Do you wear a mask?

When you go out to places like the grocery store, do you wear a mask?

• Yes, I think it helps slow the spread

Votes: 62 42.8%
  • Yes, I'm not sure how much it helps but it's no big deal to wear one

Votes: 38 26.2%
  • Yes, but only because I'm required to

Votes: 12 8.3%
  • No, I don't think it helps

Votes: 15 10.3%
  • No, It's my decision/I'm healthy so not at risk

Votes: 12 8.3%
  • No, They're uncomfortable/can't use them due to a health condition

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • No, it makes us look weak/I'm not going to live in fear

Votes: 9 6.2%
  • Other, post below

Votes: 8 5.5%

• Total voters

Wally

Reaction score
YOU didnt while playin hockey, WALLACE! Exposing yourself and your family.

Hypocrite.

I wore a mask, on my chin.

Wore the N95 in the locker room.

I get my first shot tomorrow so I will probably get Covid when I play hockey tomorrow night.

TheRealMcCoy

Reaction score
Lots of grinding concrete

Thank god for bluetooth headphones and podcasts...
Yeah I’m not a fan of concrete. I used to be a laborer for McGough. I’ve done a concrete pour or two. Silicosis is nothing to play around with. I’d say I’m actually more afraid of developing silicosis than I will ever be of something like covid.

Section2

Reaction score
I wasn’t calling skeptics conspiracy theorists. I’m talking about the links and stories you and others link as “proof” masks don’t work. Almost all of them are written by people with no experience in research and many themselves are people that like to twist the truth or flat out lie for personal gain. Let’s just say they’re not the best resources to go to for interpreting research.
I think that’s fair. But I also quoted the WHO.

Section2

Reaction score
I don't know exactly why and I don't understand why any person's mind would ever work that way, but to those people, experts are not to be trusted but hucksters and con artists who tell them what they want to hear, well they can't get enough of that.
Public health experts? Yes. Not to be trusted. In fact, no experts employed by the government should be trusted. They have shown skill in navigating the political landscape to get to their positions. It’s essentially disqualifying. There are exceptions, but it’s really not worth spending time finding out which ones. The past few years have seen the total erosion of trust in most of our institutions.

TheRealMcCoy

Reaction score
I wasn’t calling skeptics conspiracy theorists. I’m talking about the links and stories you and others link as “proof” masks don’t work. Almost all of them are written by people with no experience in research and many themselves are people that like to twist the truth or flat out lie for personal gain. Let’s just say they’re not the best resources to go to for interpreting research.
I’d like to know if Fauci is the expert that we’re supposed to trust above all else through Covid, then how many deaths was he responsible for when he originally said there was no need for mask wearing? Remember that? I mean what “expert” with the loudest voice throughout covid so far are we to trust?

Wally

Reaction score
I’d say I’m actually more afraid of developing silicosis than I will ever be of something like covid.
Its as dangerous as asbestos, the only reason they don't regulate it as such is because it would literally halt all construction because everything is made of concrete. I spend most days grinding concrete dry, it might very well kill me.

GophersInIowa

Reaction score
I’d like to know if Fauci is the expert that we’re supposed to trust above all else through Covid, then how many deaths was he responsible for when he originally said there was no need for mask wearing? Remember that? I mean what “expert” with the loudest voice throughout covid so far are we to trust?
You take all experts opinions into account. But being an expert doesn’t mean they have all the answers from the beginning.

TheRealMcCoy

Reaction score
Its as dangerous as asbestos, the only reason they don't regulate it as such is because it would literally halt all construction because everything is made of concrete. I spend most days grinding concrete dry, it might very well kill me.
Yeah if they regulated silica the way they do asbestos we’d all be out of work. Maybe someday they’ll find a composite or synthetic material that can replace it effectively and safely. Wonder if that’s even something they’re looking into. I hope you don’t ever develop silicosis, I’ve heard it’s a miserable way to go

Section2

Reaction score
But again the WHO isn’t saying masks don’t work.
The onus is on the mask mandaters and Karen’s shrieking at people in public to prove they work. WHO says no conclusive evidence masks work. If you can’t prove something works, you generally just assume it does anyway?

Section2

Reaction score
lol. Republicans have been sabotaging government for decades, then complain that it doesn't work. Brilliant.
Democrats have had total control of almost every major city in the US for decades. No sabotage. Total control. Results? Doesn’t work.

