Do you wear a mask?

When you go out to places like the grocery store, do you wear a mask?

• Yes, I think it helps slow the spread

Votes: 50 43.9%
  • Yes, I'm not sure how much it helps but it's no big deal to wear one

Votes: 26 22.8%
  • Yes, but only because I'm required to

Votes: 11 9.6%
  • No, I don't think it helps

Votes: 11 9.6%
  • No, It's my decision/I'm healthy so not at risk

Votes: 12 10.5%
  • No, They're uncomfortable/can't use them due to a health condition

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • No, it makes us look weak/I'm not going to live in fear

Votes: 7 6.1%
  • Other, post below

Votes: 6 5.3%

• Total voters

Gopher_In_NYC

Reaction score
Haha, that was posted 5 months ago. WTF, taking a page out of the jtf pagebook?
What a douche. #LiberalismIsAMentalDisorder
Excuse me as I forgot to give 'you a snuggle last night after rebuking -

1600165320455.png

That feels so much better - thanks!

GophersInIowa

Reaction score
Lol.....

Just think how they'd react if they had to ration, as happened in WWII -

Rationing Duration
TiresJanuary 1942 to December 1945
CarsFebruary 1942 to October 1945
BicyclesJuly 1942 to September 1945
GasolineMay 1942 to August 1945
Fuel Oil & KeroseneOctober 1942 to August 1945
Solid FuelsSeptember 1943 to August 1945
StovesDecember 1942 to August 1945
Rubber FootwearOctober 1942 to September 1945
ShoesFebruary 1943 to October 1945
SugarMay 1942 to 1947
CoffeeNovember 1942 to July 1943
Processed FoodsMarch 1943 to August 1945
Meats, canned fishMarch 1943 to November 1945
Cheese, canned milk, fatsMarch 1943 to November 1945
TypewritersMarch 1942 to April 1944
Good Lord, they would have wanted to surrender for a cup of joe and we'd all be eating strudel with Sgt. Schultz's relatives....
I still see from time to time posts that show D-Day and then something like “that generation volunteered to go into battle, putting their lives on the line”. Then another photo of someone with a mask on hiding behind a tree or something saying “the current generation is scared of the flu”.

The other way to look at is that generation was willing to sacrifice, on the battlefield and at home. We currently have people that aren’t willing to sacrifice anything, including just wearing a mask once in awhile.

Ogee Oglethorpe

Over Macho Grande?
Reaction score
Great quote. Pretty much says it all.
Give me a break. Just stupid talk. If you could directly show us all that masks save lives directly like seat belts save lives, very very few if any would have an issue. Stop being disingenuous. The primary issue is almost ZERO consensus over just how effective, if at all, wearing a mask is.

But feel free to keep pumping this "oppression" and "mask-defying" narrative since it fits what you're being fed on a daily basis

Bad Gopher

A Loner, A Rebel
Reaction score
Give me a break. Just stupid talk. If you could directly show us all that masks save lives directly like seat belts save lives, very very few if any would have an issue. Stop being disingenuous. The primary issue is almost ZERO consensus over just how effective, if at all, wearing a mask is.

But feel free to keep pumping this "oppression" and "mask-defying" narrative since it fits what you're being fed on a daily basis
All Target's done is add mask to shirt and shoes. Even if the government didn't require it, they would. They're within their rights. Respect it.

BarnBurner

Reaction score

Cant and cant.

GII and Bad are truly virtuous.

Ogee Oglethorpe

Over Macho Grande?
Reaction score
All Target's done is add mask to shirt and shoes. Even if the government didn't require it, they would. They're within their rights. Respect it.
I wear a mask where it's required to enter the business. Plain and simple. There will come a point in the near future where some are requiring it and some are not; and people will make consumer decisions with that as a factor and it will probably be reflected in the bottom line.

Consumers make decisions based on things like this all the time. I take my clients out for lunch most days. Sometimes fast food is on the agenda, unfortunately; Five Guys burgers is one that we used to frequent but they still do not have indoor seating for eating there and as a result, we haven't been there in a few months. Many other places are allowing indoor seating, like the place literally right next door, so we go to those places.

Consumers have choices, and that's how they 'vote', no doubt about it.

