Do you wear a mask?

When you go out to places like the grocery store, do you wear a mask?

• Yes, I think it helps slow the spread

Votes: 54 44.6%
  • Yes, I'm not sure how much it helps but it's no big deal to wear one

Votes: 30 24.8%
  • Yes, but only because I'm required to

Votes: 11 9.1%
  • No, I don't think it helps

• No, It's my decision/I'm healthy so not at risk

• No, They're uncomfortable/can't use them due to a health condition

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • No, it makes us look weak/I'm not going to live in fear

Votes: 7 5.8%
  • Other, post below

Votes: 6 5.0%

• Total voters

oak_street1981

Reaction score
Keep pretending that flimsy, dirty mask helps you one bit.

Unless you have a good supply of N95 masks, and someone who knows how to "fit' one, you are pretty much wasting your time.

I have an array of masks at my disposal, and I wear a blue WR mask for show when forced to, but please what a complete waste of time this all is!

There are no solid, peer reviewed studies to support the mask hysteria, and the one that is ready to go is being tamped down, since it does not fit he current mask narrative.

Science and Media are dead.

Gopher_In_NYC

Reaction score
Keep pretending that flimsy, dirty mask helps you one bit.

Unless you have a good supply of N95 masks, and someone who knows how to "fit' one, you are pretty much wasting your time.

I have an array of masks at my disposal, and I wear a blue WR mask for show when forced to, but please what a complete waste of time this all is!

There are no solid, peer reviewed studies to support the mask hysteria, and the one that is ready to go is being tamped down, since it does not fit he current mask narrative.

Science and Media are dead.
Got a little tuned up watching the VIkes gam, huh? Basing this on the timing of your post.

No bike ride today, huh?

By the way, since you portend as an expert, what exactly is on you CV which qualifies you as one?

1605616545834.png

golf

Reaction score
Yeah, mask issue is confusing to me. European countries have had mask mandates yet their numbers are skyrocketing. I have read researched articles in medical/scientific journals that say masks dont help.

GoodasGold

Reaction score
Yeah, mask issue is confusing to me. European countries have had mask mandates yet their numbers are skyrocketing. I have read researched articles in medical/scientific journals that say masks dont help.
Keep reading those journals. 👍

Ogee Oglethorpe

Over Macho Grande?
Reaction score
Check out Broke, digging all the way down to Vox for this kind of revolutionary information.

Wally

Reaction score
😂
Ok whatever, I have been "fit tested" for N95'S before, its basically just learning to wear the mask. You put it on, they puff you with Bitrex powder and if you can taste it then the mask isn't sealed.

Wear an N95 or KN95, as long as the mask sucks to your face a bit when you inhale and you don't feel air going around the mask its probably pretty good.

Gopher_In_NYC

Reaction score
😂
Ok whatever, I have been "fit tested" for N95'S before, its basically just learning to wear the mask. You put it on, they puff you with Bitrex powder and if you can taste it then the mask isn't sealed.

Wear an N95 or KN95, as long as the mask sucks to your face a bit when you inhale and you don't feel air going around the mask its probably pretty good.
Good post - they're kinda self explanatory for most of us - he must be like Einstein, in that simple tasks befuddle someone with that type of superior intelligence

cncmin

Reaction score
It's really not confusing at all. People are NOT wearing masks 100% of the time, never when eating, and rarely around family and friends. The masks work to reduce infection rates significantly, but people actually have to wear them.

My workplace didn't have a mask policy at first and we had an outbreak in Covid back in March/April. In April my workplace instituted a forced mask-wearing policy, and we have had very few cases since then, with no known cases of transmission while at work (the few cases of coworkers getting Covid since April have been attributed to outside of the workplace).

Look at the results in Kansas. Go4Broke posted them above. There's really no need to argue against masks. They - when combined with social distancing - dramatically decrease transmission rates. This is proven by data source after data source after data source.

golf

Reaction score
Havent been following this thread all that closely, but my understanding is there is pretty much research agreement that masks dont protect the wearer. Therefore it is especially important for people with pre existing conditions to be aware of that fact.

