Do you wear a mask?

When you go out to places like the grocery store, do you wear a mask?

• Yes, I think it helps slow the spread

Votes: 54 44.6%
  • Yes, I'm not sure how much it helps but it's no big deal to wear one

Votes: 29 24.0%
  • Yes, but only because I'm required to

Votes: 11 9.1%
  • No, I don't think it helps

Votes: 11 9.1%
  • No, It's my decision/I'm healthy so not at risk

Votes: 12 9.9%
  • No, They're uncomfortable/can't use them due to a health condition

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • No, it makes us look weak/I'm not going to live in fear

Votes: 7 5.8%
  • Other, post below

Votes: 6 5.0%

• Total voters

Wally

Reaction score
I’m not dying on any hill. Yes, if I have Covid, and properly use a mask, then I will be reducing the amount of viral droplets i eject into the air. Yet states and countries that have instituted mask requirements have often seen cases explode AFTER instituting the policy. People like you just ignore the numbers. Can’t be that you’ve missed something. Can’t be that you haven’t considered some unintended consequences. Can’t be that you don’t totally understand the virus or transmission sufficiently. It’s the stupid people who are wrong.
Maybe the virus is highly transmissable.

But my experience after the mask mandate is that tons of people are not wearing them, except in public where required. I worked in a place with hundreds of people and basically no masks worn, even in packed elevator, this was a month ago. Public couldn't come in, so no one cared.

I was playing hockey, people wore their mask to the locker room as required and immediately take it off and sit in a small room with 12 other people for 20 min pregame and 20 min post game.

This bullshit about people complying with masking is just that bullshit! I saw it every day.

So now we shutdown...

Section2

Reaction score
Maybe the virus is highly transmissable.

But my experience after the mask mandate is that tons of people are not wearing them, except in public where required. I worked in a place with hundreds of people and basically no masks worn, even in packed elevator, this was a month ago. Public couldn't come in, so no one cared.

I was playing hockey, people wore their mask to the locker room as required and immediately take it off and sit in a small room with 12 other people for 20 min pregame and 20 min post game.

This bullshit about people complying with masking is just that bullshit! I saw it every day.

So now we shutdown...
How much spread happened at your work and hockey games?

Section2

Reaction score
The cases explode not because people are wearing masks and social distancing, but because they are not. This isn't difficult to understand in the least.

I'll try to help you out with your thought processes, because you clearly have a severe mental block here. A Governor installs a mask mandate for people in public places and in businesses. Person A gets Covid, through no fault of his own. For a while, Person A is contagious, but non-symptomatic. During this period, Person A wears his mask at the grocery store and at his workplace, but does not wear his mask at home. Within days, Person A's wife (A-B), son (A-C) and daughter (A-D) have come down with Covid. Person A also did not wear his mask at the gym and spreads Covid to Persons A-E, A-F, A-G, and A-H, each of whom spread it to their own families.

During the same asymptomatic period, Person A visits his grandparents (A-I and A-J) and his sister's family (A-K, A-L, and A-M), and in neither case wears a mask around "family". They all come down with Covid days later. Person A also visits his best friends and has a few beers with them. They all get excited about the Gophers win versus Purdue. A week later, Persons A-N and A-O test positive for Covid after showing symptoms. Meanwhile, A-N and A-O have spread the virus to their families. And the spread continues.

All of this is happening because of a lack of mask wearing while under a mask mandate, and it's because of complacency. Mask mandates only work if and when people actually abide by them. Social distancing, combined with mask wearing, only works if and when people do this at all times. It's not the masks failing us, it's the people.
Well, it took you 4 paragraphs of rambling nonsense, but you finally identified a problem with mask mandates, complacency. Nice job. There are many more of course.
yeah, everyone understands the point you’re trying to make. like I said. Either masks are ineffective, or mask mandates are ineffective. You are welcome to pick one or the other.

Wally

Reaction score
How much spread happened at your work and hockey games?
Don't know at work, I was at that work location for about 3 weeks. Other work places have been generally the same, limited to no masks in areas not open to public. I think they only notify known close contacts, so....

I have heard of quite a bit of spread at hockey, not specifically on my team. I received one contact tracing notice that someone on my team got sick the day after we played, I wore my N95 in locker room and now its been a week for me no symptoms. They wouldn't tell me if other people got it on my team, I just play on a random team and don't know any of the people outside hockey. They didn't even tell me which player was infected.

Most people playing hockey play on multiple teams in multiple leagues.