Ope3

Reaction score
My Pearl Jam 3-pack finally arrived. They are the bomb, thick but breathable, and really thin adjustable straps make them quite comfortable.

Let's just breathe

GopherBlood666

Reaction score
It appears 65% of voters on this poll have not done any independent research. I'll wear a mask inside of a public/private business if asked, but I was avoiding those before the state passed mandate. By the way, when will that end? Ever? The only thing preventing us from going back to "normal" is our willingness to comply with phony orders. Masks are purely a tool to gauge who is a good follower. The more you submit to, the more that will be taken. Look around the world, people are literally being disappeared or arrested for anti-mask/anti-lockdown sentiment. You can be thrown out of a public space for not wearing a mask when you're not sick and masks don't even work? Problem, reaction, solution is the oldest political trick for getting the populous to lay down their liberty. Everyone clamoring for masks right now are mostly saying no big deal, it's only a mask you selfish covid spreader. Lay down and then lay down again and then lay down again and then see where we are in 5 years. Look at where Australia is RIGHT NOW. If we don't say no it will NOT stop. Censorship has ramped up 10 fold in the name of medical fascism.

Spoofin

Reaction score
Do those protestors want to talk about rights? They don't recognize Target's right to run a business in a way that's sensitive to the health and well-being of their customers.
Those protestors are complete idiots and tools. I would guess most people that don’t like masks would also agree with that.

GopherWeatherGuy

Reaction score
One of the first clips I heard from Biden's speech in Duluth yesterday is that if everyone just masked up, the US would save 100,000 lives between now and the end of the year.

So if everyone masks up, no one will die from COVID, because we haven't even lost 100,000 over the last 3 months.

There's your Scientific American endorsed candidate for president.

cjbfbp

Reaction score
I wear a mask where it's required to enter the business. Plain and simple. There will come a point in the near future where some are requiring it and some are not; and people will make consumer decisions with that as a factor and it will probably be reflected in the bottom line.

Consumers make decisions based on things like this all the time. I take my clients out for lunch most days. Sometimes fast food is on the agenda, unfortunately; Five Guys burgers is one that we used to frequent but they still do not have indoor seating for eating there and as a result, we haven't been there in a few months. Many other places are allowing indoor seating, like the place literally right next door, so we go to those places.

Consumers have choices, and that's how they 'vote', no doubt about it.
Fine. But what you are describing isn't what anti-mask warriors are doing.

bga1

Reaction score
I still see from time to time posts that show D-Day and then something like “that generation volunteered to go into battle, putting their lives on the line”. Then another photo of someone with a mask on hiding behind a tree or something saying “the current generation is scared of the flu”.

The other way to look at is that generation was willing to sacrifice, on the battlefield and at home. We currently have people that aren’t willing to sacrifice anything, including just wearing a mask once in awhile.
We currently have a population of cowards, afraid to send their kids to school. Teachers afraid to teach. All irrationally. Our founding fathers believed no cost was too high for freedom. Our current generation believes freedom is worth giving up for safety.

Wally

Reaction score
We currently have a population of cowards, afraid to send their kids to school. Teachers afraid to teach. All irrationally. Our founding fathers believed no cost was too high for freedom. Our current generation believes freedom is worth giving up for safety.
I send my kids to school everyday and I wear a mask. How exactly does wearing a mask in indoors public places take away your freedom? Why can't I go around everywhere naked, I would argue that requiring clothes is a bigger infringement than masks because there is no real reason to require clothes and there actually is a real reason to require masks. Last I heard no one was hurt because someone wasn't wearing a shirt.

GophersInIowa

Reaction score
It appears 65% of voters on this poll have not done any independent research. I'll wear a mask inside of a public/private business if asked, but I was avoiding those before the state passed mandate. By the way, when will that end? Ever? The only thing preventing us from going back to "normal" is our willingness to comply with phony orders. Masks are purely a tool to gauge who is a good follower. The more you submit to, the more that will be taken. Look around the world, people are literally being disappeared or arrested for anti-mask/anti-lockdown sentiment. You can be thrown out of a public space for not wearing a mask when you're not sick and masks don't even work? Problem, reaction, solution is the oldest political trick for getting the populous to lay down their liberty. Everyone clamoring for masks right now are mostly saying no big deal, it's only a mask you selfish covid spreader. Lay down and then lay down again and then lay down again and then see where we are in 5 years. Look at where Australia is RIGHT NOW. If we don't say no it will NOT stop. Censorship has ramped up 10 fold in the name of medical fascism.
By all means post your independent research findings. I’ve asked this many times before without an answer. There are many, many rules, laws, mandates, etc. in place intended to be in the best interest of public health and safety. Why is wearing masks during a pandemic the tipping point?

