Do you wear a mask?

When you go out to places like the grocery store, do you wear a mask?

• Yes, I think it helps slow the spread

Votes: 54 44.6%
  • Yes, I'm not sure how much it helps but it's no big deal to wear one

Votes: 30 24.8%
  • Yes, but only because I'm required to

Votes: 11 9.1%
  • No, I don't think it helps

• No, It's my decision/I'm healthy so not at risk

• No, They're uncomfortable/can't use them due to a health condition

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • No, it makes us look weak/I'm not going to live in fear

Votes: 7 5.8%
  • Other, post below

Votes: 6 5.0%

• Total voters

GophersInIowa

Reaction score
The fact that we have no idea should be really kind of alarming. It's probably unlikely, but the reduction in transmission could be almost negligible. We don't know. I guess that's my point. It's one big political football, for the most part.

At the very VERY least, people wearing masks outdoors seems to be pretty damn ridiculous
Why is that alarming? That’s how the world works many times. If we have to be 100% certain something works before doing it, we won’t be doing a whole lot. The risk is pretty much non-existent so what’s the harm?

BarnBurner

Reaction score
Why is that alarming? That’s how the world works many times. If we have to be 100% certain something works before doing it, we won’t be doing a whole lot. The risk is pretty much non-existent so what’s the harm?
Mandating something that may might could help is asinine, that is why it is alarming. You seem like a good dude and this mask insistence by you is bizarre.
Sure hope you never need positive absolute proof on something.

GopherWeatherGuy

Reaction score
Ok so they closed briefly. Why no masks then? They’ve been around for 100s of years.

GophersInIowa

Reaction score
Mandating something that may might could help is asinine, that is why it is alarming. You seem like a good dude and this mask insistence by you is bizarre.
Sure hope you never need positive absolute proof on something.
Exactly why is it asinine? Please explain. People act like it causes huge changes and disruptions in their lives. How spoiled are we that wearing a mask is such an inconvenience?

And to be fair, I’ve never pushed for a mandate. We shouldn’t need one because people should be willing to do something so simple that may help others. It just blows my mind how hard some push back against such an easy thing.

bga1

Reaction score
Exactly why is it asinine? Please explain. People act like it causes huge changes and disruptions in their lives. How spoiled are we that wearing a mask is such an inconvenience?

And to be fair, I’ve never pushed for a mandate. We shouldn’t need one because people should be willing to do something so simple that may help others. It just blows my mind how hard some push back against such an easy thing.
No mandate, no pushback. You want to wear a mask? Do it. If others don't then fine. If that bothers you, then stay 6 feet away from those who don't.

Masks don't seem to work. Show me the change since the mandate in Minnesota. In fact they may well do some harm.

GophersInIowa

Reaction score
Ok so they closed briefly. Why no masks then? They’ve been around for 100s of years.
I believe a key difference is the swine flu and flu in general are mainly spread from symptomatic people where presymptomatic people are thought to be big spreaders of COVID.

GophersInIowa

Reaction score
No mandate, no pushback. You want to wear a mask? Do it. If others don't then fine. If that bothers you, then stay 6 feet away from those who don't.

Masks don't seem to work. Show me the change since the mandate in Minnesota. In fact they may well do some harm.
It’s not about me. I know if I get it I will probably be fine. But I also know that my actions and the actions of others around me can affect others like my daughter’s daycare (someone’s livelihood), or my parents who are both older than the median age for ICU patients in MN. I also can’t stay 6 feet away from everyone at my job. Many people are in that situation.

How do you know the numbers wouldn’t be worse without masks? MN has seen the positive test rate go down recently (see below). Or how about California that’s had a mask mandate and their cases and deaths per million is much lower than states like Florida, Texas and Georgia.

GSUsTALON

Reaction score
StockerOfBrock08 has stated that he has tested & perfected a Coved mask. He says you're to take your jock strap, wear it, never taking it off and don't take a bath or shower for 4 weeks. You can then use it as a Coved mask.

The premise is that the FUNGS in the Jock Mask will destroy the virus on contact . You must not wash the mask and wear it again on your loins when you go to bed. Showers are prohibitive..

Then again Stocker may be able to grow a SUPER FUNGUS, in the bushlands, that would kill the average man.

Last edited:

GSUsTALON

Reaction score
It’s not about me. I know if I get it I will probably be fine. But I also know that my actions and the actions of others around me can affect others like my daughter’s daycare (someone’s livelihood), or my parents who are both older than the median age for ICU patients in MN. I also can’t stay 6 feet away from everyone at my job. Many people are in that situation.

How do you know the numbers wouldn’t be worse without masks? MN has seen the positive test rate go down recently (see below). Or how about California that’s had a mask mandate and their cases and deaths per million is much lower than states like Florida, Texas and Georgia.
Thumbs Up, It's better to be careful & wise than contaminate someone accidentally. If you check with Stocker I think he can hook you up with one of his Bio Masks!

