Do you wear a mask?

When you go out to places like the grocery store, do you wear a mask?

• Yes, I think it helps slow the spread

Votes: 57 43.2%
  • Yes, I'm not sure how much it helps but it's no big deal to wear one

Votes: 34 25.8%
  • Yes, but only because I'm required to

Votes: 12 9.1%
  • No, I don't think it helps

• No, It's my decision/I'm healthy so not at risk

• No, They're uncomfortable/can't use them due to a health condition

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • No, it makes us look weak/I'm not going to live in fear

Votes: 7 5.3%
  • Other, post below

Votes: 7 5.3%

• Total voters

Spoofin

Reaction score
Yes!!!!

I think Dr Mask, er GII should be the OP on that one......
I actually started a thread with poll on the topic. I decided not to post it because I knew the wackos would go nuts. I’m growing bored with tOTB.

Spoofin

Reaction score
Cool story, bro. Crazy and weird people everywhere.
Not sure what to make of that story. It was posted by a ‘songwriter’ who then replied to her own (this) tweet asking people to buy her music. How Howie even finds this stuff 🙄

LesBolstad

Reaction score
Fauci is officially a joke. We can't have an 80 year old guy doing this type of job. Lives depend on it.

Plausible Deniability

Coffee is for closers
Reaction score
At this point, masks should be an option, across the country. Zero reason for there to be any type of mandate. We've completely lost the ability to be accountable and responsible for our own health and our own actions.

Why are masks still mandatory at this point?

BarnBurner

Reaction score
At this point, masks should be an option, across the country. Zero reason for there to be any type of mandate. We've completely lost the ability to be accountable and responsible for our own health and our own actions.

Because Dr Mask says they might maybe could should potentially work.

Wally

Reaction score

Sums up exactly why we have done such a shit job with Covid.

GophersInIowa

Reaction score
“A majority of epidemiologists, virologists, researchers and those that work with Covid patients say masks help, and the data shows states with higher masks usage since they were recommended have lower death rates. But they’re wrong and there’s no data showing masks work. Plus this guy in a nice white coat who has ‘Dr’ in front of his name says masks don’t work. His name isn’t referenced or it doesn’t state that he’s actually an eye doctor but he’s definitely someone everyone should be listening to on this topic.”

BarnBurner

Reaction score
Fauci - Double Mask is good!

Osterholm - Double mask bad!

Maybe, might, could, should, potentially, etc etc are always included in the verbiage. NOTHING provable or certain.

Plausible Deniability

Coffee is for closers
Reaction score
To Anger Trumpsters, obviously.
Again, you're being an idiot, making this a left/right issue. There are plenty of people on both sides of the aisle that are questioning why there is still a mask mandate virtually everywhere.

Millions of people getting vaccinated, millions were virtually never at any risk in the first place, and yet here we are.

Example:

I'm citizen A; I go out and about and see citizen B (and maybe B's wife) and they are not wearing a mask. These are my options in order to protect myself in the event that I have concerns over COVID:

- I can choose to wear a mask myself, or even multiple masks (if indeed you think they are effective)

- I can choose to properly social distance from citizen B and company, and ALSO wear a mask if I chose, or not wear a mask, because social distance I'm told is very effective

- I can choose to not patronize this establishment at all, or any establishment that doesn't mandate masks, or simply mostly stay home and accomplish most of what I need to do remotely and via the net

In short, what impact does citizen B have on MY own health in any way, shape or form when I have all these options available to myself to protect myself and keep myself safe?

It's about accountability, and the fact that we just have too many people who have no interest in being accountable for their OWN actions, feel it's other people's responsibility to keep THEM safe.

howeda7

Reaction score
Again, you're being an idiot, making this a left/right issue. There are plenty of people on both sides of the aisle that are questioning why there is still a mask mandate virtually everywhere.

Millions of people getting vaccinated, millions were virtually never at any risk in the first place, and yet here we are.

Example:

I'm citizen A; I go out and about and see citizen B (and maybe B's wife) and they are not wearing a mask. These are my options in order to protect myself in the event that I have concerns over COVID:

- I can choose to wear a mask myself, or even multiple masks (if indeed you think they are effective)

- I can choose to properly social distance from citizen B and company, and ALSO wear a mask if I chose, or not wear a mask, because social distance I'm told is very effective

- I can choose to not patronize this establishment at all, or any establishment that doesn't mandate masks, or simply mostly stay home and accomplish most of what I need to do remotely and via the net

In short, what impact does citizen B have on MY own health in any way, shape or form when I have all these options available to myself to protect myself and keep myself safe?

It's about accountability, and the fact that we just have too many people who have no interest in being accountable for their OWN actions, feel it's other people's responsibility to keep THEM safe.
The most effective way to prevent transmission is the infected wears a mask and there is zero downside to do doing so except fake outrage.

howeda7

Reaction score
Did not address the point whatsoever. Swing and a miss
Sure I did. It's a list of excuses why you shouldn't have to wear a mask. You can make all of those "choices" and still wear a mask in public. No it's not perfect. But there's zero downside to doing so except your hurt feelings.

Plausible Deniability

Coffee is for closers
Reaction score
Sure I did. It's a list of excuses why you shouldn't have to wear a mask. You can make all of those "choices" and still wear a mask in public. No it's not perfect. But there's zero downside to doing so except your hurt feelings.
You said infected people should wear a mask. I agree with you there (really they should be staying home and isolating). Outside of that, you've said nothing.

We let people smoke in public, in millions of more places than where you are free to not wear a mask. And smoking is infinitely more dangerous to every American than COVID. Where's your mandate on that issue?

LakevilleBro

Reaction score
How can the "experts" predict a surge is coming, and we now have multiple different vaccines available?

Wally

Reaction score

Example:

You must want more businesses and schools shutdown.

I am for keeping masks going because I don't want my kids school shutdown or my wifes business and I don't want to catch it at work.

I think maybe we can start to scrap them around May. Masking in 99% of situations is no big deal.

Its pretty elitest to say everyone can just stay home to protect themselves. That's not possible or realistic for a vast number of people.

Top Bottom