Do you wear a mask?

When you go out to places like the grocery store, do you wear a mask?

• Yes, I think it helps slow the spread

Votes: 60 43.5%
  • Yes, I'm not sure how much it helps but it's no big deal to wear one

Votes: 36 26.1%
  • Yes, but only because I'm required to

Votes: 12 8.7%
  • No, I don't think it helps

Votes: 13 9.4%
  • No, It's my decision/I'm healthy so not at risk

Votes: 12 8.7%
  • No, They're uncomfortable/can't use them due to a health condition

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • No, it makes us look weak/I'm not going to live in fear

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • Other, post below

Votes: 7 5.1%

• Total voters

BarnBurner

Reaction score
Then it’s not a debate. Thanks for proving my point.

It’s a concern, however the decision to completely open up Texas has a significantly bigger impact. There’s no evidence that migrants are causing large spreading. The areas in Texas that have the worst numbers are not near the border.

I haven’t seen you ever express outrage over sexual assaults so I guess that means you’re ok with it. I can’t comment on every single thing I’m concerned with or disagree with.
You sure pick the liberal side every time. Just an observation. That is not debatable.

You of all posters who started the Do you west a mask thread. No comment on illegals entering the country with the rona. Silence.

GophersInIowa

Reaction score
You sure pick the liberal side every time. Just an observation. That is not debatable.

You of all posters who started the Do you west a mask thread. No comment on illegals entering the country with the rona. Silence.
That’s exactly the problem now days. I don’t fall in line so I’m clearly the complete opposite. The Republican Party has become a massive joke lately IMO and the further they keep going in this direction, the stronger the Democratic Party will get. Which is exactly what I don’t want to happen. I don’t expect you to understand because I don’t think you’ll even try.

Also I thought I just did comment on it? Not good enough for you? There’s no evidence they’re large spreaders. The words of politicians isn’t evidence.

But I apologize, next time I’ll understand my priorities and, instead of taking care of my wife who’s having a hard time with her pregnancy, I’ll make sure to research and comment on everything controversial just for you.

BarnBurner

Reaction score
That’s exactly the problem now days. I don’t fall in line so I’m clearly the complete opposite. The Republican Party has become a massive joke lately IMO and the further they keep going in this direction, the stronger the Democratic Party will get. Which is exactly what I don’t want to happen. I don’t expect you to understand because I don’t think you’ll even try.

Also I thought I just did comment on it? Not good enough for you? There’s no evidence they’re large spreaders. The words of politicians isn’t evidence.

But I apologize, next time I’ll understand my priorities and, instead of taking care of my wife who’s having a hard time with her pregnancy, I’ll make sure to research and comment on everything controversial just for you.
No evidence? Really???? From the guy insisting masks are the end all???

What specific evidence would you like from the illegal folks running in the USA?

Spoofin

Reaction score

I feel you, man.
Thoughts and prayers for your wife.

LesBolstad

Reaction score
Fauci is frickin 80 years old! He's in the top 5%

Haha, this response is the joke and completely confirms BB assertion. You're a closeminded leftist.

On a side note, good luck to your wife and pregnancy.

GophersInIowa

Reaction score
Fauci is frickin 80 years old! He's in the top 5%

Haha, this response is the joke and completely confirms BB assertion. You're a closeminded leftist.

On a side note, good luck to your wife and pregnancy.
You guys are proving my point and can’t even see it.

And thank you.

Gopher_In_NYC

Reaction score
List of reasons I can think of, just off the top of my head and without surveying a 1000 people on the street, why people may not want to get vaccinated:

- Never got the flu shot in years past, not that excited about getting this one
- Don't like needles
- Hearing stories about how long the lines are to wait to get a shot
- Having to go TWICE, on separate occasions, to get the shot (other than the J&J shot)
- Not thrilled about getting a relatively new vaccine that was extremely rushed through production and just haven't seen enough data and information on any potential side effects or long term effects
- Hearing bad stories about people having bad reactions to the first shot or the second shot, or both
- Without doing a lot of homework and research, not even sure how/where you can get a shot and how they are prioritizing who gets shots; basically unsure of whether or not or when they would be eligible
- Just plain don't think they are at that much risk with COVID for various reasons
- Or just plain would rather wait a little bit to have a little bit higher level of confidence in the shot

But sure, hey, keep telling everyone that it's just TRUMPERS!! or QOP'ers!! that don't want to get vaccinated. I know that's what helps you sleep at night, knowing who your boogeyman is.

Last time I checked you are not being forced to take it - LOL - so don't you narcissistic whiner.

Last edited:

GophersInIowa

Reaction score
No evidence? Really???? From the guy insisting masks are the end all???

What specific evidence would you like from the illegal folks running in the USA?
Where’s the evidence all these people are infected and not wearing masks? Why aren’t border areas seeing big increases in infections?

It’s a concern, absolutely. But to act like this will be a greater impact on infections than completely lifting all restrictions in Texas is ridiculous and is just an attempt at distraction.

BarnBurner

Reaction score
Where’s the evidence all these people are infected and not wearing masks? Why aren’t border areas seeing big increases in infections?

It’s a concern, absolutely. But to act like this will be a greater impact on infections than completely lifting all restrictions in Texas is ridiculous and is just an attempt at distraction.
Where was the evidence people not wearing masks were infected prior to mask mandate?

best of health to your mrs. And junior.

GophersInIowa

Reaction score
The same reason people don’t mention that vaccinations cause people to grow a third arm. It isn’t true.

Wally

Reaction score
The same reason people don’t mention that vaccinations cause people to grow a third arm. It isn’t true.

I wesr a mask pretty much everyday all day at work, before, during and after Covid. Its not fun, but it ain't going to kill ya.

John Galt

Reaction score
If you believe in masks so much, feel free to wear 5 of them. That should more than offset the impact of anyone who chooses not to.

Wally

Reaction score
Meanwhile
Texas Roadhouse CEO 'took his own life' amid 'unbearable' COVID-19-related symptoms, family says

MplsGopher

Reaction score

Asking questions / challenging any reasonable scientific hypothesis without a shred of evidence to support the challenge, nor presenting any reasonable counter-hypothesis, merely as a way to confuse the truth that they don't like.

HMMMMMmmmmmmmmm ..... who does that remind me of on here ....... 🤔

MplsGopher

Reaction score
If you believe in masks so much, feel free to wear 5 of them. That should more than offset the impact of anyone who chooses not to.
They only prevent you from infringing on my rights (to not be infected by a deadly virus by you) if you are forced to wear one too.

Top Bottom