Crime Soars in Liberal Cities that Voted to Defund the Police

Livingat45north

Reaction score
This is what happens when the libs put in policies that keep the police from doing their jobs...

Livingat45north

Reaction score
Interesting move by law enforcement. Portland DA refuses to press any charges against any of the rioters, so, the police get deputized as U.S. Marshalls and now the rioters have to respond in federal court.

Spaulding!No!

Reaction score
It appears the choices of the baby boom generation in regards to raising kids is coming home to roost.

Gopher_In_NYC

Reaction score
Link to the data you posted? And specific time periods is the data referring to? IT appears there might be information provided form multiple sources and I want to see if it was conflated. Please note: when I post data, I always provide a link to it - so others know specifically how it was sourced.

Reasonable, huh?

Clicking on the headline yields nothing (its blank) the link doesn't work.

Merci

Still awaiting an answer to my question from 45 that was posted on 10/20 -

1603973338232.png

Amazing how when a question is asked that requires transparency, it goes unanswered.

1603973254158.png

MplsGopher

Banned
Reaction score
What ever happened to @Livingat45north ?

Last seen Jan 11.

Have always wondered if this is duplicate account that CRG started up years ago, and periodically uses (sometimes at the same time as his base account).

Section2

Reaction score
Interesting move by law enforcement. Portland DA refuses to press any charges against any of the rioters, so, the police get deputized as U.S. Marshalls and now the rioters have to respond in federal court.

Jake and Wally haven’t been paying attention. You mean the government of Portland has been trying to prevent violent rioters who are attacking police from being prosecuted?

Gopher_In_NYC

Reaction score
Still awaiting an answer to my question from 45 that was posted on 10/20 -

View attachment 10063

Amazing how when a question is asked that requires transparency, it goes unanswered.

View attachment 10062

I knew he wouldn't reply because that fraud was quoting nonsense - those were screaming headlines from a bogus Fox post that which compared those stats for two crimes stats from specific summer months in 2019 to those respective months in 2020; the overall crime rate had actually declined - I know as I had the stats.

Furthermore the police chief attributed some of the violence which occurred in the summer months of 2020 due to the Covid Cabin Fever and the affect on the economy due to the virus which affected poorer brown/black neighborhood. Traditionally those areas, as you can imagine struggle with violence/gangs more so than higher income neighborhoods.

justthefacts

Reaction score
This is not a surprise. Partially because the drug war is one of the main problems. But this isn’t a defense of “defund the police”. Which I’m assuming was your point.
YUutmZb.jpg

SBfhJCb.jpg

Spoofin

Reaction score
Police called in on hundreds of cases and no arrests. This is good? Why were police called in hundreds of times if nothing illegal was happening or are we now just celebrating letting criminals off?

justthefacts

Reaction score
Police called in on hundreds of cases and no arrests. This is good? Why were police called in hundreds of times if nothing illegal was happening or are we now just celebrating letting criminals off?
Police are called all the time when there are better options

Hp1RKdn.jpg

Section2

Reaction score
Police are called all the time when there are better options

Hp1RKdn.jpg
I have no problem with that whatsoever. I also don’t believe this is what is meant by “defund the police”. Obviously it means different things to different people. But the original meaning was no police at all.

justthefacts

Reaction score
How many of the episodes where mental health workers were used instead of police for drug and mental health calls, involved violent offenders?
None. And that's the point. You can reduce police workload and have them focus only on those cases and save money

From the Parkinglot

Reaction score
Does anyone not find it hypocritical that Jacob Frey is asking the state for millions of dollars in order to protect the city form potential issues with the upcoming trial. This is the same man that wanted to have less police presence in the city and the city council agreed with him.

Plausible Deniability

Coffee is for closers
Reaction score
How many of the episodes where mental health workers were used instead of police for drug and mental health calls, involved violent offenders?
You're missing the point here, dude. The Washington Post gets to tell you what YOU should think "defund the police" means. Don't you understand?

Directly from the playbook; idiot whackos on the left make outrageous blanket moronic statements, liberal media rushes to their defense to try to defuse the situation and tell you that that wasn't REALLY what they meant all along.

