Do you wear a mask?

When you go out to places like the grocery store, do you wear a mask?

• Yes, I think it helps slow the spread

Votes: 62 43.1%
  • Yes, I'm not sure how much it helps but it's no big deal to wear one

Votes: 37 25.7%
  • Yes, but only because I'm required to

Votes: 12 8.3%
  • No, I don't think it helps

Votes: 15 10.4%
  • No, It's my decision/I'm healthy so not at risk

Votes: 12 8.3%
  • No, They're uncomfortable/can't use them due to a health condition

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • No, it makes us look weak/I'm not going to live in fear

Votes: 9 6.3%
  • Other, post below

Votes: 8 5.6%

• Total voters

Plausible Deniability

Coffee is for closers
Reaction score
S2 brought up Japan, I posted graphs showing a huge variance between their outcomes and ours. The numbers aren't cherry picked and they're not manipulated.
I'm talking about as a whole, in general, almost from the beginning. This dance has been going on for over a year. Piles of data, agenda driven on both sides, it's old and tiresome. If you have to look that hard, if it's not that abundantly and clearly OBVIOUS what the difference in wearing masks is, it is clearly not worth the detrimental effect it has had on our society in terms of depression and chemical abuse, domestic violence increases, etc.

G4Broke is too stupid to realize it but they do a great job on an almost daily basis of showing what a detriment this has had to the people in this country. The inconsistent messaging, the false and misleading data trotted out daily, the contradictory information being put in front of us by the "experts" (on both sides), et al.

justthefacts

Reaction score
I'm talking about as a whole, in general, almost from the beginning. This dance has been going on for over a year. Piles of data, agenda driven on both sides, it's old and tiresome. If you have to look that hard, if it's not that abundantly and clearly OBVIOUS what the difference in wearing masks is, it is clearly not worth the detrimental effect it has had on our society in terms of depression and chemical abuse, domestic violence increases, etc.

G4Broke is too stupid to realize it but they do a great job on an almost daily basis of showing what a detriment this has had to the people in this country. The inconsistent messaging, the false and misleading data trotted out daily, the contradictory information being put in front of us by the "experts" (on both sides), et al.
Masks aren't causing chemical abuse and domestic violence. Come on. I can buy it for lockdowns, but masks strains credulity.

stocker08

Reaction score
I love how Spoofin so badly wants to own the libs that he's supporting anti-mask arguments despite repeatedly saying things like this

Gq5yLpj.png

dpQrsoR.png

Because he is a fraud. Hard righty that attempts to prove his rationality....but in the end....the mask slips and his MAGA comes out to play with the rest of the dotards.

stocker08

Reaction score
No one ever said masks were 100% effective, yet you guys have tried to make this binary argument 100 times on this board. Many factors contribute, but it's ridiculous that you are citing a "spike" that wouldn't even register as a blip in the US

The intellectually dishonest righties here want to push the claim that if the masks don't work 100%....then they don't work at all. Other limiting things like speed limits don't work either. Everyone should drive 100mph down every road.

justthefacts

Reaction score
The intellectually dishonest righties here want to push the claim that if the masks don't work 100%....then they don't work at all. Other limiting things like speed limits don't work either. Everyone should drive 100mph down every road.

You don't HAVE to drive 100mph. It's personal choice with no consequences for any other people.

Spoofin

Reaction score
I love how Spoofin so badly wants to own the libs that he's supporting anti-mask arguments despite repeatedly saying things like this
Could you please point out the "anti-mask argument" I am supporting instead of posts I made 10-months ago? I am still pro mask. I still wear a mask everywhere I go. I did before it was a mandate. I think everyone should wear a mask. I have also said I don't know how much they help, but they can't hurt and it is no trouble to wear. I have also debated with you on how I feel social distancing is a much bigger factor than mask wear.

However, here you go - I'm not ready to believe that masks are the biggest factor in success in Japan and so I am "supporting anti-mask arguments". To the core.

howeda7

Reaction score
In Libertarian/2-topia there are no speed limits and no driver's licenses! Freedom!

justthefacts

Reaction score
Could you please point out the "anti-mask argument" I am supporting instead of posts I made 10-months ago? I am still pro mask. I still wear a mask everywhere I go. I did before it was a mandate. I think everyone should wear a mask. I have also said I don't know how much they help, but they can't hurt and it is no trouble to wear. I have also debated with you on how I feel social distancing is a much bigger factor than mask wear.

However, here you go - I'm not ready to believe that masks are the biggest factor in success in Japan and so I am "supporting anti-mask arguments". To the core.

When you respond to a clearly anti-mask post with a sarcastic post about someone who would argue differently, you're supporting anti-mask arguments.
RtRe3eM.png

When you post in the middle of an argument about whether masks are effective in Japan by pointing out that the reason the deaths are so low ISN'T in fact masks, you're supporting an anti-mask argument.

