Do you wear a mask?

When you go out to places like the grocery store, do you wear a mask?

• Yes, I think it helps slow the spread

Votes: 55 43.7%
  • Yes, I'm not sure how much it helps but it's no big deal to wear one

Votes: 33 26.2%
  • Yes, but only because I'm required to

Votes: 11 8.7%
  • No, I don't think it helps

Votes: 11 8.7%
  • No, It's my decision/I'm healthy so not at risk

Votes: 12 9.5%
  • No, They're uncomfortable/can't use them due to a health condition

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • No, it makes us look weak/I'm not going to live in fear

Votes: 7 5.6%
  • Other, post below

Votes: 6 4.8%

• Total voters

cncmin

Reaction score
FOR CASE COUNTS TO BE SPIKING NOW, THE VIRUS HAD TO BE TRANSMITTED IN NOVEMBER.
Duh. And what occurred before that transmission in November to get to that point? A transmission in October, and a bunch more in the months before then. So yes, weddings in August and September lead to Covid transmissions in November.

You've gone from a reasonable conservative to full bonkers batshit crazy like the rest of the Trumpsters. Lay off the FNC and the Talk Radio and rejoin earth.

cncmin

Reaction score
Should that matter if you are seated 6 feet apart with only people in your household. As long as the servers are wearing masks I hardly see how that is more dangerous than eating dinner at your house with the same people. Wear a mask into the restaurant be seated and then wear it out after dinner. Plus it’s a free choice to go into the restaurant.
It's a higher risk event, yes. Spacing and other things tamp down that risk, but it's clearly higher risk than staying at home.

cncmin

Reaction score
As I think about this. Let’s assume it’s true. What’s the obvious takeaway? Old people and the vulnerable can just avoid bars and restaurants

But the mask mandates don’t stipulate family, friend, and private gatherings. So you’re just admitting that they do not work. If your made you numbers are right, people might feel that since they wear masks to Home Depot and the grocery store, they are safe and take fewer precautions at home and with friends.
*rolls eyes*

Right. Drunk driving laws can NOT prevent everyone from drunk driving, so why even have the laws?! Why have laws against murder if there are still murders?! Brilliant! Let's just remove all rules and laws, oh what a society we'd be!!

You have these mandates to DECREASE THE RATES, just like you have laws and set punishments to DECREASE THE RATES.

Last edited:

cncmin

Reaction score
Yes! We finally found the solution. Also maybe:

• People should stop committing murder
  • People should stop driving drunk
  • People should stop stealing identities

We can now eliminate all police forces because Section2 has found the solution to people doing things they shouldn't.
Oops, looks like I nearly copied your response just a bit ago. (sorry) Kinda amusing though.

Section2

Reaction score
*rolls eyes*

Right. Drunk driving laws can NOT prevent everyone from drunk driving, so why even have the laws?! Why have laws against murder if there are still murders?! Brilliant! Let's just remove all rules and laws, oh what a society we'd be!!

You have these mandates to DECREASE THE RATES, just like you have laws and set punishments to DECREASE THE RATES.
Individual rights is a really tricky concept, but I’m confident that with some perseverance, you too could one day wrap your head around it.

cncmin

Reaction score
Individual rights is a really tricky concept, but I’m confident that with some perseverance, you too could one day wrap your head around it.
With a little effort, you might be able to figure out why civil societies require laws and regulations. Notably, almost all laws and regulations are made because people who have individual rights choose to do bad things, making the laws and regulations unfortunately necessary.

Section2

Reaction score
With a little effort, you might be able to figure out why civil societies require laws and regulations. Notably, almost all laws and regulations are made because people who have individual rights choose to do bad things, making the laws and regulations unfortunately necessary.
Nope. They are made because central planners think they can engineer society if only they had control. They fail every time, but the very smart people like you are sure it can be done.

BarnBurner

Reaction score
Nope. They are made because central planners think they can engineer society if only they had control. They fail every time, but the very smart people like you are sure it can be done.
I noticed none of the jamm jamm clan touched the airplane post. Hmmm

Wally

Reaction score
If only Covid had killed half the world, the we could have the freedom we both desire. I have resigned myself to the fact that once you have too many people, rules I don't really like are necessary if you want a civilzed society.

Section2

Reaction score
If only Covid had killed half the world, the we could have the freedom we both desire. I have resigned myself to the fact that once you have too many people, rules I don't really like are necessary if you want a civilzed society.
It’s amusing to me that progressives think the world is overpopulated, and people like Biden team members Zeke Emanuel think people over 75 should be denied care, yet here comes a disease which naturally achieves all of their stated goals and it’s freak out city. How could that be? It’s not hard to figure out.

Wally

Reaction score
It’s amusing to me that progressives think the world is overpopulated, and people like Biden team members Zeke Emanuel think people over 75 should be denied care, yet here comes a disease which naturally achieves all of their stated goals and it’s freak out city. How could that be? It’s not hard to figure out.
I said I think we need more rules because of the sheer number of people. Sorry to break it to you, I don't make policy. You can't cherry pick two people and make judgements like that...Logic Fail!!! Try harder next time.

With Covid, the only thing I really care about is my kids keep going to school. Whatever helps with that I am fine with.

Plausible Deniability

Coffee is for closers
Reaction score
It's what I heard on a podcast recently is called "Cosmetic Theater". It's all for show.

Can someone tell me why an NFL official is wearing a f'ng mask during an NFL game? Not a single person steps foot on the field without being tested, probably multiple times a week. The game is constantly moving, the refs are always on the move, all over the field, not spending "10-15 minutes of constant close contact" with anyone.