Last edited:

GSUsTALON

Reaction score
GophersInIowa said:

And to be fair, I’ve never pushed for a mandate.
We shouldn’t need one because people should be willing to do something so simple that may help others. It just blows my mind how hard some push back against such an easy thing
__________________________________________________________________________-____

I have to agree with you. Although a paper or cloth mask can not protect you 100%, they do help protect the spread. For a person that has Coved the large droplets are cote in the mask thus cutting down the distance of the spread. If you are also wearing a mask than the small particles that do seep through the person that is infected & wearing a mask. No its not a 100% protection method, but it does help the spread. I find that a cloth mask is easer to breath through and does not heat up as much + it's washable. Why not side on the side of some protection for yourself and others than not doing anything that is your control?

GopherBlood666

Reaction score
That’s fair. There certainly is a wide range of opinions and results from studies. Some say it works more than others. I’ve always said that. My opinion will continue to be that it’s not a big deal to wear them so why not in case it does help? 3% doesn’t seem like much but it’s a lot when you consider the entire population. I just think it’s a little ridiculous that something must be proven with 100% certainty for it to be done, especially when it’s something extremely simple.
Not looking for 100% by any means. If I was able to find multiple medical opinions that were to indicate masks were reducing spread by 50% or greater and not just 3%, I would be very open to discussions on public mask mandates. It's more about the mandate than the mask. Governments tend to not like to give back power once they have it. My opinions are far more on the side of not trusting corrupt or inept politicians than not trusting science. It is the science that tells me it's overblown. I will say it as many times as I have to, look at what is happening in australia. The mask mandate just kicks in the door to medical tyranny and control. I do not have enough faith in our leaders for them to not go through that door running full speed. Now you have the mayor of houston saying people will randomly show up to your door to draw blood for a covid test. Where does it end and when will people say enough? If they are scared enough it will not end and that's the game of politics.

GSUsTALON

Reaction score
Not looking for 100% by any means. If I was able to find multiple medical opinions that were to indicate masks were reducing spread by 50% or greater and not just 3%, I would be very open to discussions on public mask mandates. It's more about the mandate than the mask. Governments tend to not like to give back power once they have it. My opinions are far more on the side of not trusting corrupt or inept politicians than not trusting science. It is the science that tells me it's overblown. I will say it as many times as I have to, look at what is happening in australia. The mask mandate just kicks in the door to medical tyranny and control. I do not have enough faith in our leaders for them to not go through that door running full speed. Now you have the mayor of houston saying people will randomly show up to your door to draw blood for a covid test. Where does it end and when will people say enough? If they are scared enough it will not end and that's the game of politics.
Not to be disrespectful but you need to look a little deeper into the basic mask!

GopherBlood666

Reaction score
Not to be disrespectful but you need to look a little deeper into the basic mask!
In what way? No disrespect taken, my message was that the inconvenience of the mask is only a small part of why I am opposed.

gopher7

Reaction score
The left red bar is when Hawaii's indoor mask mandate went into effect, and the right bar is when the outdoor mandate when into effect. Honolulu's mayor said that if wearing a mask outside is prohibiting you from exercising, then you need to reduce your activity or stop doing it.

1600695936342.png

BarnBurner

Reaction score
In case you missed it, Governor Walz, unmasked, attended an RBG event last night in a crowd of "several hundred," in violation of his own executive orders limiting crowd sizes to 250. His own edict, ignored here, is being used to inflict punitive fines, shut down small businesses, take licenses away, and cause mass layoffs across the State. Remember the rodeo? Remember the letter two weeks ago to Trump saying he couldn't have a crowd in excess to 250? Governor, the hypocrisy is deafening.
For a clearer photo of Walz, you can see it reported here: https://www.bemidjipioneer.com/.../6671498-Minneapolis...

MASKS!!!!!

Wally

Reaction score

Masks don't seem to work. Show me the change since the mandate in
Just wear an N95 or probably a KN95 and you will reduce your exposure by at least 90% and as long as it doesn't have a vent you probably reduce the publics exposure to you a similar amount. Pretty easy, I see ads all over the internet for them. Or don't and possibly infect someone you care about. Its not rocket science.

Spoofin

Reaction score
In case you missed it, Governor Walz, unmasked, attended an RBG event last night in a crowd of "several hundred," in violation of his own executive orders limiting crowd sizes to 250. His own edict, ignored here, is being used to inflict punitive fines, shut down small businesses, take licenses away, and cause mass layoffs across the State. Remember the rodeo? Remember the letter two weeks ago to Trump saying he couldn't have a crowd in excess to 250? Governor, the hypocrisy is deafening.
For a clearer photo of Walz, you can see it reported here: https://www.bemidjipioneer.com/.../6671498-Minneapolis...
This doesn't surprise me at all. Walz is a POS.

GSUsTALON

Reaction score
Just wear an N95 or probably a KN95 and you will reduce your exposure by at least 90% and as long as it doesn't have a vent you probably reduce the publics exposure to you a similar amount. Pretty easy, I see ads all over the internet for them. Or don't and possibly infect someone you care about. Its not rocket science.
O
If you watch the short video, keep an open mind and use basic science you will see how a simple mask works to stop the spread of coved.

