Do you wear a mask?

When you go out to places like the grocery store, do you wear a mask?

• Yes, I think it helps slow the spread

Votes: 55 43.7%
  • Yes, I'm not sure how much it helps but it's no big deal to wear one

Votes: 33 26.2%
  • Yes, but only because I'm required to

Votes: 11 8.7%
  • No, I don't think it helps

Votes: 11 8.7%
  • No, It's my decision/I'm healthy so not at risk

Votes: 12 9.5%
  • No, They're uncomfortable/can't use them due to a health condition

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • No, it makes us look weak/I'm not going to live in fear

Votes: 7 5.6%
  • Other, post below

Votes: 6 4.8%

• Total voters

MplsGopher

Reaction score
amen, brother. These people are total flipping nutjobs without a shred of common sense.
They hate government. They hate authority. It's truly nothing more than mental disease.

GophersInIowa

Reaction score
I looked at the deaths per million by state since July 1st. Why did I pick that date? It's around the time masks started becoming a bigger focus and around the time more states started issuing mandates. It's also the time when the 2nd wave was starting.

The highlighted states are those that currently don't have a mask mandate or only very recently issued them (North Dakota, Iowa, Utah). The right column is the state ranking in mask wearing right now according to COVIDCast (link below). I know the rankings change a bit from day to day but I think it gives a good representation of how common mask wearing is. If you play around with the dates, the state rankings have stayed fairly consistent. However the number has gone way up recently so that's good. Wyoming, for example, has been consistently last. Two months ago they were at 61.67%, now at 80.24%.

I just included the top 24 here so to include Minnesota. There are four states without mask mandates that are not shown here because their numbers are lower: Alaska, Utah, Oklahoma, and Wyoming.

Interpret this how you'd like, I think there are many factors that influence these numbers but it seems masks is one of them.

1607447816379.png

Wally

Reaction score
I looked at the deaths per million by state since July 1st. Why did I pick that date? It's around the time masks started becoming a bigger focus and around the time more states started issuing mandates. It's also the time when the 2nd wave was starting.

The highlighted states are those that currently don't have a mask mandate or only very recently issued them (North Dakota, Iowa, Utah). The right column is the state ranking in mask wearing right now according to COVIDCast (link below). I know the rankings change a bit from day to day but I think it gives a good representation of how common mask wearing is. If you play around with the dates, the state rankings have stayed fairly consistent. However the number has gone way up recently so that's good. Wyoming, for example, has been consistently last. Two months ago they were at 61.67%, now at 80.24%.

I just included the top 24 here so to include Minnesota. There are four states without mask mandates that are not shown here because their numbers are lower: Alaska, Utah, Oklahoma, and Wyoming.

Interpret this how you'd like, I think there are many factors that influence these numbers but it seems masks is one of them.

View attachment 10761

Hoax is really hitting Trump voters, good job Don!!!

Wally

Reaction score
Why would anyone care enough to protest masks?
Do these people have jobs?
Do they have a life?
I really don't get it...

Pompous Elitist

Reaction score
The retrospective studies on all this will be interesting, and sadly probably politicized because people are really entrenched one way or the other which is unfortunate.. All along I‘ve thought it plausible consumer grade source control masks may reduce inoculation dose but the fact is we don’t really know. Maybe in 6-12 months we’ll have a lot better data.

From the Parkinglot

Reaction score
If you do wear a mask can you please throw them away in the appropriate receptical. I am so tired of seeing masks just strewn about in a parking lots. Masks have become the biggest piece of litter this year.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
SWPRS = Swiss Policy Research = conspiracy theories, propaganda, and pseudo-science.

Don't let the "official" sounding name fool you -- that's what they want, that's why they picked it.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
JJ’s graphs demonstrate that without masks, even more people would’ve been hospitalized and died.

GophersInIowa

Reaction score
Lots of issues with this “analysis”. First they conveniently start on May 1 just as cases were low due to recent lockdowns and virtually no one with mask mandates yet. And then they only look at cases when cases rely on tests. And surprise, surprise states without mandates have much lower test rates. Good analysis would have looked at cases, positivity rate, hospitalizations and deaths. Or maybe they did but the results didn’t fit their stance.

Dinkytown Don

Reaction score
The same people crying about their freedoms being violated by being forced to where a mask were the same people that were fine with the patriot act violating their freedom and said that if its for the greater good and it keeps us safe im fine with my loss of freedom.

JimmyJamesMD

Reaction score
The same people crying about their freedoms being violated by being forced to where a mask were the same people that were fine with the patriot act violating their freedom and said that if its for the greater good and it keeps us safe im fine with my loss of freedom.
As a police officer once yelled at me....."Do two wrongs make a right!?!?!?!?"

Top Bottom