Crime Soars in Liberal Cities that Voted to Defund the Police

From the Parkinglot

Reaction score
The damage that was done last summer is not acceptable and those responsible should be held accountable. That does not mean that the area is some sort of terrifying war zone on an ongoing basis.
I didn’t say it was a war zone. It’s PUBLIC street that is being barricaded by people unlawfully. If this were a major city street in Minneapolis it would have been cleaned up months ago. Because it’s not the politicians can play soft and placate to mob controlling it.

the entire city of Minneapolis is coming closer and closer every day to being unvisitable. Wait till it’s summer time and people are out side again and see why the petty crime or robberies and car jackings look like. Now the crime is moving out of the city and into the suburbs.

scools12

Reaction score
The video literally shows people being told they’re in for a bad situation if they don’t leave. Another person says the cops aren’t being let in the and it’s volatile area.

Just a blocked intersection - ok sure 👌

Last edited:

Gopher_In_NYC

Reaction score
The damage that was done last summer is not acceptable and those responsible should be held accountable. That does not mean that the area is some sort of terrifying war zone on an ongoing basis.

Those are two separate issues; many of the fellas can't comprehend it as it requires nuanced thought.

From the Parkinglot

Reaction score
Those are two separate issues; many of the fellas can't comprehend it as it requires nuanced thought.
Are they really separate issues? You don’t think they are at all connected or related? The same people doing damage this summer are not the same people there now?

if everything is so hunky dory in the George Floyd square why are those two punks threatening a guy to not enter the area?

Gopher_In_NYC

Reaction score
Are they really separate issues? You don’t think they are at all connected or related? The same people doing damage this summer are not the same people there now?

if everything is so hunky dory in the George Floyd square why are those two punks threatening a guy to not enter the area?

Fair questions.

"The same people" - good lord. I think you meant the same types of people or at least I hope you do.

I think and I believe it has been shown that many of looters were not left leaning ideologues, but rather people looking for free shit or just wanting to break stuff. Is it acceptable, of course not. I think all people who commit crimes need to held accountable.

Regarding the specific instance, that could have been handled much better. They may recognized the reporter or saw his channels insignia and realized that he was going to do an exploitative piece and didn't want him using the place where Floyd was murdered in that manner - as it is disrespectful.

To assume that is covering illegal activities or issues etc...is a gigantic assumption IMO.

Do I think all who stormed the Capital are hardcore violent people, of course not, but they are liable for their actions just like anyone who destroyed property. I think when you start painting with broad strokes, you miss the nuance/smaller strokes which is where the true truth lies IMO.

STPGopher

Reaction score
Another face plant on the slopes. Thanks for the month old article with outdated information.
Yet if you told many that both reform and more resources are really what is needed, they'd cry about taxes...wait for it...even though they don't live in the city.

Section2

Reaction score
Except the woman interviewed had her brother (son?) get shot in the area and no one could come for help. And a reporter outside the Zone was threatened and told to leave. But I think you’re probably right. We should avert our eyes from this and just ignore multiple city blocks being controlled by criminals and even Floyd protesters afraid to venture inside. This is fine.

Section2

Reaction score
Yet if you told many that both reform and more resources are really what is needed, they'd cry about taxes...wait for it...even though they don't live in the city.
I won’t cry. The city should definitely jack up taxes in the city of Minneapolis to pay for all the resources you need. It will definitely turn out the way you think.

STPGopher

Reaction score
I didn’t say it was a war zone. It’s PUBLIC street that is being barricaded by people unlawfully. If this were a major city street in Minneapolis it would have been cleaned up months ago. Because it’s not the politicians can play soft and placate to mob controlling it.

the entire city of Minneapolis is coming closer and closer every day to being unvisitable. Wait till it’s summer time and people are out side again and see why the petty crime or robberies and car jackings look like. Now the crime is moving out of the city and into the suburbs.
So now suburban police forces have been reduced/ eliminated?

