Do you wear a mask?

When you go out to places like the grocery store, do you wear a mask?

• Yes, I think it helps slow the spread

Votes: 62 43.1%
  • Yes, I'm not sure how much it helps but it's no big deal to wear one

Votes: 37 25.7%
  • Yes, but only because I'm required to

Votes: 12 8.3%
  • No, I don't think it helps

Votes: 15 10.4%
  • No, It's my decision/I'm healthy so not at risk

Votes: 12 8.3%
  • No, They're uncomfortable/can't use them due to a health condition

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • No, it makes us look weak/I'm not going to live in fear

Votes: 9 6.3%
  • Other, post below

Votes: 8 5.6%

• Total voters

cncmin

Reaction score
Masks don’t work. Especially not the little cloth ones, gaiters, etc. If you don’t have an almost perfect seal around your face, you’re doing nothing to prevent spread of anything...fully. Might catch a few droplets, but all of this is really just a way for those in power to show everyone how dominant they are, and how well they’ve brainwashed all of you. And anyone that really cares about forcing people to abide the mask mandates is really just a loser that feels helpless in their personal life and wants a share of the power. The virtue signaling is off the charts in the last couple years
"Masks don't work." Great post! I love learning from experts like yourself. Now, please explain the difference in viral plumes as a function of type of mask and compare these to plumes expelled from people without masks. Then explain air flow differences (if any) around the face of a person wearing a mask versus that of a person not wearing a mask. Explain viral flow and transmission into the lungs of a person breathing through a mask damp with their own breath versus viral flow into the lungs of the same person without a mask. Explain average rates of viral transmission in a room of static air as a function of distance from an infected person in cases where no masks are worn, and compare this to similar rates when everyone is wearing a mask, and relate this to the likelihood of viral spread as a function of a person's stay in such a room. Finally, explain the relationship of viral concentration profile into the lungs and the statistical relationship of outcomes.

Once you've explained all that, we can revisit your "masks don't work" post. I mean, this is some really, really strong science and logic you've employed above, so I'm looking forward to your explanations of physics and virology.

TheRealMcCoy

Reaction score
"Masks don't work." Great post!! Now, please explain the difference in viral plumes as a function of type of mask and compare these to plumes expelled from people without masks. Then explain air flow differences (if any) around the face of a person wearing a mask versus that of a person not wearing a mask. Finally, explain the relationship of viral concentration profile into the lungs and the statistical relationship of outcomes.

Once you've explained all that, we can revisit your "masks don't work" post. I mean, this is some really, really strong logic you've employed above, so I'm looking forward to your explanations of physics and virology.
Science has done a great job so far hasn’t it? You cling to your scientific community, because we all know how great a job Fauci has done. I’ll keep going with simple observations. Like how we have to wear masks on our jobsite 100% of the day, and most people are wearing a dinky gaiter or cloth mask, 16 of us got covid in 2 days. We all worked on the same floor of the jobsite. All working in our own area, and another detail that seems fairly important to point out is that the windows hadn’t been put in on the floor we were on, so we had constant fresh airflow (no enclosed area). If distancing in combination with mask wearing works, we shouldn’t have had 16 people all infected on the same floor while we were all distanced and wearing masks every single day. There have been plenty of researchers that have tried coming forward about mask wearing and distancing, but the media has been pretty effective at silencing them. YouTube has done a great job of banning any videos that get out about these topics too.

cncmin

Reaction score
Science has done a great job so far hasn’t it? You cling to your scientific community, because we all know how great a job Fauci has done. I’ll keep going with simple observations. Like how we have to wear masks on our jobsite 100% of the day, and most people are wearing a dinky gaiter or cloth mask, 16 of us got covid in 2 days. We all worked on the same floor of the jobsite. All working in our own area, and another detail that seems fairly important to point out is that the windows hadn’t been put in on the floor we were on, so we had constant fresh airflow (no enclosed area). If distancing in combination with mask wearing works, we shouldn’t have had 16 people all infected on the same floor while we were all distanced and wearing masks every single day. There have been plenty of researchers that have tried coming forward about mask wearing and distancing, but the media has been pretty effective at silencing them. YouTube has done a great job of banning any videos that get out about these topics too.

We all knew no one was supposed to be wearing a gaiter. Gaiters have almost no resistance to viral transmission. If you didn't want to get covid, then why didn't you ask them to wear something better/appropriate? Better yet, why didn't you wear an N95? Your bad experience in a workplace improperly following guidance is not a good example of why "masks don't work", rather, it's an example of a bunch of uninformed and misinformed people not doing things properly in an environment that wasn't set up to work properly. At best, it's an example of statistics in that masks cannot prevent all transmission. Proper masking reduces transmission. That's all. No one ever said "prevent". And stop with the conspiracy garbage. Masks are effective at reducing rates of transmission, period.

