Do you wear a mask?

When you go out to places like the grocery store, do you wear a mask?

• Yes, I think it helps slow the spread

Votes: 57 43.2%
  • Yes, I'm not sure how much it helps but it's no big deal to wear one

Votes: 34 25.8%
  • Yes, but only because I'm required to

Votes: 12 9.1%
  • No, I don't think it helps

• No, It's my decision/I'm healthy so not at risk

• No, They're uncomfortable/can't use them due to a health condition

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • No, it makes us look weak/I'm not going to live in fear

Votes: 7 5.3%
  • Other, post below

Votes: 7 5.3%

• Total voters

GopherWeatherGuy

Reaction score
Walz has tightened and loosened restrictions multiple times according to all the same metrics you'd expect, just not at the thresholds you prefer.

Again, on Dec 30 there were 207 people in the ICU. It's absolutely idiotic to say that a low number of ICU patients TODAY means that the restrictions DON'T make sense.
They don’t make sense because they’re not based on Science and he changes them on a whim with little notice.

But you’ve stated before that one person playing with peoples lives and livelihoods is no big deal.

Spoofin

Reaction score
They don’t make sense because they’re not based on Science and he changes them on a whim with little notice.

But you’ve stated before that one person playing with peoples lives and livelihoods is no big deal.
Walz is a partisan idiot that is in way over his head. I’m not talking exclusively COVID, but certainly inclusive of it. The fact that people still defend this failure shows how lost some are. He could trip old ladies in the street and as long as he has a ‘D’ by his name it would be defended. Data and Science.

From the Parkinglot

Reaction score
The difference is the testing protocols...

That said I am fine getting rid of masks for sports. But keeping them a little longer isn't that big of a deal either.
What does testing have to do with masks? Masks are in place to prevent the transmission of the disease. Who can’t get tested, there are testing sites all over the US that you can go to and get tested for free. If testing is the requirement then no one should be forced to wear a mask when around people outside of their home situation.

Look at what a disaster the nhl has been and trams being shut down for weeks at a time. They have testing but don’t require you to wear a mask.

Wally

Reaction score
What does testing have to do with masks? Masks are in place to prevent the transmission of the disease. Who can’t get tested, there are testing sites all over the US that you can go to and get tested for free. If testing is the requirement then no one should be forced to wear a mask when around people outside of their home situation.

Look at what a disaster the nhl has been and trams being shut down for weeks at a time. They have testing but don’t require you to wear mask.
Every college player and pro player is tested multiple times per week. Thats the difference.

The NHL is a good argument for keeping the mask mandate.

Only reason I have supported masks is to keep my kids school open, my wife's business open and my parents alive. I guess thats stupid, what do I know.

From the Parkinglot

Reaction score
Every college player and pro player is tested multiple times per week. Thats the difference.

Only reason I have supported masks is to keep my kids school open, my wife's business open and my parents alive. I guess thats stupid, what do I know.
I think masks are fine and have no problem wearing a mask.

A mask is supposed to prevent you from the getting the disease. What does testing have to do with prevention. You too could go get tested multiple times per week if you wanted to. There are free testing sites all over Minnesota and they don’t appear to be terribly busy. Based on the number from the other day the state processed over 30,000 tests from just over 10,000 people so people are getting testing multiple times.

My assumption is that the leagues or tv doesn’t want to show a bunch of athletes running around wearing a mask on tv everyday if the week, hence pros don’t have to wear a mask.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Jane is more than welcome to wear a mask as long as she wants.
The effect mostly works if both sides are wearing a mask.

Same reason you can't claim that installing breathalyzer interlocks will prevent drunk driving deaths, if you make them optional to install by say "you can install it, if you want".

From the Parkinglot

Reaction score
The ability to spend a lot of money to test every player daily?
Again who can’t go get tested whenever they want in the state of Minnesota? There are testing sites all over the place and they don’t appear to be terribly busy.

Testing doesn’t prevent anyone from passing on the virus. It’s not like people who tested positive are under arrest and watched 24/7 from the day they test positive. They are free to go home and asked to comply with the quarantine. There’s nothing stopping them from going out and about in public after they tested positive.

It just seems very hypocritical that average Joe has to wear a mask wherever they go, but pro and college athletes are free to compete without a mask on. Not to mention the fact that gyms were closed and people couldn’t go work out for months whether they had a mask on or not. Not gyms are open and people can work out but you have to wear a mask.

Last edited:

MplsGopher

Reaction score
It just seems very hypocritical that average Joe has to wear a mask wherever they go, but pro and college athletes are free to compete without a mask on.
Would you accept if the rules said "if you get tested every day, and if you're negative on your test, you aren't required to wear a mask anywhere, but if you are positive you need to quarantine at home for 10 days"?

You would do that? Go get tested every day, just so you didn't have to wear a mask?