Cosmetic theater. Pretty much the most ridiculous thing you've ever seen.

The Las Vegas Raiders were fined $500,000 for Jon Gruden not wearing his mask enough and a few other mask-related items. That's the same amount as the NFL fined Patriots/Bill Belichick for Spygate when the Patriots were spying on and stealing signals from the Jets.

Makes sense, right?

Wally

Reaction score
It's what I heard on a podcast recently is called "Cosmetic Theater". It's all for show.

Can someone tell me why an NFL official is wearing a f'ng mask during an NFL game? Not a single person steps foot on the field without being tested, probably multiple times a week. The game is constantly moving, the refs are always on the move, all over the field, not spending "10-15 minutes of constant close contact" with anyone.

Cosmetic theater. Pretty much the most ridiculous thing you've ever seen.

The Las Vegas Raiders were fined $500,000 for Jon Gruden not wearing his mask enough and a few other mask-related items. That's the same amount as the NFL fined Patriots/Bill Belichick for Spygate when the Patriots were spying on and stealing signals from the Jets.

Makes sense, right?
Who really cares?
They know the rules and presumably agreed to them.

I am sure the NFL has all kinds of other rediculous rules purely for the "optics".

justthefacts

Reaction score
What are the cases like in other KS counties?

As has been mentioned 2000 times in this thread, no one thinks masks are the only thing required. They help when compared to not using them. But if people are spending significant time without masks in public at restaurants, gyms, etc the mandate won't be perfect.

Here's the map of KS. Look at how much more intense things are in western KS, where there were fewer mandates:

Last edited:

cncmin

Reaction score
rightttttttttttt. you're nutty.

Last edited:

Go4Broke

Reaction score
Sanford Health in Sioux Falls fires CEO who refuses to wear mask

The head of one of the largest regional health systems in the Midwest was replaced Tuesday, less than a week after telling employees that he had recovered from COVID-19 and was not wearing a mask around the office.

Sanford Health said in a release that it has “mutually agreed to part ways” with longtime CEO Kelby Krabbenhoft, who took over in 1996 and helped expand the organization from a community hospital into what is billed as the largest rural nonprofit health system in the country.

Krabbenhoft left the executive position after telling employees in an email that he believes he’s now immune to COVID-19 for “at least seven months and perhaps years to come” and that he isn’t a threat to transmit it to anyone. He said wearing a mask would be merely for show.

Other Sanford Health executives tried to distance themselves from the comments. The email set off a chain reaction of both regional and national news stories. What came next was an unprecedented break with Krabbenhoft from members of his senior staff. They sent a second email to employees that framed Krabbenhoft’s email as a “strong desire” to share his personal experience with COVID-19. It apologized to employees who were left frustrated and disappointed by Krabbenhoft’s email.

The second email, which was signed by Bill Gassen, Chief Operating Officer, Matt Hocks, Chief Medical Officer Allison Suttle, Executive Vice President Micah Aberson and Chief of Staff Nathan Peterson, contradicted Krabbenhoft on masks, and that Sanford’s position on requiring them had “unequivocally” not changed.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/25/us/south-dakota-hospital-ceo-mask-trnd/index.html

https://www.argusleader.com/story/n...enhoft-bill-gassen-sanford-health/6416027002/

Wally

Reaction score
I saw the story about him refusing to wear a mask and I kind of figured this would happen. Wonder if he thinks it was worth it?
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Section2

Reaction score
What are the cases like in other KS counties?

As has been mentioned 2000 times in this thread, no one thinks masks are the only thing required. They help when compared to not using them. But if people are spending significant time without masks in public at restaurants, gyms, etc the mandate won't be perfect.

Here's the map of KS. Look at how much more intense things are in western KS, where there were fewer mandates:

You just can’t make such a huge deal about masks, politicize their use, claim the results back you up, and then when it’s shown that mask mandates have done NOTHING, continually back track to “no one says masks are the answer”. The correct response is to dial back on the focus on masks, the politicization, and the shaming and anger. You think they probably help. Great. Let’s leave it there.

Wally

Reaction score
You just can’t make such a huge deal about masks, politicize their use, claim the results back you up, and then when it’s shown that mask mandates have done NOTHING, continually back track to “no one says masks are the answer”. The correct response is to dial back on the focus on masks, the politicization, and the shaming and anger. You think they probably help. Great. Let’s leave it there.
A few people made a big deal about masks. Most people said just wear them, it doesn't affect anything and they are probably marginally effective. I have been pushing for people to wear masks that are proven effective(N95/KN95) from the beginning, its to bad our incompetent federal government didn't push to get them into the hands of as many people as possible.

My parents were spending the winter in Mexico and they took a side trip to Cuba, they got the last flight out of Cuba in the spring lockdowns and barely made it back to the US. I had a stockpile of food and N95 masks waiting for them at their house in March. This shit isn't rocket science...

Section2

Reaction score
A few people made a big deal about masks. Most people said just wear them, it doesn't affect anything and they are probably marginally effective. I have been pushing for people to wear masks that are proven effective(N95/KN95) from the beginning, its to bad our incompetent federal government didn't push to get them into the hands of as many people as possible.

My parents were spending the winter in Mexico and they took a side trip to Cuba, they got the last flight out of Cuba in the spring lockdowns and barely made it back to the US. I had a stockpile of food and N95 masks waiting for them at their house in March. This shit isn't rocket science...
A few? It’s been the sole focus of politicization and outrage since April.

Top Bottom