Do you wear a mask?

When you go out to places like the grocery store, do you wear a mask?

• Yes, I think it helps slow the spread

Votes: 60 42.9%
  • Yes, I'm not sure how much it helps but it's no big deal to wear one

Votes: 37 26.4%
  • Yes, but only because I'm required to

Votes: 12 8.6%
  • No, I don't think it helps

Votes: 14 10.0%
  • No, It's my decision/I'm healthy so not at risk

Votes: 12 8.6%
  • No, They're uncomfortable/can't use them due to a health condition

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • No, it makes us look weak/I'm not going to live in fear

Votes: 9 6.4%
  • Other, post below

Votes: 7 5.0%

• Total voters

howeda7

Reaction score
Just shows how many people are selfish pos.

Masks are the least intrusive possible action.
More like, chest thumping coverage like this by Fox News is going to be part of why 30% of the population will refuse the vaccine and make this drag on far longer than it needs to.

BarnBurner

Reaction score
Yes the areas with the smallest populations definitely represent the entire state.
Didnt say that, did I.

How many outdoor recreation fans do you suppose visited Sawyer, Bayfield counties in Wi from mid January to end of March? How many traveled a bit further to the UP?

How many had masks on when going in convenience stores on their travels? Where did these folks come from?

You may want to do a roadside count, GII, so you can actually not talk out of your ass. Or, do some research on $$ spent in those counties during the winter months. LOTS of people, damn near DAILY, in and out of all types of businesses.

ONE groomer report a few weeks ago from the UP stated the groomer went 34 miles and counted 405 sleds. Your smart, GII - figure it out.

Last edited:

GopherWeatherGuy

Reaction score
Well then you’d definitely know more than people that actually live there.

Never said I did. I'm just telling you what I've seen the several times I crossed the border.

Did you also know there are packed bars with maskless patrons all over MN? This has been occurring since they were allowed to re-open. They've had minimal to no effect on the case counts.

Pompous Elitist

Reaction score
According to RNS’s report, white evangelicals are the least likely to “consider the health effects on their community when making decisions to be vaccinated,” with only 48% responding to Pew that they put this into “a lot” of consideration.

White evangelicals are the most selfish or the most ignorant. Isn't that interesting.

While I don’t think the white evangelicals are necessarily the most anti-vax group out there (see Kaiser Foundation polls)I think you are hitting on a cultural factor for the relatively small differences in infections and death b/t the Dakotas/Iowa and MN/WI. Culture, peer pressure to conform to what your peer groups and family are doing. Going against the grain is hard. Maybe a much bigger factor than cloth face coverings.

Wally

Reaction score
Didnt say that, did I.

How many outdoor recreation fans do you suppose visited Sawyer, Bayfield counties in Wi from mid January to end of March? How many traveled a bit further to the UP?

How many had masks on when going in convenience stores on their travels? Where did these folks come from?

You may want to do a roadside count, GII, so you can actually not talk out of your ass. Or, do some research on $$ spent in those counties during the winter months. LOTS of people, damn near DAILY, in and out of all types of businesses.

ONE groomer report a few weeks ago from the UP stated the groomer went 34 miles and counted 405 sleds. Your smart, GII - figure it out.

Is there a point to this post?
What is it?

Wally

Reaction score
Culture, peer pressure to conform to what your peer groups and family are doing. Going against the grain is hard. Maybe a much bigg

I agree, most people are pathetic pussies.

And this applies to every group and political persuasion.

Wally

Reaction score
Never said I did. I'm just telling you what I've seen the several times I crossed the border.

Did you also know there are packed bars with maskless patrons all over MN? This has been occurring since they were allowed to re-open. They've had minimal to no effect on the case counts.

There were before the fall surge to, I saw it, thought it was totally rediculous.

Plausible Deniability

Coffee is for closers
Reaction score
More like, chest thumping coverage like this by Fox News is going to be part of why 30% of the population will refuse the vaccine and make this drag on far longer than it needs to.
List of reasons I can think of, just off the top of my head and without surveying a 1000 people on the street, why people may not want to get vaccinated:

- Never got the flu shot in years past, not that excited about getting this one
- Don't like needles
- Hearing stories about how long the lines are to wait to get a shot
- Having to go TWICE, on separate occasions, to get the shot (other than the J&J shot)
- Not thrilled about getting a relatively new vaccine that was extremely rushed through production and just haven't seen enough data and information on any potential side effects or long term effects
- Hearing bad stories about people having bad reactions to the first shot or the second shot, or both
- Without doing a lot of homework and research, not even sure how/where you can get a shot and how they are prioritizing who gets shots; basically unsure of whether or not or when they would be eligible
- Just plain don't think they are at that much risk with COVID for various reasons
- Or just plain would rather wait a little bit to have a little bit higher level of confidence in the shot

But sure, hey, keep telling everyone that it's just TRUMPERS!! or QOP'ers!! that don't want to get vaccinated. I know that's what helps you sleep at night, knowing who your boogeyman is.