Last edited:

TheRealMcCoy

Reaction score
Masks are just too much for you to bear. waaaaa
It’s not that they’re too much to bear. It’s that I’ve had covid, as far as I’ve seen there are too few a number of proven reinfection cases to support that I’m a further risk to anyone by not wearing a mask. There’s no point for me to wear a mask, and it’s just a virtue signal. “Oh hey everybody look at me with my designer mask! Mine is a cool MN Gopher mask! I’m not only obedient, but stylish too!”

TheRealMcCoy

Reaction score
We all knew no one was supposed to be wearing a gaiter. If you didn't want to get covid, then why didn't you ask them to wear something better? Better yet, why didn't you wear an N95?
Trying to force people to comply with an unjustifiable rule is where I take an issue. I didn’t care about getting covid. I was literally never afraid of contracting it.

cncmin

Reaction score
Trying to force people to comply with an unjustifiable rule is where I take an issue. I didn’t care about getting covid. I was literally never afraid of contracting it.
The rules were better than none. You just happened to get it. You had to wear a mask. SO WHAT? Stop being a snowflake. Your ancestors didn't work their asses off, toiling in fields, working in factories, fighting in wars, to end up with offspring that were such pansies that whine about such a tough life wearing a mask during work. Dear lord, you need to grow a pair.

TheRealMcCoy

Reaction score
The rules were better than none. You just happened to get it. You had to wear a mask. SO WHAT? Stop being a snowflake. Your ancestors didn't work their asses off, toiling in fields, working in factories, fighting in wars, to end up with offspring that were such pansies that whine about such a tough life wearing a mask during work. Dear lord, you need to grow a pair.
Our ancestors didn’t fight against totalitarian regimes just to let one take over their country. You’re a clown

cncmin

Reaction score
Our ancestors didn’t fight against totalitarian regimes just to let one take over their country. You’re a clown
Your company making you wear a mask at work = "TOTALITARIAN!!!!!!!!!!!!" JHFC. You haven't spent an hour of hard work in your life, have you?

Last edited:

TheRealMcCoy

Reaction score
Your company making you wear a mask at work = "TOTALITARIAN" JHFC you lameass. You haven't spent an hour of hard work in your life, have you?
You think it’s only about masks in the workplace? I was point that part out just to discuss how masks don’t work...making mask mandates is most definitely not the only part of all of this that is totalitarian. Masks in all public areas, kids having to stay home from school, making kids wear masks and miss all social interaction, telling us we had curfews when things first started (as if covid is a night owl or something), the push for a vaccine passport, denying travel to unvaccinated people, firing employees for deciding to opt out of vaccinating because they’re pregnant (New York case), executive orders to make more gun laws, allowing rich and wealthy people to go about their business with holidays, but us middle and lower class folk can’t go to ours. Rich get club seating to sporting events, we can’t even go. No church, but by all means go protest. It’s all about exercising control over us. The rules make zero sense, and are filled with glaring hypocrisy. And you’re totally fine with it

cncmin

Reaction score
You think it’s only about masks in the workplace? I was point that part out just to discuss how masks don’t work...making mask mandates is most definitely not the only part of all of this that is totalitarian. Masks in all public areas, kids having to stay home from school, making kids wear masks and miss all social interaction, telling us we had curfews when things first started (as if covid is a night owl or something), the push for a vaccine passport, denying travel to unvaccinated people, firing employees for deciding to opt out of vaccinating because they’re pregnant (New York case), executive orders to make more gun laws, allowing rich and wealthy people to go about their business with holidays, but us middle and lower class folk can’t go to ours. Rich get club seating to sporting events, we can’t even go. No church, but by all means go protest. It’s all about exercising control over us. The rules make zero sense, and are filled with glaring hypocrisy. And you’re totally fine with it
You already told us all that your company allowed gaiters, and that many of the people around you wore them. So you choose to go with "mask wearing doesn't work" because a bunch of clueless numbskulls in your workplace didn't wear decent masks and you all spread Covid amongst yourselves. Well DUH. Yours is a complete logic fail.

If you want to talk about unequal rules and stuff like that, sure, there is plenty of that going around. But that's not what you said above. You said "masks don't work", which is false on its face. Stick to arguments that are sensical, and we can all have a good discussion. Start throwing around garbage and lies and equating mask wearing mandates with totalitariansim and all that does is make you look like a fool.

