Do you wear a mask?

When you go out to places like the grocery store, do you wear a mask?

• Yes, I think it helps slow the spread

Votes: 54 44.6%
  • Yes, I'm not sure how much it helps but it's no big deal to wear one

Votes: 30 24.8%
  • Yes, but only because I'm required to

Votes: 11 9.1%
  • No, I don't think it helps

• No, It's my decision/I'm healthy so not at risk

• No, They're uncomfortable/can't use them due to a health condition

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • No, it makes us look weak/I'm not going to live in fear

Votes: 7 5.8%
  • Other, post below

Votes: 6 5.0%

• Total voters

cjbfbp

Reaction score
You just described in one of your posts above why it's not working and you did so with disgustingly smug sarcasm.

A friend of mine got COVID a few weeks ago. He was hospitalized and is suffering terribly still. He anticipates having to retire a few years early because he really doesn't know whether he can go back to working. He only wore a mask when he absolutely had to as he went along with the prevalent culture of most of his associates.

I won't say what I would like to say to you because that might get me banned. I will just say that there are a number evil people on this board but you just might be the worst of them all. In your case, Hannah Arendt's famous phrase "the banality of evil" comes to mind.

Bad Gopher

A Loner, A Rebel
Reaction score
You just described in one of your posts above why it's not working and you did so with disgustingly smug sarcasm.

A friend of mine got COVID a few weeks ago. He was hospitalized and is suffering terribly still. He anticipates having to retire a few years early because he really doesn't know whether he can go back to working. He only wore a mask when he absolutely had to as he went along with the prevalent culture of most of his associates.

I won't say what I would like to say to you because that might get me banned. I will just say that there are a number evil people on this board but you just might be the worst of them all. In your case, Hannah Arendt's famous phrase "the banality of evil" comes to mind.
Sorry to hear about your friend. Best wishes.

GopherWeatherGuy

Reaction score

Interesting because I didn’t describe anything in the post you quoted.

I know 3 more people who have tested positive, 20 total, none of them have had anything but a cold for a few days or were asymptomatic.

It sounds like your friend is close to the known high risk range, I hope they get better soon.

OldBob53

Reaction score
Masks are clearly for pussies and those with IQs above 80.

Wally

Reaction score
Don't be the weakling who goes along. Sorry but if you can't stand up to peer pressure as an adult you are pathetic. Sucks to be him, bet he regrets not taking it seriously.

As I keep saying wear an N95 or KN95, why not, they had them at Menards today. At my work mask wearing has been going down consistently and now is under 20%, I am just waiting until I can laugh at an outbreak, I wear my N95 pretty much all the time.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Right. They are. Not him. :rolleyes:
He’s tested everyday and he’s 10 feet away from mask wearing media, not to mention his comments would likely be momentary.

How do these people go in public to a outdoor restaurant or go to the grocery store?

Follow the science!!!

howeda7

Reaction score
He’s tested everyday and he’s 10 feet away from mask wearing media, not to mention his comments would likely be momentary.

How do these people go in public to a outdoor restaurant or go to the grocery store?

Follow the science!!!
He's tested every day? He works at one the the worst hot spots around. How hard it is to talk through a mask? These reporters do it every day.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
He's tested every day? He works at one the the worst hot spots around. How hard it is to talk through a mask? These reporters do it every day.
Reporters wear one when they think the cameras are on.

Also a CNN reporter.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Thanks for a video clip from 5 months ago. Did you have a point?
What difference does it make if it was 5 months ago. CV was just coming off its peak new daily death totals 5 months ago. Are we to believe that WH reporters thought they weren’t in jeopardy of catching CV 5 months ago?

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
What happened to the left’s freedom of choice when it comes to making decisions about your own body?

The left has repeatedly and loudly told us that decisions about our body are solely OUR RIGHT. But when it comes to mask wearing in places when people are attending optional events that are voluntarily, shouldn’t it be their choice whether they wear a mask or not?

Abortions kills viable fetuses, so saying that not wearing a mask will kill others is a lefty logic fail.

I’m for compromise on both, stopping late term abortions or abortions of fetuses that are viable life and wearing masks when in public places of life necessity, like stores, schools, businesses, etc.

But criticizing Trump supporters for attending rallies without masking up is highly hypocritical to the ‘freedom of choice’ and ‘my body, my choice’ mantras of the left.

GophersInIowa

Reaction score
What happened to the left’s freedom of choice when it comes to making decisions about your own body?

The left has repeatedly and loudly told us that decisions about our body are solely OUR RIGHT. But when it comes to mask wearing in places when people are attending optional events that are voluntarily, shouldn’t it be their choice whether they wear a mask or not?

Abortions kills viable fetuses, so saying that not wearing a mask will kill others is a lefty logic fail.

I’m for compromise on both, stopping late term abortions or abortions of fetuses that are viable life and wearing masks when in public places of life necessity, like stores, schools, businesses, etc.

But criticizing Trump supporters for attending rallies without masking up is highly hypocritical to the ‘freedom of choice’ and ‘my body, my choice’ mantras of the left.
It’s really hypocritical of both sides. There are also many people screaming abortion is murder or whatever and then downplaying COVID deaths and their actions in the pandemic. If someone is pro-life they should be for measures that help lessen the spread.

Wally

Reaction score

Is it to late to abort you?

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
It’s really hypocritical of both sides. There are also many people screaming abortion is murder or whatever and then downplaying COVID deaths and their actions in the pandemic. If someone is pro-life they should be for measures that help lessen the spread.
You’re leaving out the other end of the hypocrisy. I said what the compromise is.

However, unless you’re against abortion of viable fetuses, you’re a hypocrite too. I am against the abortion of viable, late term unborn babies. And want people to wear masks when interacting with others during the course of doing necessary tasks or in-person interactions. But if you believe that most or all abortions are okay, you shouldn’t be telling people that they must wear masks.

GophersInIowa

Reaction score
You’re leaving out the other end of the hypocrisy. I said what the compromise is.

However, unless you’re against abortion of viable fetuses, you’re a hypocrite too. I am against the abortion of viable, late term unborn babies. And want people to wear masks when interacting with others during the course of doing necessary tasks or in-person interactions. But if you believe that most or all abortions are okay, you shouldn’t be telling people that they must wear masks.
I’m pro life.

Top Bottom