Spoofin

Reaction score
GH makes me doubt all of society sometimes. Just this week someone was shot in this area and died. The police were met with resistance and not allowed to enter. They were initially told the victim would be delivered to them at the boundary (WTF!). First responders never got to the person before he was transferred to a hospital privately wehre he died. Now we have folks on here downplaying it, calling it a "traffic issue", fake news, "terrifying", and laughing. You must be f'ing kidding me.

STPGopher

Reaction score
GH makes me doubt all of society sometimes. Just this week someone was shot in this area and died. The police were met with resistance and not allowed to enter. They were initially told the victim would be delivered to them at the boundary (WTF!). First responders never got to the person before he was transferred to a hospital privately wehre he died. Now we have folks on here downplaying it, calling it a "traffic issue", fake news, "terrifying", and laughing. You must be f'ing kidding me.
As one who isn't a fan of this setup, I also realize that real reform needs to occur for a significant support for the memorial to decrease.

Section2

Reaction score

Gopher_In_NYC

Reaction score
Except the woman interviewed had her brother (son?) get shot in the area and no one could come for help. And a reporter outside the Zone was threatened and told to leave. But I think you’re probably right. We should avert our eyes from this and just ignore multiple city blocks being controlled by criminals and even Floyd protesters afraid to venture inside. This is fine.
When the report is on a RW new outlet, it must be questioned. Based on the innumerable lies told my them during the election regarding fraud etc....

You can do lots of neat things in editing.

STPGopher

Reaction score
Ah, I thought we were discussing city taxes going up, not state taxes. Maybe I misunderstood your original post. I’d rather the state spend far less and let cities budget themselves, so you and I are in agreement there.
Actually we might somewhat agree. I also think that the Mayor and the Chief of Police should run the police department not the union rep.

There are many sensible solutions. All solutions, sensible or not, will cost.

Spoofin

Reaction score
Lots of guns means people get shot.
Thats the way it is.
I’m still not sure what your post meant on this story? If they let the cops there it would be worse?

From the Parkinglot

Reaction score
Fair questions.

"The same people" - good lord. I think you meant the same types of people or at least I hope you do.

I think and I believe it has been shown that many of looters were not left leaning ideologues, but rather people looking for free shit or just wanting to break stuff. Is it acceptable, of course not. I think all people who commit crimes need to held accountable.

Regarding the specific instance, that could have been handled much better. They may recognized the reporter or saw his channels insignia and realized that he was going to do an exploitative piece and didn't want him using the place where Floyd was murdered in that manner - as it is disrespectful.

To assume that is covering illegal activities or issues etc...is a gigantic assumption IMO.

Do I think all who stormed the Capital are hardcore violent people, of course not, but they are liable for their actions just like anyone who destroyed property. I think when you start painting with broad strokes, you miss the nuance/smaller strokes which is where the true truth lies IMO.
Yes the same group of people being angry people that destroyed parts of the city. Don’t paint me with the brush you are attempting to.

something tells me more people were arrested and changed on the caption insurrection than were arrested in the damage done to Minneapolis.

BarnBurner

Reaction score
The video literally shows people being told they’re in for a bad situation if they don’t leave. Another person says the cops aren’t being let in the and it’s volatile area.

Just a blocked intersection - ok sure 👌
As one who isn't a fan of this setup, I also realize that real reform needs to occur for a significant support for the memorial to decrease.
Don’t worry about anyone who needs to use the public streets. The fine folks occupying the area come first. Dandy logic and a prime example of the real issue.

Section2

Reaction score
Actually we might somewhat agree. I also think that the Mayor and the Chief of Police should run the police department not the union rep.

There are many sensible solutions. All solutions, sensible or not, will cost.
Agreed. I’m sure you feel the same about teachers unions.

Spoofin

Reaction score
When they say “defund the police” they don’t mean to defund the police.

Top Bottom