TPAkJWX.png

Also, when KGF posts a long article basically saying 6 ft doesn't work by making a sarcastic remark about measures designed to enforce social distancing, you're supporting anti-social distancing arguments.

wGRPp0q.png

Spoofin

Reaction score
When you respond to a clearly anti-mask post with a sarcastic post about someone who would argue differently, you're supporting anti-mask arguments.
RtRe3eM.png

When you post in the middle of an argument about whether masks are effective in Japan by pointing out that the reason the deaths are so low ISN'T in fact masks, you're supporting an anti-mask argument.

TPAkJWX.png

Also, when KGF posts a long article basically saying 6 ft doesn't work by making a sarcastic remark about measures designed to enforce social distancing, you're supporting anti-social distancing arguments.

wGRPp0q.png
Yep - as I said.... to the core. All or nothing with you bozos...

Example 1: I make a post making fun of the CRINGY (W-PA) / Howie (spring break in FL) comments from the same timeframe
- You: Anti-Masker

Example 2: I think less obesity in Japan is a bigger factor than mask wear

Example 3: I make fun of the 10pm rule (not the first time) as it was an arbitrary restriction based on zero
- You: Anti-Social Distancer

I'd like to say you are better than this, but you aren't. All in on every single bit of it or I must think COVID is a hoax too. Dishonest to the core.

stocker08

Reaction score
RtRe3eM.png

TPAkJWX.png

wGRPp0q.png

Whether spoof believes the mask mandates are a good thing or not....it's ride or die with the donalds. Sticks with the boys no matter what. These jokers are completely void of principle.

From the Parkinglot

Reaction score
You don't HAVE to drive 100mph. It's personal choice with no consequences for any other people.
I would argue that driving 100 does put other people on the road in danger. Wasn’t that crash in the lowery tunnel a couple of days ago involving speed and didn’t it involve and innocent bystander?

Blizzard

Reaction score
For Heavens sake these people are insane. Who the hell was wearing a mask outdoors to begin with?

howeda7

Reaction score
There are also no roads🤷🏼‍♂️
There are glorious private roads in all large cities with tolls on every corner. But you can drive as fast as you want in between them with no seat belt!

justthefacts

Reaction score
Yep - as I said.... to the core. All or nothing with you bozos...

Example 1: I make a post making fun of the CRINGY (W-PA) / Howie (spring break in FL) comments from the same timeframe

Example 2: I think less obesity in Japan is a bigger factor than mask wear

Example 3: I make fun of the 10pm rule (not the first time) as it was an arbitrary restriction based on zero
- You: Anti-Social Distancer

I'd like to say you are better than this, but you aren't. All in on every single bit of it or I must think COVID is a hoax too. Dishonest to the core.

Me: "supporting anti-mask arguments"
You: "Anti-Masker"
You: "Dishonest to the core."

Spoofin

Reaction score
Me: "supporting anti-mask arguments"
You: "Anti-Masker"
You: "Dishonest to the core."
So supporting anti-mask arguments wouldn't make me an anti-masker?

You produced ridiculous examples trying to prove your point and now are coming back with this garbage? You literally wrote that me thinking that forcing restricted restaurants to close at 10pm is ridiculous makes me against social-distancing. I mean, how can I have an actual conversation with you if you are going to be that dishonest?

justthefacts

Reaction score
So supporting anti-mask arguments wouldn't make me an anti-masker?

You produced ridiculous examples trying to prove your point and now are coming back with this garbage? You literally wrote that me thinking that forcing restricted restaurants to close at 10pm is ridiculous makes me against social-distancing. I mean, how can I have an actual conversation with you if you are going to be that dishonest?

You should put me on ignore. It's not like I'm making money from living in your head.

w3tJ7b2.png
fYZlo7t.png

Section2

Reaction score
There are glorious private roads in all large cities with tolls on every corner. But you can drive as fast as you want in between them with no seat belt!
Who would build the roads? Nobody would. There would be no roads. But thankfully we have a better system. One where Joe Biden on a whim can decide what kind of cigarettes you can buy.

Spoofin

Reaction score
You should put me on ignore. It's not like I'm making money from living in your head.

w3tJ7b2.png
fYZlo7t.png
Right, so you continue to go with that you didn't say I'm anti-social-distancing, just that I "support anit-social distancing arguments" (way different)..... and that thining restricted restaurants shouldn't have had to close at 10pm is "supporting anti-social distancing arguments.

You are literally dishonest. You are figuratively dishonest to the core.

Spoofin

Reaction score
I used to, but now that I see Biden doesn’t when sitting indoors with 90-year olds I’m thinking that it likely isn’t necessary.

Top Bottom