GophersInIowa

Reaction score
Possible he has been to different parts of WI than where you live 🤷‍♂️
Yes of course. My point is that I know for a fact that Wisconsin’s most populated areas have had stricter mandates than anything in South Dakota. So saying WI is similar to SD is ridiculous. He’s using his experience to make it seem like the whole state is like that.

GopherWeatherGuy

Reaction score
Yes of course. My point is that I know for a fact that Wisconsin’s most populated areas have had stricter mandates than anything in South Dakota. So saying WI is similar to SD is ridiculous. He’s using his experience to make it seem like the whole state is like that.

It's not ridiculous because I spend a lot of time in both states, especially SD.

Plausible Deniability

Coffee is for closers
Reaction score
Keep 'em coming, Broke!! Further and further and further documentation and validation of just how some of these mask mandates are damaging our society and causing mental health issues, not to mention increased physical and verbal confrontations and most likely a litany of other societal issues.

You continue to illustrate flawlessly just how much damage is being done and I think it's fantastic. Who would have thought you could do so much good with your typically ridiculous re-tweets?

Nax5

Reaction score
Keep 'em coming, Broke!! Further and further and further documentation and validation of just how some of these mask mandates are damaging our society and causing mental health issues, not to mention increased physical and verbal confrontations and most likely a litany of other societal issues.

You continue to illustrate flawlessly just how much damage is being done and I think it's fantastic. Who would have thought you could do so much good with your typically ridiculous re-tweets?
I believe the onus is on the anti masker to not be a selfish asshole most of the time. It's just so easy. They are not victims.

Spoofin

Reaction score
If you never left your house and you only read GH and Twitter you would have the impression that maskless people are running wild everywhere. I can honestly say that I am yet to encounter a situation out-and-about where I see someone refusing to wear a mask. My son works at a fast food restaurant and told me of once that it happened there, but that is the closest encounter I have had.

Zeppelin Gopher

Reaction score
List of reasons I can think of, just off the top of my head and without surveying a 1000 people on the street, why people may not want to get vaccinated:

- Never got the flu shot in years past, not that excited about getting this one
- Don't like needles
- Hearing stories about how long the lines are to wait to get a shot
- Having to go TWICE, on separate occasions, to get the shot (other than the J&J shot)
- Not thrilled about getting a relatively new vaccine that was extremely rushed through production and just haven't seen enough data and information on any potential side effects or long term effects
- Hearing bad stories about people having bad reactions to the first shot or the second shot, or both
- Without doing a lot of homework and research, not even sure how/where you can get a shot and how they are prioritizing who gets shots; basically unsure of whether or not or when they would be eligible
- Just plain don't think they are at that much risk with COVID for various reasons
- Or just plain would rather wait a little bit to have a little bit higher level of confidence in the shot

But sure, hey, keep telling everyone that it's just TRUMPERS!! or QOP'ers!! that don't want to get vaccinated. I know that's what helps you sleep at night, knowing who your boogeyman is.
Add to this: previously contracted COVID, therefore have the natural antibodies which are likely to last longer and be more effective than the vacc.

I fall into this category (as well as a few of the others you mentioned)

Nax5

Reaction score
Not thrilled about getting a relatively new vaccine that was extremely rushed through production and just haven't seen enough data and information on any potential side effects or long term effects
This is just the nature of mRNA vaccines. And will likely be the future of broader vaccinology. The technology has been studied for many, many years. So I hope people stop spreading scare stories about them.

GophersInIowa

Reaction score
If you never left your house and you only read GH and Twitter you would have the impression that maskless people are running wild everywhere. I can honestly say that I am yet to encounter a situation out-and-about where I see someone refusing to wear a mask. My son works at a fast food restaurant and told me of once that it happened there, but that is the closest encounter I have had.
I would say GH and Twitter don’t represent reality with just about any topic.

We have a few issues where I work with people not wanting to put a mask on but it’s not extremely common. I think most wear them when they’re required to even if they don’t like it.

howeda7

Reaction score
Add to this: previously contracted COVID, therefore have the natural antibodies which are likely to last longer and be more effective than the vacc.

I fall into this category (as well as a few of the others you mentioned)
Where have you seen that post-Covid immunity lasts longer than the vaccine immunity? I've seen the opposite is expected.

Plausible Deniability

Coffee is for closers
Reaction score
This is just the nature of mRNA vaccines. And will likely be the future of broader vaccinology. The technology has been studied for many, many years. So I hope people stop spreading scare stories about them.
Just out of curiosity, because I'm somewhat interested, if someone isn't comfortable getting vaccinated due to this, or any one of the reasons I listed in that post, who the f'k are you to tell them anything different?

Spoofin

Reaction score
I would say GH and Twitter don’t represent reality with just about any topic.

We have a few issues where I work with people not wanting to put a mask on but it’s not extremely common. I think most wear them when they’re required to even if they don’t like it.
Agreed. On here we get “50 shades of whey” as the authority.

Top Bottom