Do you wear a mask?

When you go out to places like the grocery store, do you wear a mask?

• Yes, I think it helps slow the spread

Votes: 60 43.5%
  • Yes, I'm not sure how much it helps but it's no big deal to wear one

Votes: 36 26.1%
  • Yes, but only because I'm required to

Votes: 12 8.7%
  • No, I don't think it helps

Votes: 13 9.4%
  • No, It's my decision/I'm healthy so not at risk

Votes: 12 8.7%
  • No, They're uncomfortable/can't use them due to a health condition

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • No, it makes us look weak/I'm not going to live in fear

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • Other, post below

Votes: 7 5.1%

• Total voters

Wally

Reaction score
I want them to get rid of masks, the more dummies dead the better. I will wear my N95 until I get vaccinated either way.

Spoofin

Reaction score
I want them to get rid of masks, the more dummies dead the better. I will wear my N95 until I get vaccinated either way.
Unless you are playing hockey, at which point you won’t wear a mask. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Go4Broke

Reaction score

When Texas ended its mask mandate, the event cancellations started — and the losses are adding up

At least four organizations canceled conferences or conventions in Austin, citing health concerns after Texas ended its statewide mask mandate earlier this month. The cancellations cost the Hilton Austin hotel $350,000 in revenue, according to Austin Convention Enterprises, a city-created corporation that owns and manages the hotel.

“These were rooms that were already on the books, and largely what we saw was fallout, ironically, from the governor opening the economy,” said Joe Bolash, Hilton Austin general manager, during a March 16 Austin Convention Enterprises board meeting. “It was groups that were not comfortable returning to a fully opened economy where there was no mask mandate in place.”

Jimmy Flannigan, ACE president and former Austin City Council member, said these cancellations are the latest blow to the hospitality industry in Austin, which has already suffered severe losses due to the coronavirus pandemic. Flannigan declined to share the names of the organizations that canceled the events. However, he said three of them “had relationships in the medical field” and were concerned with “the message that medical groups might be sending” if they hosted events in Texas.

“Nothing will help the return of the economy more than the prevention and the public health requirements to arrest the spread of this virus,” he said. “And I hope that the governor lifting the mask mandate ends up not being a horrible decision as it relates to the health of Texas.”

https://www.texastribune.org/2021/03/25/conventions-texas-mask-mandate/

Wally

Reaction score
Unless you are playing hockey, at which point you won’t wear a mask. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
I wear it, on my chin. If I could wear it, I would but most people playing are like me, even the refs have theirs down most of the time. My kids don't wear masks in swimming either.😯 At least I cut down to hockey once a week.

I still wear my N95 in the locker room.

Say what you want, I will admit to even my contradictions which is more than I can say for most people.

GoodasGold

Reaction score

When Texas ended its mask mandate, the event cancellations started — and the losses are adding up

At least four organizations canceled conferences or conventions in Austin, citing health concerns after Texas ended its statewide mask mandate earlier this month. The cancellations cost the Hilton Austin hotel $350,000 in revenue, according to Austin Convention Enterprises, a city-created corporation that owns and manages the hotel.

“These were rooms that were already on the books, and largely what we saw was fallout, ironically, from the governor opening the economy,” said Joe Bolash, Hilton Austin general manager, during a March 16 Austin Convention Enterprises board meeting. “It was groups that were not comfortable returning to a fully opened economy where there was no mask mandate in place.”

Jimmy Flannigan, ACE president and former Austin City Council member, said these cancellations are the latest blow to the hospitality industry in Austin, which has already suffered severe losses due to the coronavirus pandemic. Flannigan declined to share the names of the organizations that canceled the events. However, he said three of them “had relationships in the medical field” and were concerned with “the message that medical groups might be sending” if they hosted events in Texas.

“Nothing will help the return of the economy more than the prevention and the public health requirements to arrest the spread of this virus,” he said. “And I hope that the governor lifting the mask mandate ends up not being a horrible decision as it relates to the health of Texas.”

https://www.texastribune.org/2021/03/25/conventions-texas-mask-mandate/
Can’t legislate stupidity. 😟

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Hahahahahahahahaha!!!!!

Yesss!!! I literally just clapped right now, when the car window broke.

Take that, you pathetic b____rd!

MplsGopher

Reaction score
https://www.businessinsider.com/cdc-director-data-vaccinated-people-do-not-carry-covid-19-2021-3

CDC director says data 'suggests that vaccinated people do not carry the virus'

My vax appointments will be coming up next month. Once I'm vaccinated, and enough others are that we can drop state law requirements for masks, and establishments no longer require them ..... I will no longer wear it. And I will be very happy about that.

Until then, I will continue to comply. Because I accept the responsibility of not infringing upon others' rights to not be an unreasonable risk to their safety in public.

Wally

Reaction score

Sarah Palin Reveals COVID Diagnosis and 'Bizarre' Symptoms, Urges Others to Continue Wearing Masks​

Costa Rican Gopher

Mind of a Scientist
Reaction score
I wear it, on my chin. If I could wear it, I would but most people playing are like me, even the refs have theirs down most of the time. My kids don't wear masks in swimming either.😯 At least I cut down to hockey once a week.

I still wear my N95 in the locker room.

Say what you want, I will admit to even my contradictions which is more than I can say for most people.

Translation = I'm virtue signalling

MplsGopher

Reaction score
^^ whenever these loud pronouncements come out about some new "anti-" study, inexoriably they get torn to shreds once people start actually looking at the details of what is said.

I'll just wait for that.

Top Bottom