TheRealMcCoy

Reaction score
Your company making you wear a mask at work = "TOTALITARIAN!!!!!!!!!!!!" JHFC. You haven't spent an hour of hard work in your life, have you?
I work 40 hard hours of work a week as a carpenter. Sometimes in -20 degree weather on a rooftop building a steel stud drift house in 3 feet of snow, sometimes working in a boom lift in 105 degree weather on exterior framing and hanging dense glass, sometimes in pouring rain. I work for a commercial drywall and steel stud framing company. Bet you couldn’t even lift a 12x4 sheet of 5/8th drywall

TheRealMcCoy

Reaction score
You already told us all that your company allowed gaiters, and that many of the people around you wore them. So you choose to go with "mask wearing doesn't work" because a bunch of clueless numbskulls in your workplace didn't wear decent masks and you all spread Covid amongst yourselves. Well DUH. Yours is a complete logic fail.
I’m saying that masks don’t work because the overwhelming majority of the public is wearing gaiters and dinky cloth masks that provide little to no actual protection. It’s not just people at my work. It’s the majority of “numbskulls” on the streets, or in Target, or at Cub.

TheRealMcCoy

Reaction score
If you’re going to mandate that people wear masks with such low standards as to what those “masks” can be, what the hell is the point of the mandate? Stop being a clown

Costa Rican Gopher

Mind of a Scientist
Reaction score

The only way any of this makes sense, is if you suspend common sense. If masks worked to stop viruses, we would have worn them prior to Covid. Certainly hospital personnel would have! Also lacking in common sense, is quarantining the healthy! It was completely illogical. The totalitarian nature of it all is disgusting. The suspension of the constitution, arresting people for attending church, etc. All a power play. All for the advancement of a globalist political agenda.

Again...people need to use common sense. If Nancy Pelosi, Gavin Newsome, Gretchen Whitmer, Diane Feinstein, Dr Fauci, Dr Bix, Mayor Lightfoot, Mayor DiBlasio, Chris Cuomo, school teachers who went on strike due to the fears of Covid, but brought their own kids to private schools, or any of the people pushing masks, lockdowns, school closings & the stripping our constitutional rights, actually believed their lives, or the lives of their loved ones were at risk from Covid, there's no way they would skip the mask, social distancing & travel restrictions.

People knee-jerk to the "what hypocrisy!" position when they see the White liberal elites flaunting the rules they placed on the working people, but the real take away should be "they're obviously not concerned, why should we be?".

Costa Rican Gopher

Mind of a Scientist
Reaction score
Well, at least I thought it was funny...Was hoping for at least a chuckle 😔

When I walk around Trader Joe's in my sealed, full, over-the-head respirator mask & see all the inconsiderate super spreaders, in their cloth or paper masks, I know they don't care about protecting the elderly & people of color. It triggers me so badly that I have to run to the car & listen to MPR to calm down.

Nax5

Reaction score
When I walk around Trader Joe's in my sealed, full, over-the-head respirator mask & see all the inconsiderate super spreaders, in their cloth or paper masks, I know they don't care about protecting the elderly & people of color. It triggers me so badly that I have to run to the car & listen to MPR to calm down.
Always took you for more of a Wal-Mart guy.

Wally

Reaction score
"If the mask mandates actually worked.....nobody would be catching the virus any longer" - Right wing Donalds as they ignore the mandate and continue breathing on each other.

They are saying we should have went Australia and New Zealand I guess. Can't say that didn't work B's.

Now seriously, I get my shot tomorrow, so 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Wally

Reaction score
Like how we have to wear masks on our jobsite 100% of the day, and most people are wearing a dinky gaiter or cloth mask, 16 of us got covid in 2 days. We all worked on the same floor of the jobsite. All working in our own area,

Dumb F's, if your wearing a mask why not wear an N95 or KN95?
Its more comfortable, easier to breathe and actually protects you. No brainer.

TheRealMcCoy

Reaction score
Dumb F's, if your wearing a mask why not wear an N95 or KN95?
Its more comfortable, easier to breathe and actually protects you. No brainer.
We’re not afraid of covid maybe. Maybe we didn’t want to spend the time to hunt down N95’s, I remember them being difficult to find for awhile.

Wally

Reaction score
We’re not afraid of covid maybe. Maybe we didn’t want to spend the time to hunt down N95’s, I remember them being difficult to find for awhile.

Why not wear a mask that works if you have to wear one?

Why don't u use a fake seatbelt so the cops can't tell?

TheRealMcCoy

Reaction score
Why not wear a mask that works if you have to wear one?

Why don't u use a fake seatbelt so the cops can't tell?
Because gaiters are more breathable and comfortable for me personally. I feel claustrophobic with masks. Always have. And sometimes if I see a cop ahead, I do just pull my belt across my chest quick until I pass the cop. I think seatbelts should be a choice if you have no passengers in the vehicle

Wally

Reaction score
Because gaiters are more breathable and comfortable for me personally. I feel claustrophobic with masks. Always have. And sometimes if I see a cop ahead, I do just pull my belt across my chest quick until I pass the cop. I think seatbelts should be a choice if you have no passengers in the vehicle
I hate cloth masks, N95s are comfortable. I wear one all day at work otherwise I will end up dead from Silicosis.

Top Bottom