

'This was an attack on our Capitol': Murkowski criticizes GOP colleagues opposing Jan. 6th commission​

The Senate appeared to be heading toward a filibuster of the Jan. 6 commission legislation on Friday.

WASHINGTON — Sen. Lisa Murkowski, R-Alaska, ripped her colleagues who are opposing a bill to investigate Jan. 6 Capitol riot, accusing her party of bending to electoral political concerns while "there's more to be learned."

"We just can't pretend that nothing bad happened, or that people just got too excitable. Something bad happened. And it's important to lay that out," Murkowski told reporters after a vote on the proposed commission was delayed on Thursday night after the Senate grinded to a halt in a fight over a piece of China-focused legislation.

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell has urged Republicans tovote against the commission, calling it a "purely political exercise." Sen. John Thune of South Dakota, the No. 2 Republican in the Senate, told reporters last week that some of his colleagues had concerns that the proposed commission's work could be "weaponized" against them in next year's midterm elections.

Murkowski said Republicans have an obligation to try to look at the truth, regardless of the repercussions

"To be making a decision for the short-term political gain at the expense of understanding and acknowledging what was in front of us, on January 6th I, I think we need to look at that critically," Murkowski said.

"Is that really what this is about? Is everything is just one election cycle after another? Or are we going to acknowledge that as a country that is based on these principles of democracy that we hold so dear" that "we have free and fair elections and we respect the results of those elections and we we allow for a peaceful transition of power," she said. "I kind of want that to endure beyond just one election cycle."

Gopher_In_NYC

Reaction score
More "insurrection", LOL.

There's multiple parts to the Capitol ding bat; there's a Senate and House portion, Sheep.

Tessie, you're brilliant, debonair, smart and sexy; none of the preceding is true either.

Dance Kittty Dance!

Go4Broke

Reaction score

1 in 10 defendants from US Capitol insurrection have military ties

At least 45 of the approximately 450 overall defendants have ties to the US military, according to the CNN review. The bulk of these 45 defendants are veterans, but a handful are still serving, including an active duty Marine Corps officer from Virginia who was arrested earlier this month.

A quarter of the defendants with military ties are also connected to right-wing extremist groups, like the Oath Keepers and Proud Boys. These groups had a big presence at the January 6 riot, and they've attracted significant attention from federal prosecutors investigating the attack and from Pentagon officials who are coming to grips with the problem of extremism in the military.

This is perhaps the most comprehensive analysis to date of the outsized role that veterans played in the insurrection. They represent 10% of all defendants charged in the riot, but only make up about 6% of the US adult population, according to government statistics from recent years. Many of these veterans believed the conspiracy theories about the 2020 election, according to court documents.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/05/28/politics/capitol-insurrection-veterans/index.html

Top Bottom