Do you wear a mask?

When you go out to places like the grocery store, do you wear a mask?

• Yes, I think it helps slow the spread

Votes: 62 42.8%
  • Yes, I'm not sure how much it helps but it's no big deal to wear one

Votes: 38 26.2%
  • Yes, but only because I'm required to

Votes: 12 8.3%
  • No, I don't think it helps

Votes: 15 10.3%
  • No, It's my decision/I'm healthy so not at risk

Votes: 12 8.3%
  • No, They're uncomfortable/can't use them due to a health condition

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • No, it makes us look weak/I'm not going to live in fear

Votes: 9 6.2%
  • Other, post below

Votes: 8 5.5%

• Total voters

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
See my response to @Spoofin, above. I would add that at the federal level, there is frustration with people who are resisting being vaccinated. Quite possibly, the theory that a mask mandate is feeding vaccine hesitancy is actually a sad, actual phenomenon. Part of the calculation could be to figure out a way to get more people to get the vaccine. It's also summer, so the risk is naturally lower.

Just stop with your stupid conspiracy theories. Biden is doing just fine. Not perfect (problems at the border), but overall, we are heading the right direction. Yes, I know you disagree. I'm not going to go back-and-forth with you on this. It's a proven useless exercise.
yes, we’re not close to “heading the right direction”. Except I don’t think he screwed up the vaccination plan left for him by Trump.

I won’t go into that further b/c I know you don’t have the time to respond accordingly.

Last edited:

Plausible Deniability

Coffee is for closers
Reaction score
Rachel Maddow with what is of course not a ridiculous statement, in light of the new CDC guidelines:

“I gonna have to rewire myself so when I see someone out in the world who is not wearing a mask, I don’t instantly think you are a threat.”
“Or, ‘You are selfish or you are a COVID denier and you definitely haven’t been vaccinated.’ I mean, we’re going to have to rewire the way that we look at each other.”

Not a ridiculous or inflammatory point of view at all. Is this really going to change much for you, Rachel? I mean, I'm sure you think thousands and thousands of people are "threats" to you, not just non-mask wearing folks. Gotta be tough to leave the house in her world.

LesBolstad

Reaction score
Yep, our resident amateur epis on GH got it all wrong. Many of us knew this from the start.

1621085021015.png

Angry

Reaction score
Now that this charade is over, the only person who’s ever made a coherent argument for mask wearing is Kelly.

howeda7

Reaction score
The 2024 QOP Convention will have star power coming out of its ears! Ricky Shroder AND Scott Baio? Party like it's 1984 and Morning in America!

STPGopher

Reaction score
200.webp

Spoofin

Reaction score

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Just to make this easier for the lefties that won’t open your article, I’ll quote the article, Biden, Jen Psaki, and Gov Abbott from March 3rd:

President Joe Biden said Wednesday that Texas made a "big mistake" by removing its statewide mask mandate and suggested the decision reflected "Neanderthal thinking."

The comments by the Democratic president came a day after Republican Gov. Greg Abbott announced he was not only ending the mask requirement but also allowing businesses to reopen at full capacity. A small fraction of Texans have been fully vaccinated, and while coronavirus numbers have been generally declining in the state, they remain substantial.

"Texas — I think it's a big mistake," Biden said at the White House. "We are on the cusp of being able to fundamentally change the nature of this disease because the way in which we are able to get vaccines in people's arms. The last thing — the last thing — we need is Neanderthal thinking in the meantime."

Abbott's office responded Wednesday afternoon, saying the he was "clear in telling Texans that COVID hasn’t ended, and that all Texans should follow medical advice and safe practices to continue containing COVID."...

...Asked about the Texas news a short time later, White House press secretary Jen Psaki did not directly address Abbott's actions but said "the entire country has paid the price for political leaders who ignored the science when it comes to the pandemic."

Abbott's announcement came four days after he joined Biden for a tour of Houston that was partly about the state's vaccination efforts. In remarks at the end of the trip, Biden stressed it was "not the time to relax" practices to curb the spread of the virus.