Last edited:

GSUsTALON

Reaction score

MASKS!!!!!
Yet we have a choice of not being so foolish.

GopherBlood666

Reaction score
I have never seen any studies reporting as high as 90% on the N95. Even if it was, then you would have to mandate that EVERYONE wear the most effective mask possible which you know is not happening. Again, the ineffective mask is only a small part of the equation of the real issue. The biggest issue is the slippery slope of our eroding liberties. Do you only watch CNN?

GSUsTALON

Reaction score
I have never seen any studies reporting as high as 90% on the N95. Even if it was, then you would have to mandate that EVERYONE wear the most effective mask possible which you know is not happening. Again, the ineffective mask is only a small part of the equation of the real issue. The biggest issue is the slippery slope of our eroding liberties. Do you only watch CNN?

You don't have to have a N95 mask to slow down the virus until a vaccine is ready. You can wear a regular mask, use distance and wash your hand and fore arms when you come back from the store or wherever people are touching things or in tight places.

GopherBlood666

Reaction score
You don't have to have a N95 mask to slow down the virus until a vaccine is ready. You can wear a regular mask, use distance and wash your hand and fore arms when you come back from the store or wherever people are touching things or in tight places.
Cloth masks do not slow down anything. A vaccine can not prevent a caronavirus. If a vaccine was possible, no one would ever get the cold or a flu. Whatever they are concocting in their mad scientist laboratory is not going in my body. Early trials showing 100% side effect rates in humans. How long are you going to wear a mask for? 1 year, 2, 5 years? Never taking it off again? Wake up!

diehard

Reaction score
Doesn't work that way. You are putting your family at risk. Fortunately you should all have natural immunity. CV19 is a trial run. They have fooled you.

bga1

Reaction score
Yet we have a choice of not being so foolish.

Cool video. However, there are many drawbacks of masks. People tend to touch their faces often, adjust their masks, then spread the virus by hand and get a false sense of security. I prefer social distance. Works better. Thanks!
There is no evidence that masks, when mandated...have actually worked.
There is no need for masks. If you want to wear one...do so.

Wally

Reaction score
I don't watch cable news and maybe watch local news once every two weeks unless I have a specific reason to tune in. All I needed to hear was when they said "don't wear a mask, they don't work, we need them for healthcare workers". I have been wearing an N95 when shopping ect since then, I was one of the first wearing masks and I told my wife I need to be one who makes it acceptable because I knew we would be wearing them before long. Its so obvious that people treating Covid patients wear N95'S because THEY WORK!!

How exactly is wearing a mask eroding your liberties more than wearing pants?????
Answer that.....

GopherBlood666

Reaction score
I don't watch cable news and maybe watch local news once every two weeks unless I have a specific reason to tune in. All I needed to hear was when they said "don't wear a mask, they don't work, we need them for healthcare workers". I have been wearing an N95 when shopping ect since then, I was one of the first wearing masks and I told my wife I need to be one who makes it acceptable because I knew we would be wearing them before long. Its so obvious that people treating Covid patients wear N95'S because THEY WORK!!

How exactly is wearing a mask eroding your liberties more than wearing pants?????
Answer that.....
If that is a serious question then there is no explanation that would ever satisfy you. Wearing a mask voluntarily is fine, the mandates are the issue. Next it's law. Next you are being arrested for walking outside without a mask. Next you are arrested for leaving your house. Etc, etc... Also I'm fairly confident there is a section of the Nuremberg code that restricts govt from mandating face coverings and vaccinations.

Wally

Reaction score
If that is a serious question then there is no explanation that would ever satisfy you. Wearing a mask voluntarily is fine, the mandates are the issue. Next it's law. Next you are being arrested for walking outside without a mask. Next you are arrested for leaving your house. Etc, etc... Also I'm fairly confident there is a section of the Nuremberg code that restricts govt from mandating face coverings and vaccinations.
Its a serious question, i see no valid reason to require people to wear clothes, makes Zero sense to me. I lean towards maximum freedom as long as you are not hurting someone else I don't care what you do. Masks, at least there is a good reason to require them TEMPORARILY, keyword!!!

bottlebass

Main Member
Reaction score
I wish I was surprised but I'm not. It's embarrassing a few obviously selfish unintelligent morons are still trying to justify not wearing a mask in public. Grow up you pussies.

GopherBlood666

Reaction score
Its a serious question, i see no valid reason to require people to wear clothes, makes Zero sense to me. I lean towards maximum freedom as long as you are not hurting someone else I don't care what you do. Masks, at least there is a good reason to require them TEMPORARILY, keyword!!!
Right disregard everything I said to reiterate your point. If it were temporary with a set end, that is one thing. At this point, there is no guarantee they will ever lift mandates, that is the troubling part. Comparing wearing pants which has been accepted standard of decency for centuries vs. mask mandates for a scamdemic is an idiotic take at best. Maybe you can use the seatbelt analogy next?

Top Bottom