I am just saying that based on my experience you cannot say masks don't work because I see lots of people congregating without them. I am sure all the people I described would say they wear masks because the always wear them in target, grocery ect ect.

cncmin

Reaction score
Well, it took you 4 paragraphs of rambling nonsense, but you finally identified a problem with mask mandates, complacency. Nice job. There are many more of course.
yeah, everyone understands the point you’re trying to make. like I said. Either masks are ineffective, or mask mandates are ineffective. You are welcome to pick one or the other.
You argue out of both sides of your mouth. If masks are effective, and if people would actually wear them like they are requested, we'd tamp down this virus.

Very many doctors, medical organizations, and the CDC have asked us all to reconsider Holiday travel and gatherings. Are you listening, or giving them all the middle finger? If the latter, then you are part of the problem. It's not the fault of the mandate, it's the fault of people like you who think mask wearing is too much of a burden for you and other sensitive little snowflakes. In the end, you and the other sensitive little snowflakes are going to keep this virus around much longer, get more people sick and killed, and shut down the economy far longer than any of this needs to be.

Section2

Reaction score
You argue out of both sides of your mouth. If masks are effective, and if people would actually wear them like they are requested, we'd tamp down this virus.

Very many doctors, medical organizations, and the CDC have asked us all to reconsider Holiday travel and gatherings. Are you listening, or giving them all the middle finger? If the latter, then you are part of the problem. It's not the fault of the mandate, it's the fault of people like you who think mask wearing is too much of a burden for you and other sensitive little snowflakes. In the end, you and the other sensitive little snowflakes are going to keep this virus around much longer, get more people sick and killed, and shut down the economy far longer than any of this needs to be.
No. I stated right from the beginning that mask mandates weren’t working. In multiple countries, you see case outbreaks happen right after mask mandates. So I said, either masks are ineffective, or the mandates are. People like you are the worst, because it can never be your central plans that failed.

BarnBurner

Reaction score
Don't know at work, I was at that work location for about 3 weeks. Other work places have been generally the same, limited to no masks in areas not open to public. I think they only notify known close contacts, so....

I have heard of quite a bit of spread at hockey, not specifically on my team. I received one contact tracing notice that someone on my team got sick the day after we played, I wore my N95 in locker room and now its been a week for me no symptoms. They wouldn't tell me if other people got it on my team, I just play on a random team and don't know any of the people outside hockey. They didn't even tell me which player was infected.

I am just saying that based on my experience you cannot say masks don't work because I see lots of people congregating without them. I am sure all the people I described would say they wear masks because the always wear them in target, grocery ect ect.
Well, if Wallace has the experience..........

Wallace. :ROFLMAO:

Section2

Reaction score

You wore an N95 in a locker room? Lol, you must have stuck out like a sore thumb. I’m more and more convinced you are a bit.

cncmin

Reaction score
No. I stated right from the beginning that mask mandates weren’t working. In multiple countries, you see case outbreaks happen right after mask mandates. So I said, either masks are ineffective, or the mandates are. People like you are the worst, because it can never be your central plans that failed.
THE KANSAS EXPERIMENT. South Korea and east Asia. The data strongly point to the efficacy of mask mandates as being effective. You just ignore that data to continue your blissful world of ignorance. Stop.

cncmin

Reaction score
You wore an N95 in a locker room? Lol, you must have stuck out like a sore thumb. I’m more and more convinced you are a bit.
That's right. Mask mandates work when others make fun of people for wearing masks. The irony of this, I'm sure, goes right over your head.

Spoofin

Reaction score
If one wants to discard the data that most are wearing masks because “they know better”, so be it. Even in that case certainly all would agree more wear them now than before the mandate. In other words, more have worn them during the spike than before the spike. Non compliance to the mask mandate is not the reason for the spike. To keep promoting it as such is sticking your head in the sand.

cncmin

Reaction score
If one wants to discard the data that most are wearing masks because “they know better”, so be it. Even in that case certainly all would agree more wear them now than before the mandate. In other words, more have worn them during the spike than before the spike. Non compliance to the mask mandate is not the reason for the spike. To keep promoting it as such is sticking your head in the sand.
Correlation is not causation.

Wally

Reaction score
You can't say masks aren't working if lots of people congregate without them. People that when surveyed say they wear a mask because they wear it when they go shopping. They don't wear masks everytime they are close proximity to people not in their households.

John Galt

Reaction score
Who wants to bet that after Covid passes, some will want to keep the mask mandate to prevent the flu and other communicable diseases from spreading? We’ll probably be fed bullsh*t data about how effective they were, and told it’s the right thing to do to prevent the elderly from dying. Wait for it.

John Galt

Reaction score
You can't say masks aren't working if lots of people congregate without them. People that when surveyed say they wear a mask because they wear it when they go shopping. They don't wear masks everytime they are close proximity to people not in their households.
Where I work, our temperature is checked every day and masks are strictly enforced. Companies aren’t going to risk non-compliance and bad headlines if they don’t enforce it.

