Do you wear a mask?

When you go out to places like the grocery store, do you wear a mask?

• Yes, I think it helps slow the spread

Votes: 57 43.2%
  • Yes, I'm not sure how much it helps but it's no big deal to wear one

Votes: 34 25.8%
  • Yes, but only because I'm required to

Votes: 12 9.1%
  • No, I don't think it helps

• No, It's my decision/I'm healthy so not at risk

• No, They're uncomfortable/can't use them due to a health condition

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • No, it makes us look weak/I'm not going to live in fear

Votes: 7 5.3%
  • Other, post below

Votes: 7 5.3%

• Total voters

Wally

Reaction score
I decided to buy some masks online in the event that this charade continues much longer. I figured I might as well have some fun with it and enjoy it. The masks I purchased are printed on the front with:

- This mask is as useless as our Governor
- Placebo
- I'm only wearing this mask to get into the store
- This is a violation of my rights
- If I'm forced to wear a mask, you had better believe it will have the words FUCK OFF in big letters (for a client actually)

And, last but not least, could be my two favorites

- Virtue Signaling Device

- Worn By Force, Not By Fear
Why not one with this on it.
"IDGAF about you"

Wally

Reaction score
Played hockey with a mask tonight. Made it one period, then I felt like I was going to have a panic attack. I like to go as hard as I can and there is no way. I had a fancy UnderArmor sports mask that feels like no mask just wearing it normally. Between the helmet chin strap, sweating and breathing so hard, I had to pull it off my nose otherwise I can't play. It was fine off the nose.

Spoofin

Reaction score
Played hockey with a mask tonight. Made it one period, then I felt like I was going to have a panic attack. I like to go as hard as I can and there is no way. I had a fancy UnderArmor sports mask that feels like no mask just wearing it normally. Between the helmet chin strap, sweating and breathing so hard, I had to pull it off my nose otherwise I can't play. It was fine off the nose.
Pulled it off your nose? I thought you cared about others Wally.;)
- I tried an aerobic workout with a mask on once. Made it 30-minutes. Won’t ever do that again.

BarnBurner

Reaction score
Where is your N95? You obviously do not care about anyone on the ice with you. Sad.

WALLACE

Wally

Reaction score
Pulled it off your nose? I thought you cared about others Wally.;)
- I tried an aerobic workout with a mask on once. Made it 30-minutes. Won’t ever do that again.
I was going to have a panic attack, claustrophobia with the helmet and not being able to breathe.
😎

Wally

Reaction score
Considering we all played with no masks just before the last shutdown and I saw quite a few people doing the same, I don't feel to bad.

I wear my mask in every situation possible aside from hockey, I still had it overy mouth. Only other option is quitting hockey, I am not going to play at half speed and thats what it would be.

Plausible Deniability

Coffee is for closers
Reaction score
Quite possibly the dumbest thing ever bragged about on Gopher Hole.
Bragging? That's what you're going with? It was merely a comment about some available masks.

And what would be the problem with masks like this? For the passionate pro-mask crowd, it surely is better to wear something with phrases like this than to not wear something at all, yes?

If these reflected my opinion, or anyone else's opinion, why can't someone wear something like this? Let's just be honest about it, you (and anyone else with an issue with these phrases on masks) are just interested in, yet again, shouting down and silencing anyone else's differing opinion. Shut up if you don't agree with the company line, these people that have different opinions need to be stamped out, shut down and silenced.

BarnBurner

Reaction score
Why didn't you wear your N95? That is the only mask that is effective, according to you. Tell us Wallace

Plausible Deniability

Coffee is for closers
Reaction score
Darn. Didn't get to see them forcibly arrest her. That's my favorite part.

Again, smart to let the white officer be the main guy. Asian guys waiting to the side, if needed.
As long as you and the rest of the progressive movement insist on seeing everything and every issue with only respect to race, any problems that we have in that area are only going to continue to be perpetuated. Every. Single. Thing. is a race issue to someone like you, the angry young white progressive

Our country will get better and stronger when we can start to see people as people and not as black or white or yellow. The hatred and contempt that you carry for minorities is really low, even for a troller like you

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Our country will get better and stronger when we can start to see people as people and not as black or white or yellow.
For once, we agree, in basic principle.

