Do you wear a mask?

When you go out to places like the grocery store, do you wear a mask?

• Yes, I think it helps slow the spread

Votes: 48 42.9%
  • Yes, I'm not sure how much it helps but it's no big deal to wear one

Votes: 25 22.3%
  • Yes, but only because I'm required to

Votes: 11 9.8%
  • No, I don't think it helps

Votes: 11 9.8%
  • No, It's my decision/I'm healthy so not at risk

Votes: 12 10.7%
  • No, They're uncomfortable/can't use them due to a health condition

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • No, it makes us look weak/I'm not going to live in fear

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Other, post below

Votes: 6 5.4%

• Total voters

GopherWeatherGuy

Reaction score
CDC Director Redfield says universal mask wearing could get the virus under control in 4-8 weeks and save up to 45,000 lives by November.

We're back to models again I see. Those numbers are not backed up by data in places that are heavily masked. California, Japan, and SE Asia are a number of examples of where spikes are occurring again, regardless of masks.

Until just recently, the CDC was against universal masking in preventing the spread of influenza, and now COVID. This was backed by decades of research and peer reviewed studies.

Now within a few weeks they flip flopped on decades of research? And that doesn't raise red flags?

Nokomis

Nothing To Say
Reaction score
More risk while seated in your own chair, outdoors?
Presumably. I'm stationary in relatively close proximity to other parents and kids passing by. I image that's more risk than walking down the sidewalk.

But again this isn't about my personal believes on mask efficacy. This is a direct request from the league director, who is relaying direction from someone else (governor, MDH, mayor). If we don't wear masks, I can easily see them shutting down other youths sports due to non-compliant parents.

Spoofin

Reaction score
I'll be completely honest, if I'm pretty confident that I can keep a reasonable distance from anyone else, I'm not wearing a mask. I wear one in businesses that require it and say as much on the door going in, but if I can keep a safe distance from others, I just don't do it. Apologies if that makes me a bad person.
Ha. I'm not a wear a mask at all times guy and do not think this makes you a bad person. If you are outside and a safe distance and not in a place that requires or asks you to wear one - I don't see the issue in not wearing one. This debate is pushed much more at those that refuse to wear masks no matter the situation.

Panthadad2

Reaction score
This is the mask I'm looking for.

woman hole mask.jpg

Or maybe the ol' loosely knit yarn mask (a.k.a. Alyssa Milano mask).

woman yarn mask.jpg

Go4Broke

Reaction score
Target will join Walmart, Best Buy in requiring masks

Target Corp. has become the latest mega-retailer to say it will require customers to wear face masks in its stores to help stem the spread of the coronavirus. Beginning Aug. 1, the Minneapolis-based retail company will require customers, except those with underlying medical conditions and young children, to wear face coverings, according to a Thursday update to its coronavirus response page.

The move comes a day after Walmart, the world's largest retailer, announced its own mask requirement. Several other stores, including Richfield-based Best Buy, also announced customer mask policies this week. Lunds & Byerlys and CVS also announced mandatory mask policies on Thursday. Wisconsin-based Kohl's and Kroger both announced on Wednesday. The national retailers join Costco and Menards, which adopted mandatory mask policies earlier.

The National Retail Federation on Wednesday encouraged all retailers to adopt a nationwide policy on face coverings. "Workers serving customers should not have to make a critical decision as to whether they should risk exposure to infection or lose their jobs because a minority of people refuse to wear masks in order to help stop the spread of the deadly coronavirus," the organization said.

https://www.startribune.com/target-...t-buy-in-requiring-masks-in-stores/571791062/

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
That’s my philosophy. It probably doesn’t work very well if you believe Dr Osterholm, but it makes people feel better. It’d be great if the scientists agreed, but they don’t.

Do you think Trump was getting his mask advice from Dr Osterholm? Or maybe Dr Fauci before he changed his tune?

GSUsTALON

Reaction score
I hered, from the Cheese Heads, that they are putting used tampons up their nose. You put the bloody soked side on the outside so that the virus attacks the red blood cells. stick to it, and tries to feed on it. The rest of the tampon is as good as a g-95 filter. DO not use a used pad over your mouth. Use a thin minny pad.

Thank me latter for the research.!

TALON

www,gsufans.com.

Last edited:

Spoofin

Reaction score
I hered, from the Cheese Heads, that they are putting used tampons up their nose. You put the blood soked side on the outside so that the virus stick to it and tries to feed on it. The rest of the tampon is as good as a g-95 filter. DO not use a used pad over your mouth. Use a thin minny pad.

TALON

www,gsufans.com.
WTH? Bed time?

GSUsTALON

Reaction score
I will say that those Wisconsin sharp cheder cheese boxes are thinking outside the norm.

They want their pro team and that other P5 team to play. What are the Gophers doing?

I hered, from the Cheese Heads, that they are putting used tampons up their nose. You put the bloody soked side on the outside so that the virus attacks the red blood cells. stick to it, and tries to feed on it. The rest of the tampon is as good as a g-95 filter. DO not use a used pad over your mouth. Use a thin minny pad.

TALON

www,gsufans.com.

gopher7

Reaction score
CDC Director Redfield says universal mask wearing could get the virus under control in 4-8 weeks and save up to 45,000 lives by November.

On his podcast, Osterholm brought this specific quote up and said it's bunkum. Starts about the 57:30 mark.

Pompous Elitist

Reaction score
I finally broke down and bought a mask. Not a flimsy little paper mask, or a bandanna, but a real mask. I think it's reasonable to ask everyone to wear these moving forward. If you're still wearing paper, or cloth masks, you want people to die.

View attachment 8723
Polish?

Pretty cool, except the exhalation valve spews your polack germs everywhere. 😃

Top Bottom