RahSkiUMah

Reaction score
Havent been following this thread all that closely, but my understanding is there is pretty much research agreement that masks dont protect the wearer. Therefore it is especially important for people with pre existing conditions to be aware of that fact.
Jury is still out, there is probably a nonzero benefit to the wearer for cloth masks, likely higher for a surgical mask. But you’re right, people should be conscious of the fact that wearing a mask isn’t a license to do whatever you want.

BarnBurner

Reaction score
Jury is still out, there is probably a nonzero benefit to the wearer for cloth masks, likely higher for a surgical mask. But you’re right, people should be conscious of the fact that wearing a mask isn’t a license to do whatever you want.
Science.

oak_street1981

Reaction score
I better find that study that came out today on the normal slug wearing a mask.

Peer reviewed an and all!

oak_street1981

Reaction score
😂

OK, ha ha ha.. about 2percent of the public will ever be able to "self' fit a mask.. The reality is no one that you see wearing a mask is doing squat.

oak_street1981

Reaction score
Got a little tuned up watching the VIkes gam, huh? Basing this on the timing of your post.

No bike ride today, huh?

By the way, since you portend as an expert, what exactly is on you CV which qualifies you as one?

View attachment 10483
Sorry, I have been off for a few days, in a nice tropic place and not been inclined to log on but:

- i cover late shifts to no I have no pattern when I post, I tend to be up from 12PM to 5AM most of the time and sometimes bored, and internet service is spotty where I have been.

-I have not been a Vikings fans since about 1999, but I hope for the best

- I only ride my bike when the streets are clear of ice and muck, maybe in NYC you do better

-In Supply Chain and Operations we know all about PPE and 'fit" and every Safety Consultant knows ill fitted masks area complete distraction and waste of time

I'll post the real "science" study that came out today on masks as soon as re-locate it.

RahSkiUMah

Reaction score
OK, ha ha ha.. about 2percent of the public will ever be able to "self' fit a mask.. The reality is no one that you see wearing a mask is doing squat.
You’re saying a fit tested N95 is protective against COVID and the flu? Everything else is junk?

oak_street1981

Reaction score
Sorry, I have been off for a few days, and in a nice warm place and not been inclined to log on but:

- i decide when i work, and tend to do it late, so I have no pattern when I post, I tend sleep randomly and to be up from 12PM to 7AM due to time zone realities most of the time and sometimes bored, and internet service is spotty where I have been.

Post work, I like to stay up for a few hours and sometimes choke down a few Belgian beers when posting, but I guess that is a crime.

-I have not been a Vikings fans since about 1999, but I hope for the best for that team. (Gopher fan mainly)

- I only ride my bike when the streets are clear of ice and muck, maybe in NYC you do better

-In Supply Chain and Operations we know all about PPE and 'fit" and every Safety Consultant knows ill fitted masks area complete distraction and waste of time

I'll post the real "science" study that came out today on masks as soon as relocate it.

oak_street1981

Reaction score
You’re saying a fit tested N95 is protective against COVID and the flu? Everything else is junk?

NO

Mask wearing by the ignorant public, who have no idea how to fit a mask, if they had one that was already not dirty and infested, is not helping anyone in stopping COVID to any meaningful level.

Again, a peer reviewed study, repressed since before the erection , came out today.

Last edited:

oak_street1981

Reaction score
Good post - they're kinda self explanatory for most of us - he must be like Einstein, in that simple tasks befuddle someone with that type of superior intelligence
OK, big NYC high hat guy, (Gopher_In_NYC,) give us your "CV" since you know so much I'll be waiting to read it.

You demand we give some background to validate our points, so get to it...... Cal? Harvard? Yale, Duke???

RahSkiUMah

Reaction score
NO

Mask wearing by the ignorant public, who have no idea how to fit a mask, if they had one that was already not dirty and infested, is not helping anyone in stopping COVID to any meaningful level.

Again, a peer reviewed study, repressed since before the erection , came out today.
We could actually discuss the findings and limitations of that study, but I have a feeling you don’t actually care about the actual science of it.

Before COVID, a couple of studies found that surgical masks were essentially equivalent to N95s when it comes to influenza transmission...doesn’t seem convenient for your message though.

Top Bottom