Do you wear a mask?

When you go out to places like the grocery store, do you wear a mask?

• Yes, I think it helps slow the spread

Votes: 62 43.1%
  • Yes, I'm not sure how much it helps but it's no big deal to wear one

Votes: 37 25.7%
  • Yes, but only because I'm required to

Votes: 12 8.3%
  • No, I don't think it helps

Votes: 15 10.4%
  • No, It's my decision/I'm healthy so not at risk

Votes: 12 8.3%
  • No, They're uncomfortable/can't use them due to a health condition

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • No, it makes us look weak/I'm not going to live in fear

Votes: 9 6.3%
  • Other, post below

Votes: 8 5.6%

• Total voters

justthefacts

Reaction score
The peaks were different last spring because of a ramp up and testing and where/when the disease began.

Since then, they have followed your typical coronavirus seasonal pattern regardless of masks and restrictions.

The variant is not just in Michigan, it's everywhere. But heavily restricted Michigan continues to do the worst.

And the variant is not uniform across the US

E7RRhc4.png

Spoofin

Reaction score
How far is Michigan from Western PA - and do Michigan residents like to spring break in FL?

alaska

Reaction score
I can't believe noted epidemiologist ianmSC would make such a simple analytical error

1oEjClB.png

8IVXdMP.png

Oh, and
i1x16LI.png
masks never worked, and now the left has indoctrined most of america to normalize the idea that they can muzzle us at anytime and we dont ask questions. Its bad. real bad.

cncmin

Reaction score
It shows his lack of knowledge and a blind way of following a poitical agenda at all costs.

You cant get covid when your in a room by yourself. It doesn't go through the zoom call.

Uh. No. And if he didn't wear a mask, you same people would be complaining see he doesn't wear a mask why should I have to?!

From the Parkinglot

Reaction score
Uh. No. And if he didn't wear a mask, you same people would be complaining see he doesn't wear a mask why should I have to?!
It’s a phone call. There is no reason to wear a mask on a phone call. I don’t see any newspapers around the country comparing their politicians don’t take Covid seriously cause they didn’t have a mask on during the phone call.

Plausible Deniability

Coffee is for closers
Reaction score
masks never worked, and now the left has indoctrined most of america to normalize the idea that they can muzzle us at anytime and we dont ask questions. Its bad. real bad.
It's cosmetic theater. Nothing more, nothing less. Nobody really disputes this, but we go along with it because we have to keep perpetuating things like this. Like NHL coaches wearing masks on the bench or NFL referees wearing masks during NFL games. Impossible to take people seriously when we're pushing things like this. It's about attempting to normalize

Section2

Reaction score
I would never wear a mask if it wasn’t required by the businesses I enter. Joe Biden or no. And I would NEVER complain about Biden if he didn’t wear a mask. I would respect him more.

justthefacts

Reaction score
I would never wear a mask if it wasn’t required by the businesses I enter. Joe Biden or no. And I would NEVER complain about Biden if he didn’t wear a mask. I would respect him more.

Would you wear a mask in Japan? I've heard from very reliable sources that COVID is running wild over there.

justthefacts

Reaction score
Show me any chart in any country on earth where mask mandates were put into effect, and had a noticeable impact on cases.
I already did. Japan is roughly 10 times as population dense as the US, relies much more heavily on public transportation, and yet has 4.4% as many deaths per capita from COVID and 4.5% as many cases per capita

Section2

Reaction score
I already did. Japan is roughly 10 times as population dense as the US, relies much more heavily on public transportation, and yet has 4.4% as many deaths per capita from COVID and 4.5% as many cases per capita
So the difference is masks. Yet with mask compliance at 98%, why did they see a spike in cases? Oh I know, you don’t like the scale. But that doesn’t excuse the spike.

justthefacts

Reaction score
So the difference is masks. Yet with mask compliance at 98%, why did they see a spike in cases? Oh I know, you don’t like the scale. But that doesn’t excuse the spike.
No one ever said masks were 100% effective, yet you guys have tried to make this binary argument 100 times on this board. Many factors contribute, but it's ridiculous that you are citing a "spike" that wouldn't even register as a blip in the US

Plausible Deniability

Coffee is for closers
Reaction score
Yet again, but apparently it bears repeating, if you really have to work THIS damn hard to connect the dots you want to connect, to see what you want to see, the smallest slight variance in data, to go along with repeatedly manipulation and cherry-picking of data to try to strengthen the already weak narrative on masks, do you really think it's worth all of the negative impacts on our society? Maybe a little benefit-cost analysis is in order here (to go along with a modicum of common sense)?

justthefacts

Reaction score
Yet again, but apparently it bears repeating, if you really have to work THIS damn hard to connect the dots you want to connect, to see what you want to see, the smallest slight variance in data, to go along with repeatedly manipulation and cherry-picking of data to try to strengthen the already weak narrative on masks, do you really think it's worth all of the negative impacts on our society? Maybe a little benefit-cost analysis is in order here (to go along with a modicum of common sense)?

S2 brought up Japan, I posted graphs showing a huge variance between their outcomes and ours. The numbers aren't cherry picked and they're not manipulated.

justthefacts

Reaction score
I’m pretty sure Japan is one of the least obese Countries in the world. 🤷‍♂️
That doesn't explain cases or test positivity, both of which are lower in Japan despite the drastic difference in population density and the fact that the Japanese travel 40x as much by rail not even accounting for population difference.

Section2

Reaction score
S2 brought up Japan, I posted graphs showing a huge variance between their outcomes and ours. The numbers aren't cherry picked and they're not manipulated.
Your post was a non sequitur. They had a large spike in cases after being 98% compliant with masks. All you did was say that their numbers aren’t as bad as ours, which wasn’t the point.

if mask mandates have any effect at all, shouldn’t there be one place in the world where cases were high, a mandate went into effect, and cases dropped the following month?

instead all we get is, “there are lots of factors” and “there is a lot we don’t know”.
The truth: you don’t know if they do anything, you think they should do some good. Then wear one.

Spoofin

Reaction score
That doesn't explain cases or test positivity, both of which are lower in Japan despite the drastic difference in population density and the fact that the Japanese travel 40x as much by rail not even accounting for population difference.

Case count. 🙄

justthefacts

Reaction score
I love how Spoofin so badly wants to own the libs that he's supporting anti-mask arguments despite repeatedly saying things like this

Gq5yLpj.png

dpQrsoR.png

Top Bottom