Section2

Reaction score
You mean our wise regulators would look the other way on something that might affect public safety? But they’re EXPERTS!

cncmin

Reaction score
About as good of a response as you could make. Nicely done.
That's my response when I roll my eyes at you and shrug my shoulders. Sometimes you just let "that guy" carry on unchecked in his insanity. I like bantering with you, but I just don't have the energy to correct all of your very many logical errors. Carry on!

Section2

Reaction score
That's my response when I roll my eyes at you and shrug my shoulders. Sometimes you just let "that guy" carry on unchecked in his insanity. I like bantering with you, but I just don't have the energy to correct all of your very many logical errors. Carry on!
A full paragraph to tell me you don’t have time to respond! This clearly signals to the board that you could have easily dispatched with my argument but just didn’t have time.

GophersInIowa

Reaction score
The onus is on the mask mandaters and Karen’s shrieking at people in public to prove they work. WHO says no conclusive evidence masks work. If you can’t prove something works, you generally just assume it does anyway?
It’s something that’s almost impossible to prove. I assume it works because a majority of the people that actually study these things say it works. The disagreement within the scientific community is more as to how much it helps. My stance has always been that doing something that is so easy and simple to do, regardless if it helps just a little or a lot, is well worth it.

cncmin

Reaction score
It’s something that’s almost impossible to prove. I assume it works because a majority of the people that actually study these things say it works. The disagreement within the scientific community is more as to how much it helps. My stance has always been that doing something that is so easy and simple to do, regardless if it helps just a little or a lot, is well worth it.
This.

Notably, the same dude claims that private roads will solve all of the world's problems and even slice everyone's bread. Without any proof, of course.

cncmin

Reaction score
A full paragraph to tell me you don’t have time to respond! This clearly signals to the board that you could have easily dispatched with my argument but just didn’t have time.
A new subject that I could spend hours debunking you just to watch you pretzel. Again. Or, I can roll my eyes at you, shrug my shoulders, eat my snack, fill the dishwasher, and go to bed. The latter is so very, very, very much more appealing tonight.

Wally

Reaction score
Yeah if they regulated silica the way they do asbestos we’d all be out of work. Maybe someday they’ll find a composite or synthetic material that can replace it effectively and safely. Wonder if that’s even something they’re looking into. I hope you don’t ever develop silicosis, I’ve heard it’s a miserable way to go
Its pretty tough to find a replacement for sand.

I wear my N95 religiously and the vacuums are good but there is no way around making some dust. I hope the mask is working.

Section2

Reaction score
This.

Notably, the same dude claims that private roads will solve all of the world's problems and even slice everyone's bread. Without any proof, of course.
Totally not a straw man.

Section2

Reaction score
It’s something that’s almost impossible to prove. I assume it works because a majority of the people that actually study these things say it works. The disagreement within the scientific community is more as to how much it helps. My stance has always been that doing something that is so easy and simple to do, regardless if it helps just a little or a lot, is well worth it
We are a long ways away from proof. The WHO says limited and inconsistent evidence! Not proof. Evidence!

of course, you trust the people who say it works. And you trust the people that say the link I posted is debunked. You may be right on that.

I think you are very wrong that mask wearing is well worth it, if it does nothing.

GopherJake

Reaction score
Your logic fail was deflection. Your response had nothing to do with your original comment which was called out. You pivoted to something new. You proved nothing. Posters here are under no obligation to chase you around for another 400 posts to get you on-track. You lost this round with a logic fail.

BarnBurner

Reaction score
We are a long ways away from proof. The WHO says limited and inconsistent evidence! Not proof. Evidence!

of course, you trust the people who say it works. And you trust the people that say the link I posted is debunked. You may be right on that.

I think you are very wrong that mask wearing is well worth it, if it does nothing.
GII cant bring himself to admit the obvious......

BarnBurner

Reaction score
but but but but SCIENCE!

Plausible Deniability

Coffee is for closers
Reaction score
True story. Now let's think together. What corresponded with that?
This is a very good question and a good point to bring up. The first two things that leap to mind for most people would be the debacle surrounding Comey, Wray, Strzok and the FBI actively working to sabotage and undermine the Prez of the US and the weaponizing of the IRS by Prez Obama against GOP voters and donors. There are a litany of others but those are the first two that come to mind.

At this point, who can believe anything that comes out of the FBI or the DOJ? From 2016 to 2018, the FBI essentially lost almost all credibility with most of the American people with how they stepped all over their dicks every step of the way trying to "get" the newly elected Prez.

Top Bottom