GophersInIowa

Reaction score
Why always go to such an extreme? “People don’t believe the same thing as me or what’s important to them is different than me so they’re irrational and cowards!”

If “no cost was too high for freedom”, you must be very critical of the “greatest generation” since they gave up freedoms during the war. You must also be okay with “draft dodgers” because those people should have the freedom to decide themselves, right?

GopherBlood666

Reaction score
Why always go to such an extreme? “People don’t believe the same thing as me or what’s important to them is different than me so they’re irrational and cowards!”

If “no cost was too high for freedom”, you must be very critical of the “greatest generation” since they gave up freedoms during the war. You must also be okay with “draft dodgers” because those people should have the freedom to decide themselves, right?
Yeah I'm totally cool with draft dodgers. The Vietnam war was another launched under false pretenses (see gulf of tonkin). We should have never been there and it was never meant to be won. People should have the freedom to decide if they want put their lives on the line or be put in a position to take another.

GopherBlood666

Reaction score
By all means post your independent research findings. I’ve asked this many times before without an answer. There are many, many rules, laws, mandates, etc. in place intended to be in the best interest of public health and safety. Why is wearing masks during a pandemic the tipping point?
Based on your response, regardless of what I post in terms of studies and medical opinions it wouldn't matter. If people want to wear masks to feel safer cool and good for them. I just feel that there was never enough evidence to mandate them. Studies I've read and opinions I've heard would dictate that masks are at best ineffective. Cloth mask studies indicate only a 3% reduction in any type of spreading which renders them 97% ineffective. For me, not enough to mandate. If it were one crazy guy I would disregard, but it's not.

GophersInIowa

Reaction score

Anti-maskers are the ones pumping that narrative. Some comparing wearing a mask to nazi Germany. Or claims of child abuse if a kid is wearing one.

How exactly does someone prove at 100% certainty that masks are effective? What’s the minimum threshold? Reduces infections by 5%? 50%? How does someone even determine that?

GophersInIowa

Reaction score
Based on your response, regardless of what I post in terms of studies and medical opinions it wouldn't matter. If people want to wear masks to feel safer cool and good for them. I just feel that there was never enough evidence to mandate them. Studies I've read and opinions I've heard would dictate that masks are at best ineffective. Cloth mask studies indicate only a 3% reduction in any type of spreading which renders them 97% ineffective. For me, not enough to mandate. If it were one crazy guy I would disregard, but it's not.
That’s fair. There certainly is a wide range of opinions and results from studies. Some say it works more than others. I’ve always said that. My opinion will continue to be that it’s not a big deal to wear them so why not in case it does help? 3% doesn’t seem like much but it’s a lot when you consider the entire population. I just think it’s a little ridiculous that something must be proven with 100% certainty for it to be done, especially when it’s something extremely simple.

Ogee Oglethorpe

Over Macho Grande?
Reaction score
Anti-maskers are the ones pumping that narrative. Some comparing wearing a mask to nazi Germany. Or claims of child abuse if a kid is wearing one.

How exactly does someone prove at 100% certainty that masks are effective? What’s the minimum threshold? Reduces infections by 5%? 50%? How does someone even determine that?
The fact that we have no idea should be really kind of alarming. It's probably unlikely, but the reduction in transmission could be almost negligible. We don't know. I guess that's my point. It's one big political football, for the most part.

At the very VERY least, people wearing masks outdoors seems to be pretty damn ridiculous

JimmyJamesMD

Reaction score
Sent all 3 of my age eligible kids to school. No second thoughts.

I also do not wear a mask in big businesses

Wally

Reaction score
H1N1 was significantly more deadly to children in '09 than COVID is today. So why didn't we mask children then? Why didn't we close schools?
How many people got H1N1, alot more than have gotten Covid so far. I got H1N1 in China in November of 2008, sick as a dog on plane ride back, I was probably a super spreader.

Top Bottom