"We have to keep washing our hands, staying socially distanced," Biden said. "And for God’s sake, wear your mask."

Biden was demonstrably WRONG in his comments as witnessed by the graphs below:

A89EFED9-EF91-4132-B179-87B16BDB3518.jpeg
2D5FB8A8-3503-40F6-92D5-063ED3C62C42.jpeg

But the left biased media never utter this reality.

Gopherfan1000

Reaction score
You all better wear a mask or your racist! You better vote for Kamala 2024, too. I will always wear my mask until the Gov tells me it's safe. CNN and mask wearing is my nightly thing.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
It’s now a neurosis. And Nancy Pelosi is using that political theater to keep people neurotic. Despite real science!

GopherJake

Reaction score
You all better wear a mask or your racist! You better vote for Kamala 2024, too. I will always wear my mask until the Gov tells me it's safe. CNN and mask wearing is my nightly thing.
Don't forget your tampons.

Ogee Oglethorpe

Over Macho Grande?
Reaction score
I have no issue with people who want to continue wearing mask, for whatever their own personal reasons may be. We should be 100% fine with that, like we always have. But if you do NOT fall into that demographic, I think it's important to get back to NOT wearing masks as quickly as possible. Not wearing a mask should NOT look unusual. It should look normal.

As mask mandates continue to be lifted, there will be this period in the short term where people are "just not sure" if they are supposed to keep it on, take it off, etc. People need to see more and more people not wearing masks and they will become more comfortable with making it their own decisions on whether or not to continue wearing one.

Pompous Elitist

Reaction score
Is layman mistrust in science (from some, eg GOP ) worse than ignoring science (from others, eg DNC,) ?

Like the police, scientists not calling out/purging their ranks of bad actors, poor studies, and alarmism peddlers has weakened their credibility, maybe permanently. This has been an absolute ****show of a year from the key opinion leaders -in several fields -that will have lasting damage.

BarnBurner

Reaction score
Not any support from the jamm jamm clan for Fauci.
Frauds, all of them.

Pompous Elitist

Reaction score
For example, in the opinion piece I linked above a Harvard professor is seemingly completely ignorant of the results of repealing the mask mandates, quoted below. Considering the outcomes of repealing mask in eg, Texas, her position makes her look like an idiot to a skeptical observer, and in some areas she probably is. Just shut up.

It has mostly been Republican governors resisting mask mandates, even when science showed they slowed the spread of COVID-19. And it was, by and large, Republican governors lifting those mandates in the spring, even while Rochelle Walensky, director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, begged them not to.”

“Everyone deserves accurate information to be presented in an apolitical way and to be addressed with respect and not condescension. But the reality is that most of the science that matters most comes from the government or from scientists funded by the government. Until Republican leaders stop telling voters not to trust the government, many of them won't trust science.””

Norseland Store

Reaction score
Is layman mistrust in science (from some, eg GOP ) worse than ignoring science (from others, eg DNC,) ?

Like the police, scientists not calling out/purging their ranks of bad actors, poor studies, and alarmism peddlers has weakened their credibility, maybe permanently. This has been an absolute ****show of a year from the key opinion leaders -in several fields -that will have lasting damage.

It was all about political science, getting rid of Trump and winning a election. It’s estimated 1/3 of all California restaurants will never reopen, yet the great Fao Chi managed to collect his 417,000 dollar salary

Pompous Elitist

Reaction score
It was all about political science, getting rid of Trump and winning a election. It’s estimated 1/3 of all California restaurants will never reopen, yet the great Fao Chi managed to collect his 417,000 dollar salary

Scientists ignoring the scientific method should not be scientists anymore, but politics has infected everything. The silence has been deafening (mostly) because of academic censorship concerns (journals to institutional) and NIH and other entity funding concerns, and social media censorship. Loud and dissident voices get whacked not only in social media but potentially by higher ups holding purse strings. OTOH, some get rewarded for parroting certain viewpoints.

No bueno. There are still many trying to shed light.

Top Bottom