However, we could not be more opposite in how we propose to get there.

Me: only education and government regulation can begin to start undoing the racist hatred that has been baked into nearly every institution, business, and social organization since this country's founding, because of slavery and immigrants who took away jobs from those born here.

You: we should just all start pretending that race doesn't exist, and allow the discrimination that has happened for decades to be unabated. It will eventually just wither away, on its own.

BarnBurner

Reaction score
Why didn't you wear your N95? That is the only mask that is effective, according to you. Tell us Wallace

WALLACE???????

short ornery norwegian

Reaction score
With sports starting back up, I've covered a couple of HS basketball games in the last week.

For the most part, players are dealing with it. I've seen a few guys replace masks that got too sweaty.

Refs for the most part are not being obtrusive. a few reminders if guys let the masks get too low. seen a few guys playing with the mask over the mouth but under the nose. But one sub played for several minute with his mask below his mouth, and no one did anything about it that I saw. (and the kicker - his dad refs college hoops....)

Coaches are saying that girls are being better about it - or complaining less - than the guys.

and yes, under the state HS league guidelines, I have to wear a mask while broadcasting.

Speaking of refs, the crew I had Tuesday night wore the masks that have a whistle pouch in the front, so the mask goes over the front of the whistle. not a problem hearing the whistle with the limited crowd. (each participant receives two passes to give out. at Tuesday's game, the visiting team had more fans than the home team - of course, the visiting team won its section title last year and the home team won 1 game, so that might have something to do with it. visiting team won 88-59..........)

BarnBurner

Reaction score

WALLACE???????

Wally

Reaction score

WALLACE???????
Yes it is, you are correct. It doesn't work in a helmet. And feeling like I am dying while I play is not an option either. I wear it everywhere else.

Is their is any activity more optional than beer league hockey?
They know the risks.

BarnBurner

Reaction score
Yes it is, you are correct. It doesn't work in a helmet. And feeling like I am dying while I play is not an option either. I wear it everywhere else.

Is their is any activity more optional than beer league hockey?
They know the risks.
but but but optional. YOU should stay home if you cant wear an N95, correct? That is what YOU have preached. Putting others in danger, WALLACE.

Do as I say, not as I do. Typical liberal rubbish.....

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Let's all agree on this:

one day, in the future (maybe this year, maybe not), we will be back to an official policy in all places, public and private, that wearing a mask is entirely optional.

We're not going to ask people to wear masks, forever. That's not reality.

And so, that day is (I hope rapidly) approaching.

What I then hope is this: once we're clearly in that period, I hope leaders will make strong statements, that we should not judge or criticize anyone for not wearing a mask, if they choose not to, and we should not judge or criticize anyone for wearing a mask, if they choose to.

Regardless of whatever masks do or don't do, and regardless of all politics -- masks should not be symbols of morality.

Go4Broke

Reaction score
The FAA is adopting a stricter approach wearing masks

The situation has become so troubling that the Federal Aviation Administration recently announced it would adopt a stricter approach to dealing with unruly passengers.

Through March 30, 2021, passengers who assault, threaten, intimidate or interfere with airline crew members can face fines of as much as $35,000 and even imprisonment, according to the FAA. The agency had previously addressed such instances with warnings and civil penalties, among other methods.

"We have zero tolerance for threatening or violent behavior by passengers, and we will take the strongest possible enforcement action against any passenger who engages in it," FAA Administrator Steve Dickson said in a video message last week.

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/flight-attendants-unruly-passengers-masks-trnd/index.html

BarnBurner

Reaction score
but but but optional. YOU should stay home if you cant wear an N95, correct? That is what YOU have preached. Putting others in danger, WALLACE.

WALLACE

Nax5

Reaction score
Wearing a mask in Minnesota when going for a walk outside is actually amazing. Keeps your face nice and warm.

Top Bottom