Danny Manning fired.

Outsider

Reaction score
The length of the deal was never announced, though Jeff Goodman — then of ESPN — reported that the contract ran through the 2024-25 season. Goodman reported during the 2018-19 season that the buyout figure was $18 million, though that has never been confirmed or denied by Wake Forest.

This was the only buyout info I saw in the Winston Salem Journal article I read.

Outsider

Reaction score
ESPN is saying 15 mil this year but again unconfirmed.

theczar

Banned
Reaction score
like to see one of these "genius" blue blood coaches take this job show the build a Ferrari as well as the can drive one. LOL

GophersInIowa

Reaction score
He's a guy I thought would have had a bit more success.

builtbadgers

Reaction score
It was huge but got negotiated down to the benefit of everyone involved.

builtbadgers

Reaction score
Cue Pitino to WF rumors.
Can you imagine him trying to take on UVA,Duke, UNC, lOUISVILLE, that conference is so top heavy with national title type programs. The good news would be is that there are 4 pretty terrible programs.

builtbadgers

Reaction score
If they can not get Belein or do not want him they will go after Ryam Odom, Wes Miller, Earl Grant. They need to consider recruiting ties in the eastern and southern seaboard . Those last 3 come with a ready made staff with those relationships.

Frink

Reaction score
Huh. WF has fallen so far off the radar that I had completely forgotten Manning was the coach.

CPTMidnight

Reaction score
Several on here care about college basketball news, they share their thoughts. You simply have name calling.
This is a gopher board not a college basketball news board (they have those too...) When you post something completely unrelated to Gopher Basketball everyone clicks on it, then scrolls down to figure out how it relates to the Gophers, then realizes that it is a private conversation unrelated to the greater discussion on the Gophers.

Please have the common courtesy to take it elsewhere or at least make the attempt to track down the 2020 coaches hired/fired thread and post it there so people can "self-select" out of reading it. This is pretty basic stuff - so no need to take it personally.

CPTMidnight

Reaction score
Because the title is literally "Danny Manning fired."
If you don't know who Danny Manning is you need to dig in to figure out what is going on with this Danny guy and why it is posted on the home town team thread.

If you do, you are wondering what the connection is to the Gophers that makes this deserves its own thread here on the Gopherhole instead of being relegated to the hired/fired thread. What is the story-line that I am are missing? So you dig in and then realize it is a private conversation for the people that care about ACC coaches or maybe the NBA (yuck).

So I ask again, please post Gopher stuff here.

Outsider

Reaction score
If you don't know who Danny Manning is you need to dig in to figure out what is going on with this Danny guy and why it is posted on the home town team thread.

If you do, you are wondering what the connection is to the Gophers that makes this deserves its own thread here on the Gopherhole instead of being relegated to the hired/fired thread. What is the story-line that I am are missing? So you dig in and then realize it is a private conversation for the people that care about ACC coaches or maybe the NBA (yuck).

So I ask again, please post Gopher stuff here.
Didn’t realize you suddenly became the moderator. Get off the thread if it doesn’t interest you. You seem to be the only one who is having an issue with it at the moment.

mplarson7

Reaction score
Description of this part of the forum:

"The Golden Gopher Basketball Forum is where die-hard Gopher basketball fans talk about the program, upcoming games, recruiting, and college basketball."

The post is about college basketball. There is no requirement that a post only be about Gopher basketball. You should probably chill out.

Top Bottom