Wally

Reaction score
I never said non-compliance was the reason for the spike, I said you cannot say masks don't work because we had the covid spike due to non-compliance. Its a different argument.

In general I agree cloth masks are mostly a joke and have said repeatedly you should be wearing a N95 or KN95. Cloth masks may limit sone superspreading, but they provide little protection for the wearer.

Wally

Reaction score
Who wants to bet that after Covid passes, some will want to keep the mask mandate to prevent the flu and other communicable diseases from spreading? We’ll probably be fed bullsh*t data about how effective they were, and told it’s the right thing to do to prevent the elderly from dying. Wait for it.
No they won't, Righties love to cry about things that haven't happened yet.

In Asia they have been wearing masks when sick as a courtesy to their fellow citizens for a long time.
American, fuck you all I am proud to be a super vector...

Wally

Reaction score
Where I work, our temperature is checked every day and masks are strictly enforced. Companies aren’t going to risk non-compliance and bad headlines if they don’t enforce it.
Go to a Construction site, our company says masks mandatory, no one complies and none of the other companies workers seem to comply either. I have been on many sites and its pretty much universal. Lots of Trumptards so its no surprise.

John Galt

Reaction score
No they won't, Righties love to cry about things that haven't happened yet.

In Asia they have been wearing masks when sick as a courtesy to their fellow citizens for a long time.
American, fuck you all I am proud to be a super vector...
You appear to not like the concept of individual rights.

John Galt

Reaction score
Go to a Construction site, our company says masks mandatory, no one complies and none of the other companies workers seem to comply either. I have been on many sites and its pretty much universal. Lots of Trumptards so its no surprise.
Can I assume it’s outdoors?

cncmin

Reaction score
"Individual rights" includes the ability to steal from others, injure others, maim others, and kill others, depending on your definition. It's pretty hard to imagine mandating mask wearing in public as intruding on "individual rights" any more than any of these other things.

Wally

Reaction score
Lol, I want the right to shoot people. Why can't I have it??????

I just want my kids in school, if masks help that in any way I am fine with it until this is over.

Wally

Reaction score
Another thing, I had heard of 3, maybe 4 people who have intentionally infected themselves to get two weeks off paid. A guy was selling his covid positive spit for $20 and they would rub it in their nose. This is from someone who was working with them and now works with me.

John Galt

Reaction score
"Individual rights" includes the ability to steal from others, injure others, maim others, and kill others, depending on your definition. It's pretty hard to imagine mandating mask wearing in public as intruding on "individual rights" any more than any of these other things.
Individual rights don’t include the ability to infringe on other people’s rights. So I can’t steal from you or kill you. This is what our judicial system is for.

John Galt

Reaction score
Another thing, I had heard of 3, maybe 4 people who have intentionally infected themselves to get two weeks off paid. A guy was selling his covid positive spit for $20 and they would rub it in their nose. This is from someone who was working with them and now works with me.
Classy. Maybe it’s time for a new job?

GopherJake

Reaction score
You're definitely (purposely?) overstating it, but, to a degree, I agree. I have thought these same things. Imagine at the entrance to First Ave - ticket, id and temp check, please. Also, I believe you will for sure see some public pressure and voluntary use of masks. Maybe the public pressure will be "hey, we aren't going to force you to stay in your house, if you have the sniffles, but geez, can you please wear a mask and learn how to contain your sneeze, idiot." Interesting to contemplate. But yes, keep government out of it - at the very most, PSAs.

cncmin

Reaction score
Individual rights don’t include the ability to infringe on other people’s rights. So I can’t steal from you or kill you. This is what our judicial system is for.
The mandate is to wear a mask in public.

You can, of course, go against the law and steal from others, just like you can, of course, go against the mandate and refuse to wear a mask, which propagates spread of a harmful virus to the point of harm to others. Yes, you ARE infringing on the rights of others, whether you like to admit it or not. Their lives matter too. The points you are trying to make are illogical and hypocritical.

Some people don't like wearing seatbelts or motorcycle helmets. Your argument: so what! It's their choice! My argument: Yeah, but, if someone gets in an accident with them and they aren't wearing their seatbelt or motorcycle helmet and they are injured or die because of it, not only does this permanently alter the life of the other person too, but all of our insurance premiums increase because some injured/dead jackwad thought seatbelts were just too much of a burden.

None of these mandates are being made out of reasoning other than balanced reasoning to do what's best for us all, whether you agree or disagree with the extent of the mandates.

Last edited:

Wally

Reaction score
No helmets required in MN, which I agree with. Its probably good because a dead motorcyclist is cheaper for insurance than a maimed one.😎

Top Bottom