Do you wear a mask?

When you go out to places like the grocery store, do you wear a mask?

• Yes, I think it helps slow the spread

Votes: 57 43.2%
  • Yes, I'm not sure how much it helps but it's no big deal to wear one

Votes: 34 25.8%
  • Yes, but only because I'm required to

Votes: 12 9.1%
  • No, I don't think it helps

• No, It's my decision/I'm healthy so not at risk

• No, They're uncomfortable/can't use them due to a health condition

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • No, it makes us look weak/I'm not going to live in fear

Votes: 7 5.3%
  • Other, post below

Votes: 7 5.3%

• Total voters

Wally

Reaction score
Because the federal government said if you want funding from us you have to impose speed limits. Same way drunk driving enforcement was done in states not wanting that.
I don't like the Feds doing that at all its bullshit.

I remember college ski trip when Montana had no speed limit, had her pegged to the floor smoking a bowl, ahh Freedumb, good memories..
😎

Plausible Deniability

Coffee is for closers
Reaction score
I can't BEGIN to imagine the grave danger all of those people are in. I mean, they're virtually standing on top of each other, 15-20 minutes at a time. Death will be imminent, there's just no way of getting around it.

I was traveling out of state last weekend, multiple gas stations where almost nobody was wearing masks, and I looked around and thought, I don't see anyone here who is putting themselves at serious risk. Lines were spaced out, people were moving in and out, constantly moving, I never once felt that I was at risk nor anyone else in those places was either.

We need to take a big step back and take a look at just what they hell we're doing and why we're doing it.

LesBolstad

Reaction score
Are you saying its untrue?
No, but incidents like this run about 50 to 1 with a Loony Leftist being the crazy person.
Funny, you libs only post the 1. Actually, that ratio is pretty much true for any political or social story;
i.e. #BLM violence vs. unauthorized Capital tour.

Bad Gopher

A Loner, A Rebel
Reaction score
Only in your f mind is looting Target equivalent to storming the Capitol.
It definitely is equivalent in their minds, though. When you ask them they'll skirt the question, but it's true.

balds

Reaction score
I've seen videos like this from Florida for the better part of 11 months. Bars, restaurants, beaches packed, kids in school, in a state with greater density and a higher elderly population than MN, and with a lot of high risk covid imports. As of today:

FL - 0.123% of its citizens dead from Covid.
MN - 0.114% of it's citizens dead from Covid.

Plausible Deniability

Coffee is for closers
Reaction score
I've seen videos like this from Florida for the better part of 11 months. Bars, restaurants, beaches packed, kids in school, in a state with greater density and a higher elderly population than MN, and with a lot of high risk covid imports. As of today:

Totally worth the mask mandates, killing businesses, destroying jobs and households, increased depression and alcohol and substance abuse, etc.

From the Parkinglot

Reaction score
Yes, the no-mask people are definitely the reasonable ones.

There was a guy that killed his neighbor and wife over shoveling snow this morning. Then he turned the gun on himself. There are 330 million people in the US and you can’t lock up all the crazy people. Plus now with cell phones everyone takes a video and then the nightly news runs it for 24 hours before they go onto the next viral sensation.

Go4Broke

Reaction score
Wisconsin governor issues new mask mandate after GOP repeal

Wisconsin Gov. Tony Evers issued a new statewide mask order on Thursday, an hour after the Republican-controlled Legislature voted to repeal his previous mandate saying he didn't have authority to make such a decree. As the Legislature moved to repeal the order, many cities and counties rushed to enact or extend local mask ordinances. Milwaukee and Dane County, where Madison is located, are among those with orders in place.
The Democratic governor said in a video message that his priority is keeping people safe and that wearing a mask is the most basic way to do that. "If the Legislature keeps playing politics and we don't keep wearing masks, we're going to see more preventable deaths, and it's going to take even longer to get our state and our economy back on track," Evers said.

https://www.startribune.com/wisconsin-governor-issues-new-mask-mandate-after-gop-repeal/600018885/

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Totally worth the mask mandates, killing businesses, destroying jobs and households, increased depression and alcohol and substance abuse, etc.
A mask mandate isn't a negative thing.

How many businesses have been killed? How many jobs destroyed? Households destroyed?

You have no numbers on any of this. Comes off as bluster and hyperbole, with no backing evidence.

MplsGopher

Reaction score

Also no numbers here. How many of the bars, restaurants, and beaches in Florida are "packed"? What is packed, and how often are we talking? I bet it's nothing close to what you're trying to present here, with no backing evidence.

A few places in Miami have very high density, but otherwise I don't think that statement holds true. Dividing the total population of a state by the total land area of the state, is not a meaningful measure of how many truly dense places exist.

Spoofin

Reaction score
I stand corrected.
No joke. I heard the practice being promoted on a radio commercial tonight. “Double masking - increases the filtration in both directions. Dr. Fauci agrees.”

Go4Broke

Reaction score
A new C.D.C. study adds to the evidence that masks can keep you out of the hospital.

New research published by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention on Friday shows that statewide mask-wearing mandates were associated with a decline in the growth rate of Covid-19 hospitalizations. The study provides additional evidence that wearing of masks can help minimize transmission of the coronavirus.

The research, published in the Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report by the agency, found that in three weeks or more following a mask mandate, Covid-19 hospitalization growth rates fell by 5.5 percent in people aged 18 to 64.

The research focused on 10 states — California, Colorado, Connecticut, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, New Mexico, New York, Ohio and Oregon — that implemented mask mandates in the period from April to June of 2020. Hospitalization growth rates fell for adults 40 to 64 two weeks or more after the mandates were put into place, the research showed. There are currently 34 states with mask mandates.

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2021/0...e-that-masks-can-keep-you-out-of-the-hospital

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Why isn't this thread as simple as this:

- in pre-covid days, when you were sitting at a guest's table eating dinner with them and felt a sneeze coming on, did you turn to them and sneeze right onto their plate, then tell them "no one has the right to tell me to cover up my sneeze"?

It's exactly the same thing.

GopherWeatherGuy

Reaction score
A new C.D.C. study adds to the evidence that masks can keep you out of the hospital.

New research published by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention on Friday shows that statewide mask-wearing mandates were associated with a decline in the growth rate of Covid-19 hospitalizations. The study provides additional evidence that wearing of masks can help minimize transmission of the coronavirus.

The research, published in the Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report by the agency, found that in three weeks or more following a mask mandate, Covid-19 hospitalization growth rates fell by 5.5 percent in people aged 18 to 64.

The research focused on 10 states — California, Colorado, Connecticut, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, New Mexico, New York, Ohio and Oregon — that implemented mask mandates in the period from April to June of 2020. Hospitalization growth rates fell for adults 40 to 64 two weeks or more after the mandates were put into place, the research showed. There are currently 34 states with mask mandates.

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2021/0...e-that-masks-can-keep-you-out-of-the-hospital
These states didn't implement a mask mandate until late June - July. The study ended on October 17th, before the fall/winter increase in cases/hospitalizations.

This virus has proven to be seasonal, just like every other coronavirus. This study only covers the months of when the virus had the lowest transmission rate based purely off of seasonality.

Top Bottom