From the Parkinglot

Reaction score
Would you accept if the rules said "if you get tested every day, and if you're negative on your test, you aren't required to wear a mask anywhere, but if you are positive you need to quarantine at home for 10 days"?

You would do that? Go get tested every day, just so you didn't have to wear a mask?
Sure bring it on. I love a good frontal lobotomy in the morning.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Sure bring it on.
I doubt I would. Wouldn't have the time or the willpower to go all the way to the testing center, wait in line, etc. every day.

But for me, wearing a mask is no inconvenience at all. I barely notice it anymore. It's actually quite nice in the cold.

From the Parkinglot

Reaction score
I doubt I would. Wouldn't have the time or the willpower to go all the way to the testing center, wait in line, etc. every day.

But for me, wearing a mask is no inconvenience at all. I barely notice it anymore. It's actually quite nice in the cold.
I agree I have no problem wearing a mask and it is really nice when it’s -18. I also agree I would not go and get tested everyday, was being sarcastic. I just find this the inconsistency in a list of slight inconsistencies with the mask policies of states. Plus i do think it may help with kids and mask wearing to see their sports role models playing in masks. But so it goes and we continue to vaccinate the most vulnerable and hopefully come May or June there is some normalcy restored to this crazy world

justthefacts

Reaction score

Which objective metric demonstrates he's in over his head?

BarnBurner

Reaction score

And WALLACE! didnt wear his N95 to play hockey. Endangering his own family.

WALLACE

Wally

Reaction score
She did is kill alot of Trumpers I will praise her for that.

cncmin

Reaction score
The Science didn’t change

You're posting intentionally incorrect context. Here's what Osterholm ACTUALLY thinks. Stop spreading lies, you tool. You could have easily Googled this stuff yourself, but instead you blindly accept garbage and regurgitate. Disgusting.

COMMENTARY: My views on cloth face coverings for the public for preventing COVID-19 | CIDRAP (umn.edu)

"At the outset, I want to make several points crystal clear:

• I support the wearing of cloth face coverings (masks) by the general public.
  • Stop citing CIDRAP and me as grounds to not wear masks, whether mandated or not.
  • Don't, however, use the wearing of cloth face coverings as an excuse to decrease other crucial, likely more effective, protective steps, like physical distancing
  • Also, don't use poorly conducted studies to support a contention that wearing cloth face coverings will drive the pandemic into the ground. But even if they reduce infection risk somewhat, wearing them can be important."

BarnBurner

Reaction score
You're posting intentionally incorrect context. Here's what Osterholm ACTUALLY thinks. Stop spreading lies, you tool. You could have easily Googled this stuff yourself, but instead you blindly accept garbage and regurgitate. Disgusting.

COMMENTARY: My views on cloth face coverings for the public for preventing COVID-19 | CIDRAP (umn.edu)

"At the outset, I want to make several points crystal clear:

• I support the wearing of cloth face coverings (masks) by the general public.
  • Stop citing CIDRAP and me as grounds to not wear masks, whether mandated or not.
  • Don't, however, use the wearing of cloth face coverings as an excuse to decrease other crucial, likely more effective, protective steps, like physical distancing
  • Also, don't use poorly conducted studies to support a contention that wearing cloth face coverings will drive the pandemic into the ground. But even if they reduce infection risk somewhat, wearing them can be important."
Not what he said a year ago. Stop spreading lies.

Spoofin

Reaction score
This dude is an idiot and I'm glad he was denied service.
The idea that it is OK to blast his picture and location out on the internet in an effort to shame him and (let's be honest) incite vilolence is far worse than what he did. Broke right on board with that. He doesn't agree with me so let's get that MFer. Today's Left.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Shame him: correct, as it should be.

Incite violence against him: incorrect, and you're likely trying to fabricate this as a point.

Plausible Deniability

Coffee is for closers
Reaction score
This dude is an idiot and I'm glad he was denied service.
The idea that it is OK to blast his picture and location out on the internet in an effort to shame him and (let's be honest) incite vilolence is far worse than what he did. Broke right on board with that. He doesn't agree with me so let's get that MFer. Today's Left.
I've no doubt Fifty Shades of Whey is a model upstanding citizen with no flaws who happens to be the perfect person to judge all others' behavior

Shut up, get in line, do as you're told, or you will face public shame and massive consequences. This is today's left, and you voted for it

Plausible Deniability

Coffee is for closers
Reaction score
"If you can identify this loser, send me a DM!"

Congratulations, today's left. This is where we are today. We must publicly identify and humiliate and castigate anyone who fails to tow the company line. Or maybe worse? Are they going to make public names, home addresses, employers and employers' addresses? Egg their houses? Vandalize their cars?

I guess it's all well and good until they come after YOU for something you don't agree with. Lefties don't exactly think that far ahead though.

Top Bottom