Pay attention. You should know better by now.

Wally

Reaction score
Are Cities blue because the amount of poverty or does the Amount of poverty cause cities to turn blue.

Its not poverty, otherwise hillbilly country in the south would be blue, they are poorer.

I think its exposure to all different kinds of people and lots of them. Gives you more empathy.

Wally

Reaction score
You're missing the point here, dude. The Washington Post gets to tell you what YOU should think "defund the police" means. Don't you understand?

Directly from the playbook; idiot whackos on the left make outrageous blanket moronic statements, liberal media rushes to their defense to try to defuse the situation and tell you that that wasn't REALLY what they meant all along.

Pay attention. You should know better by now.

Just end the War on Drugs and the required police state it entails and most of this becomes a moot point in my opinion.

Section2

Reaction score
None. And that's the point. You can reduce police workload and have them focus only on those cases and save money
Obviously I have no problem with that. And obviously that’s not what was being proposed last summer by the hard left.

forever a gopher

Reaction score
In theory, this approach makes a ton of sense. Police (and associated squad cars, training, benefits, retirement,etc.) are expensive. My good friend is a cop, and their retirement package is pretty crazy- better than just about any I’ve ever heard of. Locking people up is also expensive. If we can reduce the need for either of those, it’s a win.

If you’re doing coke in the privacy of your own home, or you’re having non-violent mental health issues, there’s no reason the police should need to be involved.

The tricky part comes in the nuance of the type of call, and the potential liability. Someone calls the police because their family member is threatening to hurt themselves. Dispatch asks if there’s any weapons, or if they’re being violent, and the person says no. So they send a healthcare professional. The person having a crisis either kills themselves or finds a knife and attacks somebody. Because dispatch sent the “b” squad instead of the police, the family is pissed that they didn’t send somebody that could have detained said person, and sues the city. Dispatch becomes the gate keeper as to who gets police and who gets the healthcare team, raising the liability of those individuals and thus the city.

If some cities want to run pilot programs to try and figure out the balance, I’d be all for it. But I would also be interested to see what happens when problems arise, as they obviously will.

golfing18now

Reaction score
Obviously I have no problem with that. And obviously that’s not what was being proposed last summer by the hard left.

If you reduce policing to only situations with high potential for violent outcomes....
a) Good luck trying to find people to do that job
b) I'm sure that would do wonders for public trust. The sight of a police car would send people like Wally into a panic or shell

Wally

Reaction score
If you reduce policing to only situations with high potential for violent outcomes....
a) Good luck trying to find people to do that job
b) I'm sure that would do wonders for public trust. The sight of a police car would send people like Wally into a panic or shell

The police treat most situations that way.

Tell me how comfortable you would be with four cops, gun out and their dog walking around in your yard.

golfing18now

Reaction score
The police treat most situations that way.

Tell me how comfortable you would be with four cops, gun out and their dog walking around in your yard.

I wouldn't but my first reaction would be, "what is going on that got them here in the first place?"

Angry

Reaction score
In theory, this approach makes a ton of sense. Police (and associated squad cars, training, benefits, retirement,etc.) are expensive. My good friend is a cop, and their retirement package is pretty crazy- better than just about any I’ve ever heard of. Locking people up is also expensive. If we can reduce the need for either of those, it’s a win.

If you’re doing coke in the privacy of your own home, or you’re having non-violent mental health issues, there’s no reason the police should need to be involved.

The tricky part comes in the nuance of the type of call, and the potential liability. Someone calls the police because their family member is threatening to hurt themselves. Dispatch asks if there’s any weapons, or if they’re being violent, and the person says no. So they send a healthcare professional. The person having a crisis either kills themselves or finds a knife and attacks somebody. Because dispatch sent the “b” squad instead of the police, the family is pissed that they didn’t send somebody that could have detained said person, and sues the city. Dispatch becomes the gate keeper as to who gets police and who gets the healthcare team, raising the liability of those individuals and thus the city.

If some cities want to run pilot programs to try and figure out the balance, I’d be all for it. But I would also be interested to see what happens when problems arise, as they obviously will.
Unfortunately that hypothetical you just gave would get very little national media coverage.

Top Bottom